Re: Qt embedded integration with OpenGL ES problem Options

Favor Tang

Aug 5, 2009, 11:48:06 AM8/5/09
to Jie Hao, beagl...@googlegroups.com

we did let OpenGL ES work on beagleboard, but still with some
problem needed to be fixed. we modified hellogl_es example code. we
note that: with full screen, the example can work, but with a window (
not fullscreen), it twinkled , rendered some color bars on to screen.

for more detail, please refer to:
http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/06354a2c618365d6

I found that, there is a openembedded recipes under development
related with opengles/qte. I don't tried that, maybe it's still on
development.

if you compiled you hellogl_es demo, but not work properly, you
should debug it with you own qte opengl es code, such as how to render
a simple triangle on screen to see if it can be draw on screen. after
that, you should let you triangle rotate to see if it work as you
expected.

we debug step by step like that, and finally found something. the
Qte opengl es demo can be modified work on fullscreen. we don't know
what to be fixed, maybe some one can point out this.

I hope this helps. if you find more info about QTE/OPENGL ES, please
update this thread to share with more people.

thanks

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Jie Hao<michae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you have any luck to make the openGL run with Qt Embedded. I ran into
> some same problems as you did. Now I can run the demo from the SGX sdk, and
> compile Qte with openGL ES 1.x enabled, but the hellogl_es can't initialize
> the opengl widget ( the normal Qt widget runs perfect) , and gives these
> messages:
>
> Could not create the temporary EGL surface
> QEglContext::createSurface(): Unable to create EGL surface, error = 0x3001
> Could not re-create the temporary EGL surface
> blit_16(): Image format 0 not supported!
>
> I think it has something to do with the powerVR driver.
>
> Do you have any idea about this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jie

Shah, Varun

Aug 5, 2009, 12:24:28 PM8/5/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, Jie Hao
I have gotten OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0 running on Omap3. However, still the apps using QLWidget like 2dpainting does not work. Qt guys are looking into this issue and hopefully this will get solved in near future.

But, hellogl_es demo works fine on 1.1 and 2.0.

For this,

I am using Qt source: http://qt.gitorious.org/+ti-sys-app-omap-team/qt/ti-sys-app-omap-team-clone/commits/omap3-support

Ø git clone git://gitorious.org/+ti-sys-app-omap-team/qt/ti-sys-app-omap-team-clone.git
Ø git checkout 15fa3b0fb140af9a1ae5e51a95fe3cf97cfa69eb

For building Qt: I used the following options for configuring Qt

./configure -prefix /opt/qt-embedded/ -embedded arm -little-endian -fast -D QT_NO_QWS_CURSOR -D QT_QWS_CLIENTBLIT -depths 16,24,32 -xplatform qws/linux-omap3-g++ -arch arm -no-xinerama -no-xkb -opengl es2 -plugin-gfx-powervr -qt-mouse-pc -no-openssl -no-cups -no-phonon -no-largefile -qt-mouse-pc
-plugin-mouse-pc -qt-mouse-tslib -plugin-mouse-tslib

After everything is built and installed on the filesystem, I used the following environment variable:

export TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0
export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/touchscreen0
export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf
export QWS_DISPLAY="powervr"
export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=tslib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6_SGX/lib:/usr/local/lib:/opt/qt-x11/lib
export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

Please run the app in examples/opengl/hellogl_es:
./hellogl_es -qws

Hope this will help.

Regards,
Varun Shah

Shah, Varun

Aug 5, 2009, 12:32:39 PM8/5/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Please use the mail below along with instructions from Pratheesh found in thread: http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/06354a2c618365d6

For opengles 1.1, you will need to comment the lines as mentioned in step 2 by Pratheesh in the thread above. For opengles 2.0, you do not need to comment the lines.

rubik...@googlemail.com

Aug 5, 2009, 4:58:29 PM8/5/09
to Beagle Board
First in need to do "make all" in the Graphic-SDK to build the
libraries right?
then i get:

make[1]: arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc: Command not found
make[1]: *** [../LinuxOMAP3/ReleaseRaw/OGLESChameleonMan.o] Fehler 127
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/michi/
OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK_3_00_00_06/GFX_Linux_SDK/OGLES/SDKPackage/Demos/
ChameleonMan/OGLES/Build/LinuxGeneric'
make: *** [/home/michi/OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK_3_00_00_06/GFX_Linux_SDK/
OGLES/SDKPackage/Demos/ChameleonMan/OGLES/Build/LinuxGeneric] Fehler 2

I want to use the OE Toolchain in: /home/michi/oe/tmp/cross/armv7a
So i export the toolchain into PATH but the error still remains!
How do i change the arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc to --> arm-angstrom-
linux-gnueabi ?

