JTAG Dongles for CCS?

Tim

Jun 27, 2010, 4:22:00 PM6/27/10
to Beagle Board
Hi Folks,

My first posting (and 1st project with the OMAP part).

We've designed a product using the BB schematics as the
basis, and 1st boards don't work. (surprise, surprise).

Anyhow, I'd like to hook up a JTAG dongle & see what is
really happening, but was quite shocked by the prices of the
'suggested' dongles that TI recommends.

I've got a mini N-link here that I've used on other ARM based
parts... would there be any patches / add-ons that might allow
me to use this for debugging?

Or other possible low<er> cost options.

Thanks,

Tim

Søren Steen Christensen

Jun 27, 2010, 4:40:58 PM6/27/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

You could go for at XDS100v2 (79$) together with CCSv4 - I just got one, but
haven't yet had time to try it out, but it's supposed to work :-)

You can get it from:
http://www.ti-estore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TMD
SEMU100v2U-14T

Best regards - Good luck and welcome to the OMAP world :-)
Søren

---
SSC Solutions ApS - Denmark - www.ssc-solutions.dk

Mike Nelson

Jun 27, 2010, 9:54:16 PM6/27/10
to beagleboard
Greetings:

I recently purchased a Rev C4 board with the TI 14-pin JTAG connector.  TI does not recommend the 14-pin JTAG connection for new designs, and the OMAP processor has trace capability not available with the 14-pin connector.

So, does the -xM design still have the TI 14-pin JTAG connector?

Regards:

Mike Nelson

Søren Steen Christensen

Jun 28, 2010, 3:02:04 PM6/28/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

> I recently purchased a Rev C4 board with the TI 14-pin JTAG connector.

> TI does not recommend the 14-pin JTAG connection for new designs,

> and the OMAP processor has trace capability not available with the 14-pin connector.

They don’t? On the latest couple of TI Reference designs I have seen the 14 pin header still exists…

That being said changing to a connector (and getting some cheap HW) supporting SDTI as well as JTAG would be great J

> So, does the -xM design still have the TI 14-pin JTAG connector?

Beagle XM still uses the original 14 pin header…

Best regards

  Søren

Tim

Jun 30, 2010, 10:13:19 AM6/30/10
to Beagle Board

Thanks Soren,

I got one yesterday from our TI guy. I'll be checking it out

Thanks!!

Tim

On Jun 27, 3:40 pm, Søren Steen Christensen <li...@ssc-solutions.dk>
wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> You could go for at XDS100v2 (79$) together with CCSv4 - I just got one, but
> haven't yet had time to try it out, but it's supposed to work :-)
>
> You can get it from:http://www.ti-estore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_C...

Søren Steen Christensen

Jun 30, 2010, 12:13:12 PM6/30/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

> I got one yesterday from our TI guy. I'll be checking it out

Great - Please let us know of any results - Great or Bad :-)

Thanks in advance

Tim

Jun 30, 2010, 4:52:06 PM6/30/10
to Beagle Board
Hi Soren,

Looks like the 'free' one I got was a V1. Won't do the OMAP parts.

Guess I'll just have to !buy! one! :-)

Tim

On Jun 30, 11:13 am, Søren Steen Christensen <li...@ssc-solutions.dk>

Martin Rößler

Jul 2, 2010, 5:53:59 PM7/2/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I successfully managed to use a Blackhawk USB100V2 with CCS 4.1.2 Platinium
together with a Beagleboard v4.

I have used the dsplink 1.6.2 readwrite example sources, create a project with CCS 4 (quit painfull
to get it compiled). Then I followed the description here

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Debugging_the_DSP_side_of_a_DSPLink_application_on_OMAP_using_CCS

to step through the dsp code.

So, at least for me the USB100V2 is working. Great!

Some time ago I have bought a USB560+ clone, but for this device
and CCS 3.3 I had no luck to get it running with the Beagleboard DSP!

Regards

Martin