China Nationals: Big Brother split-squads and other news

Tao

May 8, 2009, 5:58:15 AM5/8/09
to Beijing Ultimate
After some or a lot of deliberation and much mocking of Tao's idea to
draft teams for China Nationals, Jim, Doc, Joe and Tao drafted teams
for China Natties on Thursday night at Side Saddle in Sanlitun. If
your name is on the following list you will be representing Big
Brother next weekend as Beijing hosts the third annual China
Nationals.

Some people on this list have not CONFIRMED they are playing -- i.e.
emailed Jim (jameski...@yahoo.com), paid 300 RMB -- but rumors of
their interest landed them here. If this describes you, please email
one of us asap. If you aren't listed but would like to play, TELL US
NOW!!! or soon.

**Team Sexy Beautiful, captained by Doc and Jim:

Barbie
Brian Marterererererer
Char
Donald De Bona
Jehan
Joel
Kat V
Kevin Diamond-Cutter Reitz
Laurene
Lincoln
Patrick Li
Tina Xuexue

**Team Ugly Trolls, captained by Joe and Tao:

Aaron
Alicia
Andy Young
Boehner
Charlotte
Candice
Dan
Gabe
Jeff Orcutt
Larke like the bird
Missy
Zahlen

Please pay Jim as soon as you can. To review: 300 RMB gets you lunch
on both days, a very boozy big dinner Saturday, all-you-can-drink beer
Sunday, very fun Ultimate and probably a disc, and it's for a great
cause. TD Jeff Orcutt et al. have been working very hard to make this
happen and as a community we should do all we can to ensure an
unforgettable weekend for ourselves and Ultimate Frisbee players from
across the country. You realize Wuhan's sending a team? Crazy. Here's
Jeff's original message: http://beijingultimate.blogspot.com/2009/04/important-china-nationals-deadline.html

In other news, Big Brother will practice Sunday after spring league
finals. We will be working on end zone situations, set plays and
hucking (offense, defense and everything in between), followed by a
nice, relaxing, death-to-your-mother-if-you-lose scrimmage. If you've
ever wanted to take advantage of Doc in the sexual sense, this Sunday
will provide your best opportunity as he'll be an emotional wreck
after his all-star team loses to Team All That Is Good in the World.
Remember, he doesn't drink.

See you this weekend, unless you're not in the country (yet)... you
know who you are.

Tao

POSTSCRIPT: Those who'd like to defect to Team Sexy from Ugly must
become beautiful, which we all know is most easily accomplished by
drinking, smoking, using lots of drugs and/or (moreso "and") sleeping
around. Those who want to move from Sexy to Ugly must answer this
riddle: http://bohrgroup.com/prisoners-switch.puzzle.html

Tao

May 8, 2009, 11:29:58 AM5/8/09
to Beijing Ultimate
Looking over the rosters, it's occurred to me Team Ugly would win any
drinking game so easily that it's almost not fair.

On May 8, 5:58 pm, Tao <anthonyta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After some or a lot of deliberation and much mocking of Tao's idea to
> draft teams for China Nationals, Jim, Doc, Joe and Tao drafted teams
> for China Natties on Thursday night at Side Saddle in Sanlitun. If
> your name is on the following list you will be representing Big
> Brother next weekend as Beijing hosts the third annual China
> Nationals.
>
> Some people on this list have not CONFIRMED they are playing -- i.e.
> emailed Jim (jameskirchh...@yahoo.com), paid 300 RMB -- but rumors of
> Jeff's original message:http://beijingultimate.blogspot.com/2009/04/important-china-nationals...

Duff

May 8, 2009, 7:15:18 PM5/8/09
to Beijing Ultimate
Bah. You haven't seen my Middle School team roster. They can double
fist Kool Aid like it's water... water... if memories serve me correct
it is (with food coloring, red preferably).