Configuring usb0 to a static address

Richard Andrews

Jun 13, 2010, 8:01:52 AM6/13/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know how to configure the usb0 CDC ethernet interface via
system events?

I have put a definition in /etc/network/interfaces but ifup seems to
fire too early resulting in

ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): usb0: link is not ready

It only works after this has occurred in the logs:

ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): usb0: link becomes ready

I cannot find any udev hooks on which to hang the network
configuration process in such a away that it will work.

deep...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2010, 10:34:41 AM6/13/10
to Beagle Board

Richard Andrews

Jun 13, 2010, 10:46:53 PM6/13/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The trick turned out to be using g_ether instead of g_cdc for the OTG
driver. g_cdc announces the ethernet interface as up before it is
ready to configure.

Koen Kooi

Jun 14, 2010, 7:57:46 AM6/14/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Richard Andrews

Jun 14, 2010, 6:38:28 PM6/14/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I have been using the pre-built Angstrom 2010.3 filesystem
tar.bz2. I'm not yet to the point of building my own kernel.

Has the issue been fixed in the g_cdc module?