(non-frisbee) calling on all white people...

1 view

Yin Kong

Apr 19, 2010, 5:02:32 AM4/19/10
to Beijing Ultimate, roe...@mmw-china.com
hi guys,
a friend of mine is running an event where they need some white people to attend. its 800rmb/day so if you need a little extra cash, and youre not ugly, please respond to roe...@mmw-china.com
heres some further info:

Hi Yin,

 Here is who we are looking for:

-          Activity: Opening of a Shopping Mall in Chaoyang Disctrict

-          Foreigners (European / American type)

-          3 days work (6 to 8h per day)

-          Dates: may 1st to 3th starting around 10am

-          Should be able to speak a little Chinese

-          Salary: 800 Yuan a day

Thanks again for you help,

Roeland

mmw1211b

A10 Hengchuan Apartments, Xibahe No168,

Chaoyang District, Beijing 100028

Tel: 0086-10-52032597 ext. 8005

Fax: 0086-10-52032756

www.mmw-china.com

image001.jpg

Pnut

Apr 19, 2010, 4:20:59 PM4/19/10
to Beijing Ultimate
that's disgusting.

On Apr 19, 5:02 am, Yin Kong <haiyin.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi guys,
> a friend of mine is running an event where they need some white people to
> attend. its 800rmb/day so if you need a little extra cash, and youre not
> ugly, please respond to roel...@mmw-china.com
> heres some further info:
>
> Hi Yin,
>
>  Here is who we are looking for:
>
> -          Activity: Opening of a Shopping Mall in Chaoyang Disctrict
>
> -          Foreigners (European / American type)
>
> -          3 days work (6 to 8h per day)
>
> -          Dates: may 1st to 3th starting around 10am
>
> -          Should be able to speak a little Chinese
>
> -          Salary: 800 Yuan a day
>
> Thanks again for you help,
>
> Roeland
>
> [image: mmw1211b]
>
> A10 Hengchuan Apartments, Xibahe No168,
>
> Chaoyang District, Beijing 100028
>
> Tel: 0086-10-52032597 ext. 8005
>
> Fax: 0086-10-52032756
>
> www.mmw-china.com
>
> --
>
>  image001.jpg
> 3KViewDownload

Yin Kong

Apr 19, 2010, 10:24:06 PM4/19/10
to Pnut, Beijing Ultimate
chill tina,
just because you're back in new york and get to be the exotic hot asian girl again, doesn't mean we should take away our whitie friends brief moments of exoticism before they have to return back home and be plain white again.

anyhow, more money = more frisbee, so don't pretend the world isn't what it is.

Wenlong 'Tony' Tian

Apr 19, 2010, 11:26:13 PM4/19/10
to Beijing Ultimate
Hi everyone,

I am a new comer in this group. I've played once with some of you in BCIS, and it was dope. Look forward to playing with you again soon!

Here is an article for the love of this game, no offense whatsoever..

Tony

Pnut

Apr 20, 2010, 12:11:58 AM4/20/10
to Beijing Ultimate
Dear Yin,

Perhaps you relish in the glory of being exoticized. Oh yes, being
the hot Canadian Asian girl that you are, I'm sure you are aware what
a true rarity you must be among New Yorkers. ( And as I recall, you
do like to go for a spin around the pole at Chocolate. :P) As for me,
however, I would rather gauge out my eyes than to ever be viewed as
"exotic." I just simply find the idea of being "exotic" to be quite
distasteful.

What I find even more distasteful, disgusting in fact, are the social
and economic implications of the privilege that is continually
bestowed on our white friends. It offends me that, for merely being
white, a person can get paid more in three days than the average
monthly salary of an engineer in China. It disgusts me, that the
privileged continue to be advantaged in China, while the man peddling
his wares for 1 or 2 kuai on the street corner, much less the farmer
in rural China could only dream of such an opportunity - but
unfortunately, they were not born white. It disgusts me more that to
be modern in China, to seek upward mobility and advancement in China,
requires some sort of imitation of "whiteness" or of the "West" or
that being "white" is so unquestionably associated with the positives
of being "foreign" and "developed" - God forbid a black man show
up.

I totally agree, the world is what it is. But that's no excuse for
ignorance. So yeah, if you are a good-looking, cash strapped, white
person, by all means, go for it. You gotta do what you gotta right?
It's just too bad, I won't ever get paid for standing around and being
Asian. To each their own. As for me, I merely think that it is a
shame that some things in this world are so outrageously ridiculous
and that things like a person's being white can be made into a
commodity and attraction.

And as for something being totally irrelevant except for the fact that
it is an example of something totally absurd:
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view.bg?articleid=1247840&srvc=home&position=emailed
> > .
> > groups.google.com/group/beijing-ultimate?hl=en.
>
> > >  image001.jpg
> > > 3KViewDownload
>
> > --

The D.O.C.

Apr 20, 2010, 12:21:13 AM4/20/10
to Pnut, Beijing Ultimate
don't hate on white people just because we were smart enough to be born into a place of prestige.  we aren't going to have the advantage for much longer, so let us enjoy our dwindling position of domination while we can.
--
i prefer not to think of all the misery but of all the beauty that still remains.

            -anne frank

Tao

Apr 20, 2010, 5:07:06 AM4/20/10
to Beijing Ultimate
If Joe hadn't so thoroughly scolded me for past antics on this board
I'd comment on this thread. Alas.
> >http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view.bg?articleid...
> > e...@googlegroups.com>

> > e...@googlegroups.com>
>
> > > --
> > groups.google.com/group/beijing-ultimate?hl=en.
>
> > --
>
> --
> i prefer not to think of all the misery but of all the beauty that still
> remains.
>
> -anne frank

Kevin Reitz

Apr 20, 2010, 5:40:25 AM4/20/10
to Beijing Ultimate
Sorry tao- there's already one Tony on this thread, and he beat you to
it.
> > > e...@googlegroups.com>

> > > e...@googlegroups.com>

> > > groups.google.com/group/beijing-ultimate?hl=en.
>
> > > --

The D.O.C.

Apr 20, 2010, 5:41:42 AM4/20/10
to Kevin Reitz, Beijing Ultimate
ha ha toni!  score another one for the white man!

Yin Kong

Apr 20, 2010, 10:31:46 AM4/20/10
to The D.O.C., Kevin Reitz, Beijing Ultimate
tao, just don't say anything about tina's bunny.