Re: The Weekly Email By Betsy 10-10-07

betsy beijing

Oct 9, 2007, 11:25:36 PM10/9/07
to beijing-...@googlegroups.com

Hey fanatics of the flattened persuasion,

After having so much fun on vaca during the golden week, it is only natural for the putrid gray 4 mao fake platinum week to bray its dark head in search of poor weak souls on which to feed.

hopefully ultimate Frisbee this week will once again provide the tried and true beacon out of the gray polluted matter that envelops us all. Actually, that's a lie. We all know that Jason is the only one who is powerful yet humble enough to save us all, and his disappearance is our downfall. Let us pray for his eminent return.

WEEKLY ITEM #1: The Weekly Schedule

Wednesday October 10  Pick-up 7:00-9:30 @ BCIS
yes it is really happening. indoor play, bring sneaks.

Saturday October 13   Practice 10:45-1 for Hong Kong

Required for players going to HK. If you cannot make it call Candice with a damn good excuse and your best puppy dogs eyes. Meet 10 at DZM.

Sunday October 6th   Pick-up 3-5 @ Happy Valley

Enjoy the gusty fall weather while you still can. Anyone who went last week will tell you that it was gorgeous and the free beers and wings catered by the new hooters were delicious as well. too bad klaas is leaving on Saturday and won't be able to set us up with that sweet deal again.

WEEKLY ITEM #2: SOCIAL CALENDAR

Speaking of klaas leaving, we are going to be throwing a big goodbye bash for him and mark, who have decided to move to mt. kanchenjunga to become the first dutch-american duo sherpa team—mark will deal with all the climbing issues and klaas will give kids free rides to the top on his shoulders. Check back later for more updates.

WEEKLY QUIZ:  for you newbies, the weekly quiz is a game where betsy provides a lyric, and it's your job to provide the song name and artist.  as always, googling is prohibited.

No one got last weeks quiz. no one even attempted.  betsy guesses chip paid everyone off.
fyi it was the mexican by babe ruth. betsy is going on quiz strike until she knows for sure that people truly appreciate all her hard work.

catch you on the field,
betsy
xxxooo

betsy beijing

Oct 9, 2007, 11:29:37 PM10/9/07
to beijing-...@googlegroups.com
correction: should read sunday oct 14 pickup for all you time travelers

Candice Lee

Oct 10, 2007, 1:16:30 AM10/10/07
to beijing-...@googlegroups.com
For those of you going to the Hong Kong tournament, I just want to stress that THE BUS FROM DONGZHIMEN FOR PRACTICE SATURDAY IS LEAVING AT 10:15.  AN EARLIER TIME THAN USUAL!!  AIM TO BE AT DONGZHIMEN at 9:45 .  If your later than 10:15, you're going to have to find your own way to the fields...and then run a gauntlet at practice.  If you don't know what that is, you don't want to find out.  This practice is very very very important for those of you going to the HK tournament.

lovelove,
cdice

betsy beijing

Oct 16, 2007, 2:56:26 AM10/16/07
to beijing-...@googlegroups.com
Hey there all you rotund river dance revelers,
The past few weeks have proved that Beijing Ultimate still carries the record of pulling off tournament preparation at the last minute. This year may be a personal record, however. If you are in any way involved in these affairs, Betsy sympathizes with you. And while theres so much juicy gossip going around this week, I'm guessing no one wants to read any lengthy babbling at this point. So here's the DL:

WEEKLY ITEM #1: The Weekly Schedule

Wednesday October 17 Pick-up 7:00-9:30 @ BCIS

yes it is really happening. indoor play, bring sneaks.

Saturday October 20   Practice 10:45-1 for Hong Kong @ Happy Valley

Required for players going to HK. If you cannot make it call Candice with a damn good excuse and a really really good looking phone for bribery purposes (Betsy knows she already had a new one, but she'll need a back up if past has anything to say). Meet 10 at DZM. If everyone so chooses and our gracious host allows, our time may be extended an hour or so.

Sunday October 21   Pick-up 3-5 @ Happy Valley

Remember last Sunday and how cheap it was cause so many people showed up? if that's not reason enough, the ultimate was not bad either.

SOCIAL CALENDAR

no social events leading up to hong kong to encourage more training. contact candice for details. email complaints to matt flynn at imaf...@gmail.com.

Matthew Brady Meisenhelder

Oct 17, 2007, 1:17:13 AM10/17/07
to beijing-...@googlegroups.com

Actually….fuck training.

There will be the social to end all socials this Friday or Saturday night.  Next week I leave for Chicago on Thursday and Zahlen leaves on Tuesday (?)…plus I guess its Nester’s b-day and so there will be some kind of triumvirate event, possibly involving a bus and booze.

Keep your schedules free….i’d love to see y’all one last time.

Details soon

brady