Last Wednesday "Social" Meeting: 25th June

1 view

Jonathan McDowell

Jun 13, 2008, 3:15:29 PM6/13/08
to belfas...@googlegroups.com
I've talked this over with a few people who seemed to generally be in
favour, so let's see if it flies or not...

I propose a regular "social" BLUG meeting on the last Wednesday of the
month. To kick this off I will be at The Tap House (in Lower Crescent,
just off Botanic Avenue) from about 6pm on Wednesday 25th June until at
least 9pm. Hopefully some of the people who've told me they'll come will
also be there. :)

I will attempt to wear a suitable Debian t-shirt so those that haven't
met me can identify me. Those who /have/ met me will need to look for
less hair than they might expect.

No planned topics, just a chance to meet up and chat and relax.

A meeting reminder will be sent on Monday 23rd.

J.

--
Nine times out of ten the statisticians are wrong.

Ryan Grieve

Jun 13, 2008, 3:42:28 PM6/13/08
to belfas...@googlegroups.com
I can see this fly. It helps that i like the taphouse too.

Ryan.

Niall J Hewitt

Jun 13, 2008, 4:22:00 PM6/13/08
to belfas...@googlegroups.com
Bluggers may also want to check out McHugh's next Friday night, I hear
there's a BarCamp social.

Andrew Wilson

Jun 13, 2008, 4:29:07 PM6/13/08
to belfas...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 08:15:29PM +0100, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> I propose a regular "social" BLUG meeting on the last Wednesday of the
> month. To kick this off I will be at The Tap House (in Lower Crescent,
> just off Botanic Avenue) from about 6pm on Wednesday 25th June until at
> least 9pm. Hopefully some of the people who've told me they'll come will
> also be there. :)

Sounds like a great idea. Wednesdays don't work for me, any chance of
changing the day? Tuesdays or Thurdsays are better.

andrew

Jonathan McDowell

Jun 13, 2008, 5:36:26 PM6/13/08
to belfas...@googlegroups.com

Whatever day is picked someone won't be able to make it (I know for
certain that Tuesdays + Thursdays don't suit someone onlist), so I'm
sticking with last Wednesdays for now. If it actually takes off and we
discover there are a reasonable bunch of people keen on meetings we can
always have other things as well.

J.

--
This isn't an office. It's Hell | .''`. Debian GNU/Linux Developer
with fluorescent lighting. | : :' : Happy to accept PGP signed
| `. `' or encrypted mail - RSA +
| `- DSA keys on the keyservers.

edwardbe...@googlemail.com

Jun 13, 2008, 5:45:30 PM6/13/08
to belfas...@googlegroups.com
I'd be keen on the idea of a regular meet, chance to relax and discuss. Not so keen on drink during the week but nobodys forcing that on anyone :-) I think its wise to keep away from any specific topics for a regular meet. Keep it informal :-) great idea! I'm all for it

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 08:15:29PM +0100, Jonathan McDowell wrote:

> I propose a regular "social" BLUG meeting on the last Wednesday of the
> month. To kick this off I will be at The Tap House (in Lower Crescent,
> just off Botanic Avenue) from about 6pm on Wednesday 25th June until at
> least 9pm. Hopefully some of the people who've told me they'll come will
> also be there. :)
>
> I will attempt to wear a suitable Debian t-shirt so those that haven't
> met me can identify me. Those who /have/ met me will need to look for
> less hair than they might expect.
>
> No planned topics, just a chance to meet up and chat and relax.

As promised, a reminder about the meet this Wednesday. I'll be at the
Tap House at 6; from speaking to people at BarCamp on Saturday and on
IRC in general I get the impression I won't be alone. :)

J.

--
Trust me, you wouldn't like us when we're angry.

Zymurgy

Jun 25, 2008, 9:21:54 AM6/25/08
to Belfast Linux User Group
You won't be alone, I'll be there around 6.30

I've not met any of you before, but i've been a Unix user since the
early 90's with SunOS 4.1.2, through HP-UX, Digital Unix, Solaris and
now Linux.

At work we use RHEL3, at home I use Suse 10.3

Looking forward to meeting a few people.

Cheers,

Paul.