China Nationals 2009年极限飞盘公开赛!!!

apfelmeister

Apr 24, 2009, 3:37:30 AM4/24/09
to Beijing Ultimate
Hey hey hey Beijing people,

It is time for us to show the nation how we play disc, oh yea, and
PARTY! I hope you guys are as excited as I am about this year’s
upcoming Nationals tournament which will be held here, in Beijing, on
May 16th and 17th.

We want to bring as many people as well can out to play, cheer, and
eat our food. So even if you are not going to play come out and join
us for some of the fun. The finals (both the foreign exhibition game
Foreign finals) and Chinese national FINALS) will be in a great little
stadium. Plenty of seating for all. For those that would like to come
out and enjoy our food and beer and watch the great games, a 2 day
pass can be had for 100RMB.

Now, for all of the real men and women of Beijing who will be playing
the break down for the tournament fees are as follows:

Foreigners and working Chinese: 300RMB
Recently graduated Chinese Nationals: 200RMB
Chinese Students: 100RMB

Please register and get the money to your captains. Big brother will
be sending two large, balanced teams so the more the merrier.

What’s that you say? You have some questions? Let me preempt them by
giving you a quick FAQ:

1)The tournament fees (way less than other tournaments around China,
by the way) provide us with what?

I am glad you asked. You get:

Awesome fields -- 2 Days!
Lunch -- twice!
Kick ass dinner/boozey party with some games (and drinking)
Field food (forever)
Beer at fields on Sunday (after noon)
Transportation
Other odds and ends and…
A crap ton of Facebook photos

2)Will everyone (foreigners and Chinese) be able to have competitive
games?

Everyone will have a chance to progress to their respective finals
(separate for Chinese and foreigners). It should be a great weekend of
ultimate.

3)Will I get to see Tao naked?

Well, he has not promised anything but I think that as a community
someone would be able to convince Tao to be naughty.

Hopefully, that answered the most pressing of your questions. If there
are any more questions please contact your captains or myself.

Thanks and see you on the fields!!

Jeff

The D.O.C.

Apr 24, 2009, 4:02:19 AM4/24/09
to apfelmeister, Beijing Ultimate
i believe the most pressing question on everyone's mind is whether we will actually have vegan food at the field this year

2009/4/24 apfelmeister <orcut...@gmail.com>

--
i prefer not to think of all the misery but of all the beauty that still remains.

            -anne frank

Andy Young

Apr 24, 2009, 4:02:48 AM4/24/09
to apfelmeister, Beijing Ultimate
2 questions:
1.  If chinese students want to watch, is it still 100rmb (i know some who are interested in watching but that will be to steep for them)?
2 . Whats the fee to ensure Tao remains clothed and jim doesn't try to make him a porn star with some british lady?

-Andy

2009/4/24 apfelmeister <orcut...@gmail.com>

--
Richard Andrew Young
UNC '08 Alumni

Jeff Orcutt

Apr 24, 2009, 4:10:35 AM4/24/09
to Andy Young, Beijing Ultimate
I still don't understand this vegan thing. Eating frogs would be vegan right?... because they are weird.

Andy, send the students to me and we will work something out (that is not as dirty as it sounds).

And don't try to fight fate, Andy. Just go with the flow on this one....

Kevin

Apr 24, 2009, 4:29:02 AM4/24/09
to Beijing Ultimate
Yeah, Tao gets naked about as often as Doc eats frogs. Tao showers
clothed.

Tao's so prude, he won't even let a cute girl demonstrate the Stripper
of Stripper/Tandem/Fireman on him. There. I said it.

Mike, do you have a video you can post? That might be the most
hilariously awkward thing from the whole weekend.

On Apr 24, 4:10 pm, Jeff Orcutt <orcutt.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still don't understand this vegan thing. Eating frogs would be vegan
> right?... because they are weird.
>
> Andy, send the students to me and we will work something out (that is not as
> dirty as it sounds).
>
> And don't try to fight fate, Andy. Just go with the flow on this one....
>
> 2009/4/24 Andy Young <richard.andrew.yo...@gmail.com>
>

> > 2 questions:
> > 1. If chinese students want to watch, is it still 100rmb (i know some who
> > are interested in watching but that will be to steep for them)?
> > 2 . Whats the fee to ensure Tao remains clothed and jim doesn't try to make
> > him a porn star with some british lady?
>
> > -Andy
>
> > 2009/4/24 apfelmeister <orcutt.j...@gmail.com>
> >> Other odds and ends and...
> >> A crap ton of Facebook photos
>
> >> 2)Will everyone (foreigners and Chinese) be able to have competitive
> >> games?
>
> >> Everyone will have a chance to progress to their respective finals
> >> (separate for Chinese and foreigners). It should be a great weekend of
> >> ultimate.
>
> >> 3)Will I get to see Tao naked?
>
> >> Well, he has not promised anything but I think that as a community
> >> someone would be able to convince Tao to be naughty.
>
> >> Hopefully, that answered the most pressing of your questions. If there
> >> are any more questions please contact your captains or myself.
>
> >> Thanks and see you on the fields!!
>
> >> Jeff

lu shaojun

Apr 24, 2009, 4:33:44 AM4/24/09
to Kevin, Beijing Ultimate
Yes, it is.....

lin

Apr 25, 2009, 10:13:05 PM4/25/09
to Beijing Ultimate
嘿!北京!

