Better GReader Suggestion

bel9ev

Nov 17, 2009, 3:06:15 AM11/17/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions
It would be cool to this option in Better Greader:
Showing all your items in one feed as a list of their Headings with a
button "Expand" to well expand it ) and an option to Mark it as read
by ticking. This will reduce the amount of time to access all the tons
of garbage you sometimes get. If you see stupid Heading - just mark it
as read and move on to next one.

Actually this cool option was already made and presented by one user
at russian IT-community Habrahabr but in a form of script for Grease
Monkey. I suppose it is good option worth adding to this add-on for
those who do not use Grease Monkey ) Like me )

Gina Trapani

Nov 19, 2009, 10:17:35 PM11/19/09
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 3:06 AM, bel9ev <bel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually this cool option was already made and presented by one user
> at russian IT-community Habrahabr but in a form of script for Grease
> Monkey. I suppose it is good option worth adding to this add-on for
> those who do not use Grease Monkey ) Like me )

Can you send a link to this Greasemonkey script?

--
http://ginatrapani.org
http://twitter.com/ginatrapani

bel9ev

Nov 20, 2009, 3:20:17 PM11/20/09
to Better Webapps Firefox Extensions

Gina Trapani

Nov 30, 2009, 9:56:47 AM11/30/09
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 3:20 PM, bel9ev <bel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can you send a link to this Greasemonkey script?
>
> http://www.cocotoucan.com/tools/google-reader/google-reader-mark-selected-as-read.user.js

This script is very useful, thanks.

Do you know how I can get in touch with the developer and ask
permission to include it in Better GReader? There doesn't appear to be
any licensing information in the source code and I don't want to be
presumptuous. I see he's on Twitter, I'll try him that way, but if you
have an email address, that would be even better.

Gina Trapani

Dec 7, 2009, 12:27:55 PM12/7/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
Great news--the script author gave me permission to include this in
the next version of Better GReader. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, I just wrote it up on my blog with a screenshot if you're
interested in seeing the script in action:
http://smarterware.org/3915/mark-selected-items-read-in-google-reader