[beable board] USB issue with AIRLINK101 ethernet adapter while copying files over NFS

satyaji...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2008, 9:43:28 AM10/15/08
to Beagle Board
Hi all,

I am using USB to ethernet adapter from AIRLINK101. I am connecting it
to beagle board using 4 port USB HUB. I am able to configure the
ethernet interface and mount NFS.
When I try to copy big size files (>30MB) from NFS to USB pendrive or
MMC and vice-versa, I am getting following messages,

<5>nfs: server 192.168.10.10 not responding, still trying
nfs: server 192.168.10.10 not responding, still trying
<5>nfs: server 192.168.10.10 OK
nfs: server 192.168.10.10 OK

Sometimes, even with these messages file copy is done completely, but
takes long time. Some times file copy doesn't complete. For smaller
size files (<1MB), file copy happens correctly without those
messages.

Does anybody know the reason for these messages? How can I solve it?
Has anybody faced similar issue?

Regards
Satyajit

Nathan Monson

Oct 15, 2008, 1:15:03 PM10/15/08
to Beagle Board
On Oct 15, 6:43 am, "satyajitkam...@gmail.com"
<satyajitkam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I try to copy big size files (>30MB) from NFS to USB pendrive or
> MMC and vice-versa, I am getting following messages,

This should probably be in the FAQ. It's a known bug in the current
MUSB code. Here is another recent bug where fixes were discussed:

http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/2ad517c215a6dabe/3f5b7acb20e52f94#3f5b7acb20e52f94

Unless you are already building your own kernels, I suggest you use
Koen's prebuilt kernels, since he has fixed a number of other bugs.

- Nathan

satyajit kamble

Oct 16, 2008, 3:03:09 AM10/16/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Nathan for you prompt reply.
I have applied the patch mentioned in above link and also followed other instructions in the post.
But still I get those NFS issues. I will try with Koen's prebuilt kernels, and get back to you.

Thanks and regards
Satyajit K.

satyajit kamble

Oct 16, 2008, 3:28:32 AM10/16/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan,

I tried using Koen's prebuilt uImage at

First thing, it crashes with USB PENDRIVE and ETH adapter working simulatneously.
Second, when I tried to use ETH adapter alone, NFS messages still comes up. This is not fixed in this image.

I couldn't able to find, these NFS related threads in FAQ.
If any of you have any pointers regarding this, please let me know.

Regards
Satyajit

satyajit kamble

Oct 16, 2008, 3:37:55 AM10/16/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
One more thing,
Where can I get source code for Koen's kernel (2.6.26).

Regards
Satyajit

Koen Kooi

Oct 16, 2008, 5:34:42 AM10/16/08
to Beagle Board

On 16 okt, 09:28, "satyajit kamble" <satyajitkam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> I tried using Koen's prebuilt uImage athttp://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/uImage
>
> First thing, it crashes with USB PENDRIVE and ETH adapter working
> simulatneously.
> Second, when I tried to use ETH adapter alone, NFS messages still comes up.
> This is not fixed in this image.

I think Nathan meant:
http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/OE/uImage-2.6.26+2.6.27-rc7+r14+gite1c49d7d22af768188e2a54c167ed79919361e55-r14-beagleboard.bin

> I couldn't able to find, these NFS related threads in FAQ.
> If any of you have any pointers regarding this, please let me know.
>
> Regards
> Satyajit
>
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM, satyajit kamble
> <satyajitkam...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >  Thank you Nathan for you prompt reply.

> >http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/2ad51...
>
> > I have applied the patch mentioned in above link and also followed other
> > instructions in the post.
> > But still I get those NFS issues. I will try with Koen's prebuilt kernels,
> > and get back to you.
>
> > Thanks and regards
> > Satyajit K.
>
> > On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:45 PM, Nathan Monson <nmon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> This should probably be in the FAQ.  It's a known bug in the current
> >> MUSB code.  Here is another recent bug where fixes were discussed:
>
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/2ad51...

Koen Kooi

Oct 16, 2008, 5:35:02 AM10/16/08
to Beagle Board

On 16 okt, 09:37, "satyajit kamble" <satyajitkam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> One more thing,
> Where can I get source code for Koen's kernel (2.6.26).

As said before: all kernel patches are in OpenEmbedded

> Regards
> Satyajit
>
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:58 PM, satyajit kamble
> <satyajitkam...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >  Hi Nathan,
>
> > I tried using Koen's prebuilt uImage at
> >http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/uImage
>
> > First thing, it crashes with USB PENDRIVE and ETH adapter working
> > simulatneously.
> > Second, when I tried to use ETH adapter alone, NFS messages still comes up.
> > This is not fixed in this image.
>
> > I couldn't able to find, these NFS related threads in FAQ.
> > If any of you have any pointers regarding this, please let me know.
>
> > Regards
> > Satyajit
>
> > On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM, satyajit kamble <
> > satyajitkam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>  Thank you Nathan for you prompt reply.

> >>http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/2ad51...
>
> >> I have applied the patch mentioned in above link and also followed other
> >> instructions in the post.
> >> But still I get those NFS issues. I will try with Koen's prebuilt kernels,
> >> and get back to you.
>
> >> Thanks and regards
> >> Satyajit K.

satyajit kamble

Oct 17, 2008, 1:53:27 AM10/17/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Koen for your suggestions.
I tried uImages present at
But still I get those NFS messages for long file copy. Does anybody know fix for this??

Regards
Satyajit