Better greader smart subscribe, broken on a site

Mats Svensson

Feb 3, 2010, 7:25:30 AM2/3/10
to Better Firefox Extensions
http://www.physorg.com/

One doesn't show any rss icon, the other shows a whole row of then
across the top of the page.

I'm using portable FF 3.5.7 , but it seems broken in other versions
too.

Mats Svensson

Mar 7, 2010, 4:59:58 AM3/7/10
to Better Firefox Extensions
Still doesn't work...

Gina Trapani

Mar 7, 2010, 12:25:16 PM3/7/10
to Better Firefox Extensions
Hi Mats--

Sounds like a script-specific problem. Contact the script author
(either Comte or Parparita, you didn't say which one you're using)
about this. If either issue a fix to the user script, I'll roll it
into the extension.

Just a reminder to all: if a specific user script is not working the
way you'd expect, contact the script author via the homepage listed on
Better Gmail 2's Options dialog's Help tab. Thanks!

Gina

Sylvain Comte

Mar 8, 2010, 2:45:39 AM3/8/10
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mats,

I'll take a look when i got time to. Despite the icon is not displayed, my version "works" : when putting your cursor at top of the page, it display the feed list. I presume their css is not so common...
Tell you later

Sylvain

Sylvain Comte

Mar 8, 2010, 8:30:05 AM3/8/10
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Ok folks,

got it. They use a very strange div { width:100%} in their stylesheet. So I will have to put not less strange div {width:auto} in my script to make it look good again on this page.
Please be patient for the fix, i'm on some hard and critical stuff for my real work.
As it's a minor bug concerning one site only, i'm pretty sure everybody can wait...

cheers,

Sylvain

Mats Svensson

Mar 9, 2010, 8:01:30 AM3/9/10
to Better Firefox Extensions
Great, thanks!

Its the only site i have ever seen it look broken on, so its not
exactly a big deal.

Just thought id let you know i have found this edge case that might be
interesting ;)

On Mar 8, 2:30 pm, Sylvain Comte <sylvain.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok folks,
>
> got it. They use a very strange div { width:100%} in their stylesheet. So I
> will have to put not less strange div {width:auto} in my script to make it
> look good again on this page.
> Please be patient for the fix, i'm on some hard and critical stuff for my
> real work.
> As it's a minor bug concerning one site only, i'm pretty sure everybody can
> wait...
>
> cheers,
>
> Sylvain
>

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 08:45, Sylvain Comte <sylvain.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Mats,
>
> > I'll take a look when i got time to. Despite the icon is not displayed, my
> > version "works" : when putting your cursor at top of the page, it display
> > the feed list. I presume their css is not so common...
> > Tell you later
>
> > Sylvain
>

> > On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 18:25, Gina Trapani <ginatrap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi Mats--
>
> >> Sounds like a script-specific problem. Contact the script author
> >> (either Comte or Parparita, you didn't say which one you're using)
> >> about this. If either issue a fix to the user script, I'll roll it
> >> into the extension.
>
> >> Just a reminder to all: if a specific user script is not working the
> >> way you'd expect, contact the script author via the homepage listed on
> >> Better Gmail 2's Options dialog's Help tab. Thanks!
>
> >> Gina

> >> --

> >> better-gmail-2-firefox...@googlegroups.com<better-gmail-2-firefox-extension%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Sylvain Comte