Story about the Ohev Yisroel

Tal Moshe Zwecker

Mar 30, 2009, 2:57:21 PM3/30/09
to beermay...@googlegroups.com
Today is 5 Nissan Yorzeit of the Holy Rav of Apt Mezbiz the Rav Avraham
Yehoshua Heschel - the author of Ohev Yisroel

My Rebbe once told me that the Apta Rav would sign his letters Ohev Yisroel,
once while he wrote this signature the quill bled and the ink blotted out
this appellation. Once again, he rewrote and signed and again the quill
split and the ink bled and blotched the words lover of israel! After this
occured a third time, the Apta Rav said that this must not be a coincidence.
Perhaps my Ahavas Yisroel and love of other Jews is lacking in some way!
Using his faculty of ruach hakodesh he discovered that he did indeed bear
some small feeling against a certain Jew and went immediately to him to make
amends and beg his indulgence and forgiveness. After having done this he sat
back down to sign the letter. This time he succeeded in signing Ohev Yisroel
because now it was the truth! May his holy merit shield us!

Kol Tuv,
R' Tal Moshe Zwecker
Director Machon Be'er Mayim Chaim
www.chassidusonline.com
in...@chassidusonline.com
Phone: 972-2-992-1218 / Cell: 972-54-842-4725
VoIP: 516-320-6022 / 212-461-0035
join the mailing list to keep updated about new projects here:
http://groups.google.com/group/beermayimchaim