Want to buy Beagleboards

Eric Fung

Nov 18, 2009, 6:25:53 PM11/18/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I want to buy some Beagleboards; but, they are out of stock now. I
checked Mouser and the web page states that the estimated ship date will
be 2/12/2010. In Digikey, the Digikey part number seems tied to the
board revision number. So, I am not sure if I want to place order with
the Digikey part number that tied to rev C. I remember someone posted a
message saying that the new Beagleboards will be available sooner.
Anyone knows anything about the new Beagleboard?

Thanks in advance,
--Eric

Gerald Coley

Nov 18, 2009, 7:11:20 PM11/18/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
We have shipped some more Rev C3 boards to Digikey this week. The next Rev is C4. If you want to know when those will start shipping, well I would like to know as well. We can't get all the components we need to build them. I can't say when those components will finally be shipped to us. We are going on a day by day basis at this point. We hope to ship these before then end of the year, but I can't promise anything.

Gerald

Eric Fung

Nov 18, 2009, 10:01:28 PM11/18/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gerald. I will contact Digikey tomorrow.
--Eric
> <mailto:beagl...@googlegroups.com>.
> beagleboard...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:beagleboard%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Gerald Coley

Nov 18, 2009, 10:03:15 PM11/18/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Good luck! I would get an order in as soon as you can!

Gerald

StevenJ

Nov 19, 2009, 10:38:51 AM11/19/09
to Beagle Board

On Nov 18, 7:11 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> If you want to know when those will start shipping, well I would like
> to know as well. We can't get all the components we need to build them. I
> can't say when those components will finally be shipped to us. We are going
> on a day by day basis at this point. We hope to ship these before then end
> of the year, but I can't promise anything.
>
> Gerald

Yep - seems like semiconductors are going back on allocation. When
things
slowed down, the semi companies turned off the taps hard and layed
people
off. Now, when things are starting to turn around, they can't keep up
with
the demand. We're being quoted 26 week leadtime for some jelly bean
parts
which, in today's market, is almost like the parts are no longer being
made.
All of these new processors are great - but they all still need to be
surrounded
with these support parts that the manufacturers have let lapse...

Steven J. Ackerman, Consultant
ACS, Sarasota, FL
http://www.acscontrol.com

Eric Fung

Nov 19, 2009, 4:37:26 PM11/19/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerald,
The Rev C3 you've just shipped to Digikey this week are all gone. I
think this batch of boards is not enough to feed the purchase queue.
Anyway, I have placed the order to buy 44 more boards for my cluster of
Beagleboards.
--Eric
> <mailto:beagl...@googlegroups.com>.
> beagleboard...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:beagleboard%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Søren Steen Christensen

Nov 19, 2009, 6:24:27 PM11/19/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

44 more boards - Cool - How many boards do you have, and for what are you
using them if I may be so free to ask? 44 boards makes my curious :-)

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of your setup?
Søren

Eric Fung

Nov 19, 2009, 6:53:17 PM11/19/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi soren,

I have a 13U server rack which will host 44 beagleboards, 1 Dell Power
Edge R210 1U server, 1 1U power strip, 2 24-port Ethernet switches, 2
custom made (by me) 5VDC power supply distribution. And, each
beagleboard connects to the daughter card that designed by me. This rack
is used to support my company's product manufacturing. Each beagleboard
uses TRENDNET's TU2-ET100 for Ethernet communication. Each of the eleven
1U shelves will carry 4 beagleboards. I have not completed the rack yet
since I do not have all the beagleboards and daughter cards. So, no
picture to see now. As of today, I only put up 1 shelf with 2
beagleboard modules. Hopefully, I will have all the beagleboards next
month when my software is completed.

I have 7 beagleboards on hand. But, 2 of them were damaged because of
12VDC supply were plug in incidentally.

--Eric

S�ren Steen Christensen wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> 44 more boards - Cool - How many boards do you have, and for what are you
> using them if I may be so free to ask? 44 boards makes my curious :-)
>
> Would it be possible for you to post a picture of your setup?
> S�ren
>

>> Hi Gerald,
>> The Rev C3 you've just shipped to Digikey this week are all gone. I
>> think this batch of boards is not enough to feed the purchase queue.
>> Anyway, I have placed the order to buy 44 more boards for my cluster of
>> Beagleboards.
>> --Eric

