net bsd on beagle?

Eric Fort

Jan 16, 2012, 3:28:33 AM1/16/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
While some may consider this to be defection to the dark side....  Has NetBSD ever been ported or successfully run on any beagleboard version and specifically on the bone?

Eric

Brett

Jan 16, 2012, 4:25:37 AM1/16/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
> Topic: net bsd on beagle?

> From: Eric Fort <eric...@gmail.com>
> Date: Jan 16 12:28AM -0800

I don't use NetBSD but keep an eye on it, and as far as I know this is where they are at:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.ports.arm/3306

On OpenBSD as well, it is still a work in progress. BeagleBoard will boot kernel and run OpenBSD userland, but there is not yet any support for usb ports or ethernet:

http://www.openbsd.org/beagle.html

This port when done is supposed to also work on PandaBoard but I don't know about BeagleBone.

Brett.