Barbie's Imminent Going-Away Party: The Legacy of Pink, Dec. 12

Lauren Reed

Dec 2, 2009, 12:19:30 PM12/2/09
to Beijing Ultimate
We, the masters of Beijing Ultimate shadow committee, cordially invite you to the momentous and much-awaited going away party for barbie (that would be me) on the evening of December 12 (that would be next saturday).

The party is entitled "The Legacy of Pink", in good ol' fashioned Peking style. We gather to celebrate the legacy of this sometimes fashionable, sometimes gaudy color, and laud its ability to match everything in barbie's wardrobe. Pink deserves more than just being the default color for female babies. It should be the default color for the whole world. Thus, the requirement of the party is that all guests must wear pink--moreover must wear it stylishly and with flair. That's right. We want flair. You can ask Zahlen what he does for all his pink parties if you are still befuddled as to what wearing pink with flair entails.

Here are the details:

7 pm transport by bus from Ginzo parking lot at Dongzhimen to dinner at Xihai
7 30 - 9 30 eat dinner and drink cheap beer (or juice, if you are expecting)
9 30 transport by bus to nanluoguxiang bar
10 - 12 drink discount price shots and more beer and generally carouse the night away
12 - ? continue the party on the dance floor, where jim will teach you how to jerk like you've never jerked before

We are very lucky to have Sandy, her cousin, and her cousin's slew of restaurants and bars to cater to our every need for this night of revelry. But to make things work, we need you to let Sandy and I know if you:

A) will be riding the bus and eating dinner both
B) will be only eating dinner and not riding the bus
C) will be only riding the bus and not eating dinner (if you check this i won't let you do it regardless, i just thought that i should list all the realistic if stupid possibilities)
D) think we should both go bafflegab ourselves.
E) will be going directly to the restaurant on your own but will take the bus to nanluoguxiang

The cost for dinner (incl. beer) and the bus will probably be around 50-70 RMB per person. As the shadow committee we may make the executive decision to subsidize some of the costs, but this is just an estimate to give you a heads up.

Kindly rsvp by Monday so that we can prepare accordingly. I look forward to seeing all your pink and ruddy faces next weekend!

babs

Bonedaddy

Dec 2, 2009, 7:57:49 PM12/2/09
to Beijing Ultimate
Barbie,

Is this one last excuse to pull out the Juicy velor before heading
home?

-Bonedaddy

Zahlen Titcomb

Dec 3, 2009, 12:14:19 PM12/3/09
to Bonedaddy, Beijing Ultimate
One time when I was out of town, Doc broke into my house and stole ALL
my pink clothing.

I returned to Beijing late on a (Pink Shirt) Friday night, and went
from airport to home and direct to the bars. I had acquired a few new
PSF shirts while in the states, so I didn't miss a beat. Doc was
flabberghasted when he saw me show up in a pink shirt. I was doubly
flabberghasted when I went to grab another pink shirt the next
PSFriday and found that my wardrobe had shrunk considerably.

True story, real people.

> --

____________________
Zahlen W. B. Titcomb
Beijing cell: (+86) 135 2199 5484
USA cell: (+001) 425 256 1217
www.FiveUltimate.com

The D.O.C.

Dec 3, 2009, 9:01:34 PM12/3/09
to Zahlen Titcomb, Beijing Ultimate
and another time, i told everyone it was zahlen's birthday coming up, and we had a surprise birthday for him.  of course, i had no idea when zahlen's birthday actually was.  surprise.

good times.

i think donald and helen still have the majority of pink booty we stole from zahlen's closet.
i prefer not to think of all the misery but of all the beauty that still remains.

            -anne frank

Tracie Carlsund

Dec 4, 2009, 2:51:25 AM12/4/09
to Bonedaddy, Beijing Ultimate
I second the Juicy Velour!! Babs you have to wear it out there... feather boa is also a requirement!.. then again.. I remember pink wigs, pink glasses... have fun painting the Jing Pink!.. its been too long...

2009/12/2 Bonedaddy <chrisb...@mac.com>

Tracie Carlsund

Vancouver CANADA
m: +1 778 968 1058
Sydney AUSTRALIA
m: +61 412 411 007
Beijing CHINA
m: +86 150 109 44 197

Lauren Reed

Dec 11, 2009, 11:23:09 AM12/11/09
to Beijing Ultimate
Hi everyone!

Here are the finalized details for which you have all been waiting!

7 pm - Meet at Raj Indian Restaurant (拉兹印度餐厅), eat all-you-can-eat buffet and all-you-can-drink Yanjing draft for 80 RMB

Address: 31 Gulou Xi Dajie (鼓楼西大街31号)
Tel: 6401 1675, 8403 5920
, or call barbie 135-2058-2509

9 pm - Walk to Sandy's cousin's bar at Nanluoguxiang that has great drink specials
11 pm - Go to Luga's "Ladies Drink Free" night
after party - Chocolate

Due to lack of enough interest in a dongzhimen departure, and the close proximity of our first two locations, the party bus has become obsolete. Since there is no party bus, please find your way to Raj at 7 pm on your own.

We have 45 guests representing Air Kazak, Bang, Hang Time, and Big Brother. Let's use this opportunity to mix a little bit and get to know the members of other teams! Can't wait to see you all.

barbie