Robert Nelson

Nov 19, 2009, 7:04:02 PM11/19/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Eric Fung <erick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi soren,
>
> I have a 13U server rack which will host 44 beagleboards, 1 Dell Power
> Edge R210 1U server, 1 1U power strip, 2 24-port Ethernet switches, 2
> custom made (by me) 5VDC power supply distribution. And, each
> beagleboard connects to the daughter card that designed by me. This rack
> is used to support my company's product manufacturing. Each beagleboard
> uses TRENDNET's TU2-ET100 for Ethernet communication. Each of the eleven
> 1U shelves will carry 4 beagleboards. I have not completed the rack yet
> since I do not have all the beagleboards and daughter cards. So, no
> picture to see now. As of today, I only put up 1 shelf with 2
> beagleboard modules. Hopefully, I will have all the beagleboards next
> month when my software is completed.
>
> I have 7 beagleboards on hand. But, 2 of them were damaged because of
> 12VDC supply were plug in incidentally.
>
> --Eric

Nice! Definitely want to see those pictures!

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

Andrew Jackman

Nov 19, 2009, 7:35:04 PM11/19/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
> Nice! Definitely want to see those pictures!

I, too, would love to see some pics! I've been trying to work out
what it would take to have a beagle board processing cluster. Low
power, low space, and low cost.

--
Andrew Jackman
kd7...@gmail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
destroy all copies of the original message. All your base are belong
to us.

Gerald Coley

Nov 19, 2009, 9:47:23 PM11/19/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
We shipped 150 more today. That is the last we will ship for a while. Hopefully some of those will find their way to you!

Gerald

Eric Fung

Nov 19, 2009, 9:56:13 PM11/19/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Good news to me. I hope I will get my 44 boards. They are the last thing
I need in my rack.
--Eric

Gerald Coley wrote:
> We shipped 150 more today. That is the last we will ship for a while.
> Hopefully some of those will find their way to you!
>
> Gerald
>

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Andrew Jackman <kd7...@gmail.com
> <mailto:kd7...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> > Nice! Definitely want to see those pictures!
> >

> I, too, would love to see some pics! I've been trying to work out
> what it would take to have a beagle board processing cluster. Low
> power, low space, and low cost.
>
> --
> Andrew Jackman
> kd7...@gmail.com <mailto:kd7...@gmail.com>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
> attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
> contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
> review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
> the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
> destroy all copies of the original message. All your base are belong
> to us.

Robert P. J. Day

Nov 19, 2009, 9:58:02 PM11/19/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Eric Fung wrote:

> Good news to me. I hope I will get my 44 boards. They are the last
> thing I need in my rack.

somewhere, there is a "hey, nice rack!" joke waiting to be made.

rday

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Jason Kridner

Nov 20, 2009, 12:23:27 AM11/20/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Thank you all for making my evening.

On Nov 19, 2009 8:58 PM, "Robert P. J. Day" <rpj...@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Eric Fung wrote: > Good news to me. I hope I will get my 44 boards. They are t...

 somewhere, there is a "hey, nice rack!" joke waiting to be made.

rday

Robert P. J. Day                               Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Web page:                                          http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter:                                       http://twitter.com/rpjday

Kiam Peng Wee

Nov 20, 2009, 1:29:17 AM11/20/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
hi,

has anyone thought of converting cd/md storage shelves/towers to
beagleboard 'racks'?

KP

Daniel Robinson

Nov 20, 2009, 2:16:26 PM11/20/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I just checked Digikey and they are still showing 0 on hand.  How long does it take for Digikey to show stock?

--dan
--
daniel g robinson
www.bornlivelovedie.com

Gerald Coley

Nov 21, 2009, 10:26:31 AM11/21/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Well, they may not. If the have backorders that exceed what they have received in shipments, they may not show any at all. They received 200 more on Friday. That will be the last shipment for a while. We will resume shipments when we have the parts to build the boards. We have 3000 boards ready to build and we are missing one part.

Gerald

Eric Fort

Nov 22, 2009, 2:51:31 PM11/22/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Will these 3000 be C3 or C4? will anymore C3 boards be built?

Eric

Gerald Coley

Nov 22, 2009, 4:12:16 PM11/22/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
They will be C4. We have no more C3 boards in the pipeline.

Gerald

Eric Fung

Nov 22, 2009, 5:33:45 PM11/22/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I was confirmed that I will get 14 boards; the other 30 will be in back order.

Gerald Coley

Nov 22, 2009, 5:36:45 PM11/22/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
That means you will get 14 C3F boards and the rest will be C4. But, they are currently way out there. Maybe April or May, unless something happens to get us the parts sooner.