到了我们向全中国展示飞盘比赛的时刻啦,还有我们的大Party!希望你们所有的人都和我一样兴奋、期待,今年5月16号、17号在北京举行的中国极限
飞盘锦标赛!

我希望更多的人能参与这次活动----吃喝玩乐,无不欢畅!
即使你们不参加比赛,也希望你们加入我们,和我们一起享受这其中的乐趣!本次的两场决赛(一场激烈的外国强队表演赛,和中国队的冠亚军争夺赛)将在一个
带观众席的小型体育场举行!如果你们仅仅是观战,那你们只需要交100元人民币,就可以畅游场地两天,并可以和我们一起享受场地提供的美食和美酒(还有
看到世界各地的帅哥美女,此话是翻译的人自己加的)!

下面,是给我们这些专业飞盘运动员列出的报名费用表:外国人和已经工作了的中国人要交300元人民币;刚毕业的中国学生交200元人民币;还在上学的同
学们交100元人民币。
请大家赶快到你们的队长那交费报名。此次大哥队将有两个友好的队伍参加,人多热闹!

你们有啥想说的没?有啥疑问没?先看看我事先准备好的常见问题列表:
1)问:此次报名费(好像比在中国举行的其他飞盘锦标赛要便宜很多)都包括什么呢?
答:你问得太好啦。你将享受到:1)2天完美场地的使用权;2)两天的午饭;3)牛叉的晚宴+喝酒大比拼+娱乐游戏;4)星期日下午决赛时提供的
免费啤酒;5)交通费用;6)还有其他许许多多零碎的周到服务;7)和一大堆一大堆的Facebook上的照片!

2)问:是所有的队(包括中国国内的和外国的)都一起激烈角逐吗??
答:每个队都有拼到决赛的机会(两个不同的比赛体制:中国队之间的和外国队之间的)。这将成为一个难忘的极限飞盘公开赛!

3)问:我能看到TAO在赛场上裸奔吗?
答:嗯,关于这个,TAO还没有做出任何承诺,不过队伍中应该会有人时不时地诱导他这么做。

希望,我已经回答了你最关心的问题。当然,如有更多疑问,请联系你的队长或者直接找我。
谢谢支持!咱们赛场上见啦!

Jeff

> Other odds and ends and...

lin

Apr 25, 2009, 10:27:33 PM4/25/09
to Beijing Ultimate
Hi, Jeff

I have a question about the seperate games for Chinese and Foreigners.
Do you mean that 'seperate for Chinese and Foreigners' is as to set
two different win & loss systems for them to reach their finals
respectively without any correlated friendly games inbetween, or you
mean that two systems for two groups but they are still going to have
friendly matches as what we did last year?

Cheers!

Lin

On Apr 24, 3:37 pm, apfelmeister <orcutt.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Other odds and ends and...

Jeff Orcutt

Apr 25, 2009, 10:32:27 PM4/25/09
to lin, Beijing Ultimate
Hi Lin ,

'Chinese' and 'Foreign' teams will play eachother on Saturday. However, once the games really 'count' (i.e. when you lose you no longer can try to play in the finals) Foreigners and Chinese teams would not play each other.

This is the Sunday bracket play.

Did I explain that well?

Jeff

Tao

Apr 26, 2009, 12:36:37 PM4/26/09
to Beijing Ultimate
Okay, how did I miss this discussion thread...

Mike, if you post that video, I will have to retaliate with the
nuclear response. You know what I mean.

And Andy: Jim has already asked me to make a porn video with Char, but
I politely declined on the principle of the thing. I mean, she IS his
girlfriend. But if you would like to see me naked in a porn video,
just go to www.fantasti.cc and search "Hot Asian F***s Andy's Mom For
8 Hours Straight -- HOTT" (not case sensitive). You can also ask your
*friend* about it. Among other things, she says I was the best focus-
group participant she's ever had.

Have a nice day!

lcheung1

Apr 26, 2009, 2:38:55 PM4/26/09
to Beijing Ultimate
im down, throw me on a team
> Other odds and ends and...

James Kirchhoff

Apr 27, 2009, 1:39:20 AM4/27/09
to lcheung1, Beijing Ultimate
Hello Beijing Ultimate!

Following up on Jeff's China Open announcement, let me reiterate how
awesome this tournament is. There will be players from all over China
coming to Beijing to compete for national pride and to have a rare
opportunity for local teams to compete against other cities and
universities.

Everyone should try to make it out and please encourage
friends/family/etc to come watch and cheer on the teams. Last year's
final between Air Kazak and Tianjin Speed was a classic battle that
was decided on the last point! (way more exciting than watching Korea
spank Shanghai in Jeju!) :)

If you plan to and/or are interested in playing with one of the two
Big Brother teams in the foreign division, please contact me via email
this week. We will be sending two balanced teams with an emphasis on
giving everyone a chance to play lots of good ultimate and have a
great time. The fields are gorgeous!!!

If you are playing with a different team, please notify your captain
this week and pay your player fee ASAP. We need to put down deposits
this week for fields, party location, restaurant, etc. so get us some
cash. I'll be collecting for BB (rmb 300 per person).

See you all at pick up tomorrow night!!! (De Sheng Men fields 8pm -
you can pay me there!)

Laters.

Jim