Max OS X build issues

tobyhede

Jan 8, 2008, 10:12:33 PM1/8/08
to beanstalk-talk
Hi,

I got the new 0.6 release but when I try and make on the Max (10.4.11)
I receive the following error:

Makefile:9: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Toby

Dustin

Jan 8, 2008, 10:53:32 PM1/8/08
to beanstalk-talk

Do you have gnu make?

tobyhede

Jan 9, 2008, 4:03:02 AM1/9/08
to beanstalk-talk
yep

GNU Make 3.80

Luke Redpath

Jan 9, 2008, 9:21:30 AM1/9/08
to beanstalk-talk
Hello Toby.

I also encountered this problem on OSX - for some reason Beanstalkd
will not build without the latest version of Make (3.81).

You can download the latest version and configure it with --path-
prefix=/usr/local prior to compiling so that it doesn't overwrite your
existing version of make.

Alternatively, you can try install gmake using Darwin Ports which
should be the correct version.

Also remember, if you have libevent installed via Darwin Ports, you
need to tell make where to find it:

export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/opt/local/include
export LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib

HTH

Luke

tobyhede

Jan 9, 2008, 6:31:43 PM1/9/08
to beanstalk-talk
Thanks Luke,

Using gmake fixed the issue for me.

Ikai Lan

Jan 10, 2008, 1:37:50 PM1/10/08
to beanstalk-talk
I need to set:

export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/opt/local/include
export LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib

And update gmake for this to work. This needs to be indexed in Google!

Ikai