Gerald

Eric Fung

Nov 22, 2009, 8:33:47 PM11/22/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerald,

I have 2 damaged Beagleboards killed by 12V power supply. Do you think I can send them back for repair?

Thanks,
Eric

Gerald Coley

Nov 22, 2009, 8:59:02 PM11/22/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Well, you can, but it is not guranteed that we can fix them. If the OMAP or TPS655950 are damaged, then they cannot be repaired. If it is the TPS2141 or the regulator, then we can. We won't know untill we look at them.

Gerald

jmelson

Nov 23, 2009, 6:04:42 PM11/23/09
to Beagle Board

On Nov 22, 4:36 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> That means you will get 14 C3F boards and the rest will be C4. But, they are
> currently way out there. Maybe April or May, unless something happens to get
> us the parts sooner.
Potentially a SIX MONTH wait???? Oh, NO! I am developing a product
that
was to be built around the Beagle Board, at least initially!

This is really serious!

Jon

Andrew Jackman

Nov 23, 2009, 6:08:10 PM11/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM, jmelson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

> Potentially a SIX MONTH wait????  Oh, NO!  I am developing a product
> that was to be built around the Beagle Board, at least initially!
>
> This is really serious!

I agree. I was trying to push the beagleboard into a parallel
processing project at my work for the current development cycle, but
boards will only be available after the cycle is over. We're looking
at about 50-75 boards. We'll have to can it until next year...

Steve Sakoman

Nov 23, 2009, 6:25:23 PM11/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Gerald,

Can you say what part is missing?

Steve

Gerald Coley

Nov 23, 2009, 7:31:30 PM11/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
We are working the issue daily and I hope for a resolution soon. The TFP410 is the issue at the moment. Everything else is in.

Gerald

Robert P. J. Day

Nov 23, 2009, 9:09:07 PM11/23/09
to Beagle Board
are all BB lookalikes having the same shortage issue?

Andrew Jackman

Nov 23, 2009, 9:10:39 PM11/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpj...@crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>  are all BB lookalikes having the same shortage issue?

There are lookalikes?

Gerald Coley

Nov 23, 2009, 9:38:34 PM11/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I would expect so, but it is hard to say. We got caught on the ramp to long lead times. At the moment, and this is subject to change, we expect to resume shipments in early January. Just for the record, these will be rev C4 boards with the 720MHZ version of the OMAP3530.

Gerald

Steve Sakoman

Nov 23, 2009, 10:18:25 PM11/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpj...@crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, jmelson wrote:
>

>> On Nov 22, 4:36 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
>> > That means you will get 14 C3F boards and the rest will be C4. But, they are
>> > currently way out there. Maybe April or May, unless something happens to get
>> > us the parts sooner.
>
>> Potentially a SIX MONTH wait????  Oh, NO!  I am developing a product
>> that was to be built around the Beagle Board, at least initially!
>>
>> This is really serious!
>
>  are all BB lookalikes having the same shortage issue?

Not sure if you consider Gumstix Overo a "lookalike", but all 4
versions of the processor module are in stock..

Steve

> rday
> --

> Robert P. J. Day                               Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
>            Linux Consulting, Training and Kernel Pedantry.
>
> Web page:                                          http://crashcourse.ca
> Twitter:                                       http://twitter.com/rpjday

jmelson

Nov 23, 2009, 10:30:34 PM11/23/09
to Beagle Board

On Nov 23, 6:31 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> We are working the issue daily and I hope for a resolution soon. The TFP410
> is the issue at the moment. Everything else is in.
Will the Beagle run without the TFP410? The embedded projects we are
planning on using it for mostly will not need any video out. We can
do everything we want via ethernet and the expansion header.

But, maybe we should just move toward the Gumstix or other OMAP
platform.

Thanks,

Jon

Gerald Coley

Nov 23, 2009, 10:43:35 PM11/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The Beagle will run without the TFP410, except there will be no video output. The Gumstix is a great product. It ias you call. As I said, we plan to start shipping in early Jnauary.

Gerald

rakshat hooja

Nov 24, 2009, 12:32:13 AM11/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 4:38 AM, Andrew Jackman <kd7...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM, jmelson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

> Potentially a SIX MONTH wait????  Oh, NO!  I am developing a product
> that was to be built around the Beagle Board, at least initially!
>
> This is really serious!

