The Weekly Email By Betsy 3-18-08

1 view

betsy beijing

Mar 18, 2008, 1:38:21 PM3/18/08
to beijing-...@googlegroups.com
Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat,

The luck of the Irish to you.  Betsy may not be Irish herself, but her adopted parents are.  So if I don't make it out to any frisbee events this week, you'll know that it's because I'm passed out in one Beijing's Irish pubs.

WEEKLY ITEM #1:  The Weekly Schedule

Wednesday Mar 19, Pick Up, 7-9.30, BCIS
With all these dust storms, you'll be happy to be playing frisbee inside for a couple hours.

Saturday Mar 8, Practice, TBD.
This past saturday's practice was cancelled because of badminton.  Betsy urges everyone of you to punch the next badminton player you see.  If we all pitch in, we will hopefully eliminate this pansy of a sport so that we never get preempted by it again.

Sunday Mar 9, Pick Up, 2.30-5.00
Zahlen has agreed to give free five ultimate gear to anyone who comes to all three frisbee sessions this week.  are you up to the challenge?
______________

lunch time poll:

which personal drama from beijing ultimate would make the best story line on days of our lives:

a) ryan and doc finally have tear jerking wedding, but get in a fight that same night when jamie announces his return to beijing. doc goes on the honeymoon to boracay by himself.

b) tracie is in love with jim, but jim is in love with kelly, while kelly is in love with shen, but also hates shen because he is cheating on his girlfriend with tina, which really makes jason angry, because he and tina have an agreement that they will try to blackmail patrick li when tina gives birth to patrick's illegitimate love child.

c) candice is possessed by the devil, and joe devino plans to perform exorcist on her.

d) robogabe has life long vendetta against reid, and will do everything in his power to sabotage reid's life, even if it means sleeping with every women reid has ever slept with, including gabe's own mother.

WEEKLY ITEM #2: Upcoming Events

What: The Rat Pack

It's that time of year again!  This years frisbee awards ceremony has been dubbed The Rat Pack.  After last year's Pink Party, held at Jenn Brown's, may she rest in peace, Greg and Zoe and Mae have graciously offered their house to be subject to the mayhem of Frisbee awards.  It's All about class, cocktails, and frisbee.

Theme:  Dress in some swanky clothes from the rat pack era, 1950s and 60s.  Get your boas, cocktail dresses, tuxedos, swing clothes, ball gowns, gangster suits, etc.

When: March 29!!! Keep that date open.  The party starts at 8 pm, so according to frisbee time, plan to be there at about 6pm so we can get together on time.

Where:  Greg, Zoe, and Mae's House. 22 Dongzhongjie, apartment 210.

Who: EVERYONE FRISBEE.  and i suppose you can bring dates.

How: just get there.

Everyone try to bring a bottle of booze.  I'll also try to get KEGS.

The 2nd Annual China Nationals Tournament

This year's natties are going to be held in the capital.  It is going to be Beijing's first time ever to host a tournament.  If you are interested in helping organize this year's tournament, please contact Kelly at kndu218 at hotmail dot com.  Kelly and Jason just laid down a deposit for fields.  That means there is no backing out now.

Jeju

Jeju is the last weekend in April, the 26th and 27th.  To get an idea of what it was like last year, check out this clip:

Thanks to Jim, we all have a cheaper group fare that includes everyone.  confirmation should come in wed morning. if you are still interested in going, contact doc 1346 672 6334 for details.

_________

now is the time in the weekly email when betsy gives her weekly shout outs, and call outs.  remember, you want to get shouted out, but you don't want to get called out.

a shout out the new beijing ultimate committee:  betsy, char, jason, shen, joe p, and candice.  congratulations. you are the new face of ultimate in the capital.  don't screw up!

a call out the new beijing ultimate committee.  really, it was only a matter of time before they ruined everything, so we might as well get it out of the way now.  what a train wreck this is going to be.

a shout out to the newly formed shadow committee.  much like the legion of doom, this group of power hungry trouble makers are secretly working behind the scenes to thwart every initiative planned by the beijing ultimate committee.  they are: betsy, zahlen, clark, doc, sandy, and qi.  everyone bow down before your shadowy puppet overlords!

a call out to jamie potter, who didn't even have the decency to stay away an entire season before returning to beijing. people paid a lot of good money for those gifts.  so betsy has no choice but to institute a new rule.  you have to be gone from beijing for at least six months after any going away party is thrown in your honor.

a shout out to barbie, jim, and shen for helping to organize everyone's jeju travel.

a call out to everyone who failed to send in your nominations for this year's awards.  because of a lack of participation, we've had to abridge the voting process.  every positive cutesy award will have two choices: nick and char.  every negative, you'll never live this down as long as you live, award will also have two choices: reid and sandy.  get your votes in to betsy before next weekend.

