REQ: Explaination of the procedure/lead-time to remove export restrictions

jmain_jp

Jun 7, 2010, 8:13:46 PM6/7/10
to Beagle Board
As others have queried about the export restrictions for the new xM,
could anyone with first-hand information about the export restriction
lifecycle?

Because the board has not been reviewed by the agency that determines
if the board is authorized to be exported, is this the reason why it
is listed as being "export restricted"?

If this is the case, if a production board is presented to the review
authority, what is the average time required to receive authorization
to export the device?

I am asking these questions as I have waited patiently for the xM to
be released only to discover that I can not place an order for the
part because of the export restriction.

Jeremy
Yokohama, Japan

Gerald Coley

Jun 8, 2010, 8:42:41 AM6/8/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
There is an issue with the ECCN number on the -xM at the moment that is being worked. We are working to get it resolved.

xM boards as has been stated will not ship to the end of June.

Gerald

Vladimir Pantelic

Jun 8, 2010, 8:45:45 AM6/8/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Gerald Coley wrote:
> There is an issue with the ECCN number on the -xM at the moment that is
> being worked. We are working to get it resolved.
> xM boards as has been stated will not ship to the end of June.
> Gerald

Gerald, (live question from irc) any chance to look at the schematics?

Gerald Coley

Jun 8, 2010, 8:52:14 AM6/8/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
No. Not untill they are offcially released. We are still testing the -xM boards. They are not fully tested at this point in time.

Gerald