I agree.  I was trying to push the beagleboard into a parallel
processing project at my work for the current development cycle, but
boards will only be available after the cycle is over.  We're looking
at about 50-75 boards.  We'll have to can it until next year...

--
Andrew Jackman
kd7...@gmail.com

Rakshat

www.idasystems.net

--
--------------
Please use Firefox as your web browser. Its protects you from spyware and is also a very feature rich browser.

Michael Davey

Nov 24, 2009, 3:20:03 AM11/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

2009/11/24 Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org>

We are working the issue daily and I hope for a resolution soon. The TFP410 is the issue at the moment. Everything else is in.

A TI part?  Well, that's embarrassing. Are there no pin-compatible parts from other companies?  Are the TFP410-EP or TFP510 an option?

--
Michael

Sebastian Kruber

Nov 24, 2009, 3:45:20 AM11/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am trying to make a bootscreen or splashscreen for my new system. I used the dss_init(void) function from

http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/3ad9b803a3418624

to copy the logo from my company to framebuffer in u-boot.

Unfortunately the kernel initializes a new framebuffer and the logo gets lost.

My idea is to write some extra code into the DSS driver that copies the logo from u-boot’s framebuffer to the new initialized one.

Can anyone tell me where especially in which function the new framebuffer gets initialized?

Actually another problem arose during kernel executed. The framebuffer from u-boot got overwritten by kernel (cracy pixel on the display). The u-boot’s dss_init() allocates the framebuffer at 0x80500000, which is 5MB after memory start and about 3MB after the kernel’s area in memory.

Does someone know what memory region kernel uses when executed? Maybe it is possible to change u-boot’s framebuffer region to a memory area, which will not be overwritten by kernel.

Greetings from the cold Bavarian countryside

Sebastian

Michael Davey

Nov 24, 2009, 3:48:04 AM11/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

2009/11/24 Sebastian Kruber <Sebastia...@hedo.de>

Hi,

I am trying to make a bootscreen or splashscreen for my new system.

I'd recommend starting a new thread.  You'll get better & faster answers.

--
Michael

Koen Kooi

Nov 24, 2009, 3:48:27 AM11/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 24 nov 2009, om 09:45 heeft Sebastian Kruber het volgende geschreven:

> Hi,
> I am trying to make a bootscreen or splashscreen for my new system.
> I used the dss_init(void) function from
> http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/3ad9b803a3418624
> to copy the logo from my company to framebuffer in u-boot.

What does that have to do with the current thread ("[beagleboard] Want
to buy Beagleboards")? If you want to start a new thread, press "New
Mail" not "Reply". If you want your question to remain in this thread
then at least change the subject to something more appropriate.

Thread hijacking is considered rude.

regards,

Koen

Sebastian Kruber

Nov 24, 2009, 3:51:46 AM11/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry for hijacking a thread, my mistake.

Nov 24, 2009, 8:40:01 AM11/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
All my parts issues are TI parts! And no, there isn't a pin compatible option or I would have switched to it.

Gerald

jmelson

Nov 24, 2009, 3:03:54 PM11/24/09
to Beagle Board

On Nov 23, 9:43 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> The Beagle will run without the TFP410, except there will be no video
> output. The Gumstix is a great product. It ias you call. As I said, we plan
> to start shipping in early Jnauary.
January is a LOT better than May! I don't think that will impact us
much, as we
have plenty of development to do first.

Thanks,

Jon

Gerald Coley

Nov 24, 2009, 4:53:20 PM11/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Beleive me when I say, I am torching a new person everyday to get these parts and we have a lot of people working on it. No one wants to get these things out faster than I do!

Gerald

Thanks,

Jon

h...@computer.org

Nov 25, 2009, 4:55:23 AM11/25/09
to Beagle Board
Hi all,
since I daily get requests for BeagleBoards and our order at DigiKey
is also on back-log, I have talked to Rakshat. They still have a
significant quantity of C3 boards waiting in India. Therefore, we want
to work together to ship one larger batch of BeagleBoards to Europe
approx. by end of this week.

Our price is 159 EUR (incl. German VAT), i.e. 133,61 EUR w/o. Plus
shipment to you (calculated by the shopping cart). Preferred countries
are the EU harmonized market (since this does not again involve
customs). We can also export to selected countries, but shipment cost
goes up significantly.

To get an estimate for the required quantities, please place a (pre-)
order at:

http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Beagle%20Board

If you want, you can postpone payment until I report that we have
fixed the quantities and have estimated delivery time.

