Beagleboard-xM not booting

Radhika

May 27, 2011, 10:56:01 AM5/27/11
to Beagle Board
Hi,
I am having Beagleboard-xM revB. It is not booting since this
afternoon. Earlier I was able to boot linux.
I checked the test point voltages given on Page 148 of Beagle_SRM_A3
manual. All the voltages are fine but VDD_MMC1 . It shows 0V.
I don't see any messages on Serial Port. It is completely blank.
Also I was working with CCS4 and was debugging simple ARM application
yesterday. Today I am not able to connect to the ARM using XDS100v2.
The VDD1 and VDD2 voltages are fine.
Any idea what could have happened ?

Regards
Radhika

Gerald Coley

May 27, 2011, 11:11:00 AM5/27/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
What happens if you use the original SD card that shipped with the board?

Gerald

Radhika

May 27, 2011, 11:35:57 AM5/27/11
to Beagle Board
Hi Gerald,
I tried the images that were shipped with it the SD
card. No luck.
radhika

On May 27, 8:11 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> What happens if you use the original SD card that shipped with the board?
>
> Gerald

Gerald Coley

May 27, 2011, 11:42:59 AM5/27/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
There is a chance that you have damaged the SD connector and most likely bent a pin. You probably need to request an RMA.

Gerald

Radhika

May 27, 2011, 12:00:49 PM5/27/11
to Beagle Board
Hi Gerald,
Is there anything we need to do RMA ? Or just ship the
Board and they will repair it ...
Regards
Radhika

On May 27, 8:42 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> There is a chance that you have damaged the SD connector and most likely
> bent a pin. You probably need to request an RMA.
>
> Gerald

Gerald Coley

May 27, 2011, 12:27:46 PM5/27/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
You need to request an RMA. Follow the procedures here:

DO NOT jsut ship it back. It will never arrive.

Gerald

Radhika

May 27, 2011, 9:42:42 PM5/27/11
to Beagle Board
ok.. thanks !
radhika

On May 27, 9:27 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> You need to request an RMA. Follow the procedures here:
>
> http://beagleboard.org/support/rma
>
> DO NOT jsut ship it back. It will never arrive.
>
> Gerald

yadwinder singh brar

Jun 1, 2011, 10:19:39 AM6/1/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, radhika...@gmail.com, ger...@beagleboard.org
Hi,
   I have experienced  that in some cases formating card with a different geometry makes it work, i.e. reducing the value of Heads and Sectors eg. with Heads=128 ,Sectors=32 (yes you read it right) and Cylinders according to capacity of card.

Please let me know if it works in your case.

Cheers,
Yadi

Yadi Brar

Jun 1, 2011, 10:23:37 AM6/1/11
to Beagle Board, radhika...@gmail.com, ger...@beagleboard.org

On May 28, 6:42 am, Radhika <radhika.gand...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You need to request an RMA. Follow the procedures here:
>
> >http://beagleboard.org/support/rma
>
> > DO NOT jsut ship it back. It will never arrive.

Radhika

Jun 1, 2011, 11:53:16 AM6/1/11
to Beagle Board
Hi,
I have a hardware problem on the board. The power to the MMC card
itself is OFF. It shows 0V. I have a working Beagleboard-xM and I
verified few voltages. Looks like the TPS65950 has gone bad as D12 LED
which is PMU_STAT is not glowing. So I dont think formatting the SD
card differently will help.
Thanks anyways.
Regards
Radhika

linux...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2013, 2:58:25 PM8/2/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, radhika...@gmail.com, tanzeel...@gmail.com

On Saturday, May 25, 2013 3:06:13 PM UTC+5:30, tanzeel...@gmail.com wrote:

I also have a problem ....
my Beagleboard-xM is taking too long to boot ....
some time it takes half an hour...and sometimes it takes upto two hours to boot ...but whan it botts it works fine ...
i dont know what is the exact problem ...
anyone can help me in this regard .. ???

Hai Tanzeel....

Did you compile your own Uimage for linux?????