WEEKLY ITEM #3:  MAILBAG

every week, betsy gets a lot of emails inviting her out on dates, complementing her on her leadership skills, asking her ultimate related questions, and wanting to know who she is.  the mailbag is where she answers these questions.  as always, these are real letters from real readers.

Letter #1:

dear betsy,

i am looking for a date to this year's rat pack awards.  would you go with me? i promise to make it worth your while.

eager to please,
jeff

dear jeff,

betsy is flattered by your invitation, but she already has a date to the awards.  however, betsy knows that char also needs a date to the awards, so she has gone ahead and put you guys together.  make sure to pick up char promptly at 7.30 outside her apartment across from blue castle.  bring a corsage.  betsy expects to be the god mother of your first born child.

betsy
xxxooo

Letter #2:

dear betsy,

i am very angry that you would publicly disavow your heritage?  and after your father and i have slaved away to put you through school and support you even though you continue to fritter away your life without a job and refuse to settle down with any of the rich and handsome abc's we continue to set you up with.  you should be ashamed!

wondering why we stopped at one,
your mother

dear mom,

when i mentioned my "adopted parents" i meant that I adopted THEM.  see, i've been trying to get citizenship in the EU.  it has to do with tax implications and all that.  dad will explain it to you.

by the way, i won't be able to make it to the brunch this weekend.  apologize to dennis and norbert for me.  i'll meet them next time i'm home.

betsy
xxxooo

_________

WEEKLY RUMOR THAT MUST BE TRUE:  betsy has decided that joe is a member of the mob.  think about it.  his last name is pellicano.  he comes from new jersey.  his father runs a trucking and vending machine company.  his mother wears leopard print pants.  he says things like "fuggedaboutit."  the last person he got pissed off at was mark scott, and no one has seen him for months.  you can choose not to believe me if you want, but when you wake up with a horse's head next to you, don't come crying to betsy.

WEEKLY ITEM #4:  Social Calender

saturday mar 22, barbie's going away party, ryan's house in da xi yang
in honor of barbie's leaving, ryan is holding a going away bbq at his house.  everyone is invited.  please bring food, alcohol, utensils, and something to cook with.  time is flexible, but if you want to hang out with the kindergartners, you'll want to get there early.

as a reminder to barbie, once we've had this going away party for you, you will be banned from all things beijing for the next six months.  no exceptions.

-----------------

WEEKLY QUIZ:  for you newbies, the weekly quiz is a game where betsy asks a few simple questions, and it's your job to provide the correct answers.  as always, googling is prohibited.  this week's winner will receive the last remaining bottle of award winning czech mineral water sitting in zahlen's fridge.

this week's category: celebrity jeopardy.  remember you have to answer in the form of a question:

a) this color rhymes with urple.

b) this is the only month that begins with feb.

c) the beatles white album is this color.

as for last week's question,

barbie's lame response that this is 2008 and the oscars are for 2007 doesn't really constitute an answer, nor is it correct.  but no one else was able to come up with the correct answer, so i am going to arbitrarily award this week's prize to ken su.  congratulations! you've won a movie night courtesy of reid and julia.

________

which brings us finally to your moment of zen:

catch you on the field,
betsy
xxxooo

Jason Cox

Mar 18, 2008, 9:12:05 PM3/18/08
to Beijing Ultimate
Betsy;

Thanks for the shout out to the Beijing Ultimate Committee. We are
determined to make sure that this is the last time that we are called
out and that the shadow regime will only become less and less
effective.....but you have to watch out with a mastermind like Qi.

The quiz...

What is Purple?
What is February?
What is White?

Am I too dumb to realize that there was something more to this.....or
should I start to make my way over to Z's house to pickup my lifetime
supply of Czech mineral water?
> http://thetravisty.com/Celebrity_Jeopardy/WMV/Donahue,_Reynolds,_Bran...

Ken Su

Mar 18, 2008, 11:13:09 PM3/18/08
to Jason Cox, Beijing Ultimate
Betsy,

Thank you for awarding me the prize.  I ws hoping to repay you by treating you out to a night at the movies (I was thinking maybe after pick-up tonight so if you are interested, let's meet by the climbing wall behind the tarp ...).