Nikolaus Schaller
http://www.handheld-linux.com
http://www.beagleboard.de

Michael Davey

Nov 22, 2009, 5:49:42 PM11/22/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

2009/11/22 Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org>

That means you will get 14 C3F boards and the rest will be C4. But, they are currently way out there. Maybe April or May, unless something happens to get us the parts sooner.

Can you say which part it is?  I'm guessing the Micron NAND/SDRAM.

--
Michael

Delivereath

Nov 22, 2009, 4:42:00 PM11/22/09
to Beagle Board
Just by curiosity, what is the part you are missing ?

Alexandre

On 22 nov, 22:12, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> They will be C4. We have no more C3 boards in the pipeline.
>
> Gerald
>
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Eric Fort <eric.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Will these 3000 be C3 or C4?  will anymore C3 boards be built?
>
> > Eric
>
> > On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org>
> > wrote:
> > > Well, they may not. If the have backorders that exceed what they have
> > > received in shipments, they may not show any at all. They received 200
> > more
> > > on Friday. That will be the last shipment for a while. We will resume
> > > shipments when we have the parts to build the boards. We have 3000 boards
> > > ready to build and we are missing one part.
>
> > > Gerald
>
> > > On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Daniel Robinson <
> > danielgrobin...@gmail.com>

> > .

> > .
>
> > > --

haribabu.narayanan

Dec 4, 2009, 7:43:44 PM12/4/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Gerald.,

>>>Beleive me when I say, I am torching a new person everyday to get these
>>>parts and we have a lot of people working on it. No one wants to get these
>>>things out faster than I do!

Is it possible for you to provide an update on the current status
of the beagleboard?
I placed my order on Nov.24th without knowing anything about this and
now I see that I am
at around number 200 in the backorder list (as of today).

I would sure be happy to know when I can expect to see my board.

Thanks.,

-hari
> > > .

> > > .

> > > .

Gerald Coley

Dec 4, 2009, 8:45:46 PM12/4/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
We hope to start shipping boards on 1/15/2010, assuming we get the parts on Monday as we expect. We are crossing our fingers and waiting.

Gerald

haribabu.narayanan

Dec 4, 2009, 10:55:35 PM12/4/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Gerald.,

Thanks for the quick response.

I had one question though. If the board I get through some
distributor is defective and I am trying out the RMA route., would I
be sending it back to the distributor (or) beagleboard.org?

I am asking this because I am in US and trying to see if I can
order it from other distributors elsewhere (as mentioned in the
know that in case of defects., I will just need to correspond within
the US.

-hari

Gerald Coley

Dec 4, 2009, 11:12:52 PM12/4/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
You request an RMA from beagleboard.org.  They will then determine if the board is defective, has been damaged, or if there is user error. Most of the time it is either user damage or user error.  If the board needs to be repaired they will take care of it.

There is only one distributor that has boards, IDA, and they are in India.

Gerald

haribabu.narayanan

Dec 4, 2009, 11:20:26 PM12/4/09
to Beagle Board
That's nice to hear.

But the following is from http://beagleboard.org/support:

"Repairs and replacements only provided on unmodified boards purchased
via Digi-Key within the first 90 days."

Why does it mention only Digi-key in particular if the RMA route is
distributor-agnostic?

-hari
> > -

Gerald Coley

Dec 4, 2009, 11:26:19 PM12/4/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Because they were the original distributor and we never got around to changing it. Don't worry about it.

Gerald

donald cochrane

Dec 5, 2009, 2:26:18 PM12/5/09
to Beagle Board
I ordered an eval board in late October/Early November and was going
to quickly follow it up with a purchase of 9 more to use for labs
associated with an Embedded Linux course I am teaching at the
University of New Hampshire the spring semester of 2010 starting on
01/26/10.

Digi-Key originally put my ship date as 12/04. I was going to eval
this weekend and then purchase the other 9 next week.

Digi-Key changed the ship date to 02/26/10. Mouser has a ship date of
02/12 if I ordered from them.

Although those dates are rather late I was hoping that I could get a
leastr "one" board to have to start the semester with?

Please advise me on how there is any way at all possible that I can
get one board between now and then?

