Beijing Ultimate Weekly Newsletter: Week of Feb 21 / 北京飞盘每周新闻

Alicia Lui

Feb 21, 2011, 8:39:56 AM2/21/11
to Beijing Big Brother, Beijing Ultimate

**Pick-Up**

There is pick-up on Wednesday Feb 23 at BCIS, 7-9pm and on Saturday Feb 26 at BCIS, 2-4pm.
2月23日7-9点和26日2-4点在乐城国际学校有飞盘.

For details, visit www.beijingultimate.com.

**Events and Happenings**

This week:

- Jim and Tao's Thursday trivia night is on!  8pm onwards at Kro's Nest on 35 Xiao Yun Lu (near San Yuan Qiao).  Special drink deal: five bottles of imports for 100 kuai! Teams of up to six, free to play, prizes every round.

- If you missed the Beijing Ultimate 2010 Year-in-Review Slideshow this past Saturday (thanks Tao!), it'll be posted on various online sites this week. Stay tuned for more info.

Next week:

- Big Brother will be kicking off practice the first week of March!  If you are interested to learn more about Beijing's International club team, contact Jim at jameski...@gmail.com or Gareth at gmarsh...@gmail.com or Mike Shyu at michae...@gmail.com

**Farewell and Welcome**

Welcome to Sam Dreiman and Ernest French!

**Tournaments**

In China:

1) Shenzhen: March 19 - 20.  For more details on how to register, check out www.szultimate.com

2) Ningbo Hat: April 9 - 10

3) Tianjin Open: April 16 - 17

3) Nanjing Open: April 23 - 24

4) China Nationals 2011: likely sometime in May

5) Shanghai Open: June 11 - 12

International:

1) Phnom Penh: March 5 - 6

2)  The Boracay Open is set for this April 1st to April 3rd!  There will be an Open tourney on the 1st, and a Mixed tournament the 2nd and 3rd.  More details to follow; for now just save the date!

3)  12th Annual Bali Nusantara Cup is planned for next April 22/23, 2011.  They say they have sweet grass fields and you know the beaches are awesome…  Check the website (www.ultimateindonesia.com) for details and email elodie...@hotmail.com with any comments or requests.

4) Jeju Dirty Dozens 2011 will be held on the island April 23/24.

5) Malaysia Open 2011 will be held on May 21, 22 in Kuala Lumpur.

**For more about happenings around China, check http://chinaultimate.wordpress.com.**

Stuart Ralston

Feb 22, 2011, 11:00:00 PM2/22/11
to alicia...@gmail.com, Beijing Big Brother, Beijing Ultimate
Hey All,

What a good time last Saturday.  It was great to get to meet so many of you!  Thanks for bringing the laughs, frivolity and fun that I always hope for in an Ultimate team - although, who ever brought that bottle of Red Square Johnny Worker should probably be punched.  I'm looking forward to an awesome season.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to come to pick up tonight due to this http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-02-beijing-air-pollution.html, which is pretty close to a man-made disaster.  I hope it clears by Sat.

Happy Liver - Sad Lungs,
Stu