Begale Board for Retro Modding

zxspectr...@googlemail.com

May 10, 2009, 12:30:29 PM5/10/09
to Beagle Board
Hi folks.
I thought you might be interested in what I've used my Beagle Board
(C2) for:

http://technabob.com/blog/2009/04/12/sinclair-zx-spectrum-linux-pc-casemod/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zxspectrumupgrade/sets/72157616543421081/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0qh7dvaH98

(Also, at http://beagleboard.org/hardware , the picture is of a B7 rev
board instead of C2, could that be fixed please?)

Cheers,
Brian.

Gerald Coley

May 10, 2009, 12:34:05 PM5/10/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
As to the picture, we have 5000 Rev B boards out there. We don't want people to think their board is not supported. I will see what we can do. Maybe we can add a smaller picture of all three versions.

Gerald

Frans Meulenbroeks

May 10, 2009, 1:24:28 PM5/10/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
2009/5/10 Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org>:
> As to the picture, we have 5000 Rev B boards out there. We don't want people
> to think their board is not supported. I will see what we can do. Maybe we
> can add a smaller picture of all three versions.
>
> Gerald

At least on the picture with the BUY button I would expect a rev C2
board as taht is what you are buying.

FM

Gerald Coley

May 10, 2009, 5:22:09 PM5/10/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Actually, rev C2 are about all sold out. So, it would be a rev C3.

Gerald

Mark Craig

May 10, 2009, 5:42:53 PM5/10/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
That is the coolest thing I've seen for ages.
It's particularly impressive the fact you've got the keyboard working.
I hope you didn't kill an original speccy 48K making that mod!
The speccy will never die.

Frans Meulenbroeks

May 11, 2009, 6:10:57 AM5/11/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
2009/5/10 Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org>:

> Actually, rev C2 are about all sold out. So, it would be a rev C3.
>
> Gerald

What is the delta between C2 and C3?

FM

Gerald Coley

May 11, 2009, 6:56:40 AM5/11/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Optional RTC backup battery.
Mounting holes conected to ground.
Slightly improved S-Video.

Gerald

Måns Rullgård

May 11, 2009, 7:21:11 AM5/11/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> writes:

> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks < fransmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> 2009/5/10 Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org>:
>> > Actually, rev C2 are about all sold out. So, it would be a rev C3.
>> >
>> > Gerald
>>
>> What is the delta between C2 and C3?
>

> Optional RTC backup battery.

Nice. What battery does it take?

--
Måns Rullgård
ma...@mansr.com

Gerald Coley

May 11, 2009, 8:13:06 AM5/11/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
VL1220 series. There are several that will fit. I will have these listed in the new SRM.

Gerald