Thanks,

On Nov 19, 4:37 pm, Eric Fung <erickpf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gerald,
> The Rev C3 you've just shipped to Digikey this week are all gone. I
> think this batch of boards is not enough to feed the purchase queue.
> Anyway, I have placed the order to buy 44 more boards for my cluster of
> Beagleboards.
> --EricGerald Coley wrote:
> > We have shipped some more Rev C3 boards to Digikey this week. The next
> > Rev is C4. If you want to know when those will start shipping, well I
> > would like to know as well. We can't get all the components we need to
> > build them. I can't say when those components will finally be shipped
> > to us. We are going on a day by day basis at this point. We hope to
> > ship these before then end of the year, but I can't promise anything.
>
> > Gerald
>
> > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Eric Fung <erickpf...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:erickpf...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >     Hi there,
>
> >     I want to buy some Beagleboards; but, they are out of stock now. I
> >     checked Mouser and the web page states that the estimated ship
> >     date will
> >     be 2/12/2010. In Digikey, the Digikey part number seems tied to the
> >     board revision number. So, I am not sure if I want to place order with
> >     the Digikey part number that tied to rev C. I remember someone
> >     posted a
> >     message saying that the new Beagleboards will be available sooner.
> >     Anyone knows anything about the new Beagleboard?
>
> >     Thanks in advance,
> >     --Eric
>
> >     --

> >     For more options, visit this group at
> >    http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard?hl=.

Gerald Coley

Dec 6, 2009, 9:07:07 AM12/6/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
You can see if IDA Systems in India can get you one.

Gerald

haribabu.narayanan

Dec 6, 2009, 11:16:53 PM12/6/09
to Beagle Board
Hi all,

I tried googling for the following query., but couldn't find any
satisfactory answers.

Anybody in the US tried importing beagleboard from IDA Systems
(india)? I wish to know whether there are usually any customs issues/
delays (or) extra charges to be paid by the receiving party in US?

-hari
> > >.

Gerald Coley

Dec 7, 2009, 8:26:19 AM12/7/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I suggest you contact IDA Systems. I am sure there are indeed import fees and customs issues to some extent.

Gerald

haribabu.narayanan

Dec 7, 2009, 1:54:33 PM12/7/09
to Beagle Board
I did contact them and they are of the opinion that there would be
nothing.

Customs in itself is a unclear process and hence would be happy to
hear if somebody had ran into trouble before.

-hari

donald cochrane

Dec 7, 2009, 2:30:57 PM12/7/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Gerald, did you guys get the expected parts?

Do you still expect to ship on/around 01/15/10?

A couple weeks turn around following 01/15/10 will still meet my
needs, although I will get a single eval outside of the US (cost ->
ouch!) for use until then.

Thanks for keeping us Beagle Board disciples in the loop....

-DC-

On Dec 4, 8:45 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> We hope to start shipping boards on 1/15/2010, assuming we get the parts on
> Monday as we expect. We are crossing our fingers and waiting.
>
> Gerald
>
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 6:43 PM, haribabu.narayanan <

Gerald Coley

Dec 7, 2009, 2:34:58 PM12/7/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
1/15/10 is still the planned date to resume shipements. The boards are in assembly now.

Gerald

rakshat hooja

Dec 7, 2009, 2:37:45 PM12/7/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 1:00 AM, donald cochrane <coc...@gmail.com> wrote:
 although I will get a single eval outside of the US (cost ->
ouch!) for use until then.

The cost is high because we imported BB's from US into India paying customs and shipping and now will be shipping single units back to the US! Had not really planned for this scenario.

Rakshat

donald cochrane

Dec 7, 2009, 6:13:31 PM12/7/09
to Beagle Board
ha ha no doubt Rakshat.

the cost is completely understood.

thanks for your willingness to help out over the next month.

Namaste,

-DC-

Dogburt

Dec 8, 2009, 1:17:00 PM12/8/09
to Beagle Board
Gerald,

What is the fastest retail avenue then, Digikey?

Thanks,
Duncan

> > tobeag...@googlegroups.com

> > -

> >  > > .

Gerald Coley

Dec 8, 2009, 1:42:35 PM12/8/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Yes.

Gerald

nl

Dec 28, 2009, 11:37:03 AM12/28/09
to Beagle Board
Will the shipment be Rev D?

Specifically, if one were to place an order now with Digikey, one
would receive a board from this shipment?

Thanks!
Norman

> > tobeag...@googlegroups.com

> > -

> >  > > .
>
> > --

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at

> >http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

Gerald Coley

Dec 28, 2009, 11:56:12 AM12/28/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
There is no Rev D. These will be Rev C4. I would expect that if you placed an order now with DigiKey, it would come from this shipment, but I cannot guarantee it. We plan to ship 1000 boards on the 15th.

Gerald