Missing Preview Button in Greader 0.6.1

1 view

Sven Garly

Apr 17, 2009, 4:46:00 AM4/17/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
I'm using Better GReader with the Firefox 3.5 nightlies. With version
0.6.1, I've lost the Preview button; this button is present and works
on the 3.5 nightlies with GReader 0.5.2.

Cheers

--
Sven

Sven Garly

Apr 17, 2009, 8:36:23 AM4/17/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
Same with 3.0.x.

Seems it does work in list view but not expanded view (for both 3.0
and 3.5b).

--
Sven

Mason H

Apr 17, 2009, 11:24:04 AM4/17/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
Same here - v. 3.0.9. No preview button, no preview functionality at
all actually.

Clicking on the article title loads article in a new tab instead of
preview.

Fuzz

Apr 17, 2009, 11:35:09 AM4/17/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
Same here, no preview in expanded view.

JamesK

Apr 18, 2009, 6:46:20 AM4/18/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
I have noticed this too since this morning.

Using: Firefox/3.0.8

groovymarlin

Apr 19, 2009, 7:14:14 PM4/19/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
Me too. Firefox 3.0.8 on Mac OSX 10.5. No preview at all and the
"preview" button is completely gone.

Wysie

Apr 19, 2009, 9:00:43 PM4/19/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
Using 0.6.1 with the 3.5 nightlies here. It works in List View but not
in Expanded View.

DM

Apr 19, 2009, 11:10:18 PM4/19/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
same here, no preview in expanded view.
firefox 3.0.8 with greader 0.6.1

AO

Apr 20, 2009, 9:44:41 AM4/20/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
In case anyone was looking to down grade to revert back to the old
behavior.
It can be found here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/6424

WS

Apr 21, 2009, 4:47:46 AM4/21/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
Same here -- I initially thought that it was some kind of weird issue
with Windows 7 (I switched roughly at the same time) but reproduced it
on my previous XP install.

Cheers,
Wojtek

reswob

Apr 21, 2009, 8:35:56 AM4/21/09
to Better Firefox Extensions

Ditto the above....

groovymarlin

Apr 21, 2009, 10:49:05 AM4/21/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
Thanks for the link to downgrade! I'll have to do this on my Mac and
PC at home (I chose to skip the update when I started Firefox at work
this morning). Amazing to me how much I was using that preview option,
now that it's gone I really miss it.

joli...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2009, 12:56:45 PM4/21/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
I tried downgrading to both of the two previous versions, but it
hasn't fixed the problem.

Ali

Apr 21, 2009, 2:50:19 PM4/21/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
The preview button and any preview functionality is missing under OS X
as well. I'm running Firefox 3.0.8 with 0.6.1.

Josh

Apr 22, 2009, 4:29:17 PM4/22/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
Same thing here, no preview button under FF 3.1b3 - Win XP with
GReader 0.6.1

Gina Trapani

Apr 24, 2009, 7:50:48 PM4/24/09
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Looks like this is a known bug noted by a user on the script's
homepage that the author should fix:

http://userscripts.org/topics/25047

It only happens in expanded view for me, not list view. There is a
user-contributed fix listed in that thread--I'll check it out and
consider it for inclusion. Sorry all!

--
http://ginatrapani.org

Dru

Apr 29, 2009, 12:16:38 AM4/29/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
Apparently rolling back is the only fix. Thanks for the link.

Nathaniel

Apr 29, 2009, 10:44:32 AM4/29/09
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
I've just tested the preview feature using 0.6.1 and it works fine on my system, running Firefox 3.0.9

Regards

Nathaniel

Dru

Apr 30, 2009, 12:28:17 PM4/30/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
How is it that preview is working for you but no one else?

On Apr 29, 10:44 am, Nathaniel <nathanie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just tested the preview feature using 0.6.1 and it works fine on my
> system, running Firefox 3.0.9
>
> Regards
>
> Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Apr 30, 2009, 12:47:30 PM4/30/09
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Dunno. I just updated today to FF 3.0.10 and am using version 0.6.1 of the Better Greader extension and the click to view option of the 2 previews and it just works ....

I just tried it again before writing this to make sure.

Regards

Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Apr 30, 2009, 12:53:33 PM4/30/09
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Ok I have just re read the entire thread regarding this issue and I apologise to everyone as I hadn't picked up on the list vs expanded view problem and after checking again I can confirm that it behaves the same for me.

In list view it works correctly, It's not there at all in expanded view. I usually browse in list view hence my earlier response.

Regards

Nathaniel

digideth

May 2, 2009, 1:41:11 AM5/2/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
I have the same problem; works in list view but doesn't work in
expanded view.

I have a solution for those who have greasemonkey installed!!!

Bryan Tsai greasemonkey script works perfectly and its based on the
original preview script by Julien Carosi which needs to be updated,
but i don't think it will EVER happen since its now be over a year
since the last update.... :(

This script WORKS for expanded and list views!!!!!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/12352

digideth

May 2, 2009, 1:56:53 AM5/2/09
to Better Firefox Extensions
Hate to say it but that was the last thing I had checked/using in
Better Greader extension.

Sorry Gina but that extension is now uninstalled along with Better
Gmail2.

I am finding out that its better to use greasemonkey scripts than
extensions because the scripts are updated more often and I don't have
to restart Firefox if the script decides to ruin my browsing
experience. Oh Ya install this if you want your scripts to be up to
date http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/26062

Thanks again Gina for compiling all these scripts into great
extensions for those not wanting to delve into greasemonkey!!!

Sorry Sorry for going off topic folks I just had to get that out of
me....