On 5 Aug., 18:24, "Shah, Varun" <varuns...@ti.com> wrote:
> I have gotten OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0 running on Omap3. However, still the apps using QLWidget like 2dpainting does not work. Qt guys are looking into this issue and hopefully this will get solved in near future.
>
> But, hellogl_es demo works fine on 1.1 and 2.0.
>
> For this,
>
> I am using Qt source:http://qt.gitorious.org/+ti-sys-app-omap-team/qt/ti-sys-app-omap-team...
>        http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/06354...
>
>    I found that, there is a openembedded recipes under development
> related with opengles/qte. I don't tried that, maybe it's still on
> development.
>
>   if you compiled you hellogl_es demo, but not work properly, you
> should debug it with you own qte opengl es code, such as how to render
> a simple triangle on screen to see if it can be draw on screen. after
> that, you should let you triangle rotate to see if it work as you
> expected.
>
>    we debug step by step like that, and finally found something. the
> Qte opengl es demo can be modified work on fullscreen. we don't know
> what to be fixed, maybe some one can point out this.
>
>   I hope this helps. if you find more info about QTE/OPENGL ES, please
> update this thread to share with more people.
>
> thanks

Shah, Varun

Aug 5, 2009, 6:23:03 PM8/5/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Please edit the ~/OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK_3_00_00_xx/Rules.make to set your angstrom toolchain.

Look for "set toolchain path" under "FIELDS MODIFIABLE BY THE USER" in Rules.make.

Regards,
Varun

pan son

Sep 2, 2009, 7:02:05 PM9/2/09
to Beagle Board
Varun, Where did you the opengl es library from?
Can you share that with me please?

Thasnk,
Vink

On Aug 5, 9:32 am, "Shah, Varun" <varuns...@ti.com> wrote:
> Please use the mail below along with instructions from Pratheesh found in thread:http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/06354...
>
> For opengles 1.1, you will need to comment the lines as mentioned in step 2 by Pratheesh in the thread above. For opengles 2.0, you do not need to comment the lines.
>
> Regards,
> Varun Shah-----Original Message-----

Shah, Varun

Sep 3, 2009, 12:22:23 PM9/3/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Vink,

The OpenGL ES library is part of the OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK released by TI on regular basis. We have recently announced .09 release for the same. Please find the announcement mail from Pratheesh along with the links for downloading attached below.

I hope this will help.

Regards,
Varun

Sep 16, 2009, 5:15:41 PM9/16/09
to Beagle Board
Thanks Varun. I have installed the OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK.

But it looks like it needs kernel 2.6.29.

I am having omap zoom 34xx II and omap3 evm and cannot find 2.6.29
kernel (no config in kernel source) for my boards. Can I install the
opengl libraries to my device having 2.6.28 or 2.6.22 kernel? (how
to?)

Vink

On Sep 3, 9:22 am, "Shah, Varun" <varuns...@ti.com> wrote:
> Vink,
>
> The OpenGL ES library is part of the OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK released by TI on regular basis. We have recently announced .09 release for the same. Please find the announcement mail from Pratheesh along with the links for downloading attached below.
>
> I hope this will help.
>
> Regards,
> Varun

Shah, Varun

Sep 17, 2009, 2:48:26 PM9/17/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Sure,

You can use 2.6.28. Just need to rebuild the kernel modules for graphics. Please follow the getting started guide: http://www.tiexpressdsp.com/index.php/OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK_Getting_Started_Guide

Regarding getting the 2.6.29 PSP releases of kernel for EVM, You need to go on the website of TI as mentioned below by Pratheesh and get it from dvsdk link.

The new release of Qt Embedded 4.6 technical preview works great with the EVM. Yet to try on beagle board.

Regards,
Varun

pan son

Sep 17, 2009, 6:50:15 PM9/17/09
to Beagle Board
The 2.6.29 PSP release link is not working, can you post it again
please?

I get a "segmentation fault" when I run the demo opengl examples.

On Sep 17, 11:48 am, "Shah, Varun" <varuns...@ti.com> wrote:
> Sure,
>
> You can use 2.6.28. Just need to rebuild the kernel modules for graphics. Please follow the getting started guide:http://www.tiexpressdsp.com/index.php/OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK_Getting_St...

pan son