DigiKey backorder woes

TheDude7053

Jul 15, 2009, 11:14:06 PM7/15/09
to Beagle Board
My beagleboard has been on late backorder for 5 days now, is there
anyway i can get digikey to tell me any thing rather than were
checking, or let me contact someone about that and then not get a
response, :(

Gerald Coley

Jul 15, 2009, 11:32:34 PM7/15/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
We are shipping them as fast as we can. I cannot comment on where you are in the line waiting because I do not know. Last count DK had 430 orders pending. We shipped 150 on Monday and hope to ship 100 more tomorrow. We expect to ramp to 300 next week and 500 the next.

Gerald

TheDude7053

Jul 15, 2009, 11:41:07 PM7/15/09
to Beagle Board
Hey thanks for the quick response, i was actually able to goad some
more info out of DigiKeys support monkey, glad to see that you are
selling so many boards :)

On Jul 15, 8:32 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> We are shipping them as fast as we can. I cannot comment on where you are in
> the line waiting because I do not know. Last count DK had 430 orders
> pending. We shipped 150 on Monday and hope to ship 100 more tomorrow. We
> expect to ramp to 300 next week and 500 the next.
>
> Gerald

Gerald Coley

Jul 15, 2009, 11:43:57 PM7/15/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
So far well over 7000 have been shipped. We had a vendor issue that shut us down for 3 weeks. Once you shut down the line it takes a while to get it running full steam again. But, we are back up and running now!

Gerald

Leandro Gentili

Jul 16, 2009, 12:53:07 AM7/16/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Gerald,

>So far well over 7000 have been shipped. We had a vendor issue that shut us down for 3 weeks. Once you shut down the line it takes a while to get it running full steam again. But, we are back up and running now!

Nice to hear that!!

You can go further with this successful Beagleboard's "style" (it's all about community....). I'm sure about this been a real milestone in the embedded industry and SoC+Linux history, you can compare it with what Microchip have done with the MCUs in the 90's.

Keep doing this great work,

Leandro
> > response, :(<br

Abhinayak

Jul 23, 2009, 6:33:45 PM7/23/09
to Beagle Board
I had ordered it yesterday and checked with the online chat rep for
digikey. I was told they are showing a lead time of 19weeks!

Abhinayak

On Jul 15, 8:43 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> So far well over 7000 have been shipped. We had a vendor issue that shut us
> down for 3 weeks. Once you shut down the line it takes a while to get it
> running full steam again. But, we are back up and running now!
>
> Gerald

James Austin

Jul 23, 2009, 7:04:36 PM7/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I ordered mine on July 2nd and received an email from digikey this afternoon saying they shipped it.

Jim
--
Please update my email address
in your address book to:

Gerald Coley

Jul 23, 2009, 7:06:10 PM7/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
We will ship 480 boards by tomorrow and 330 next week. That will clear the entire back order at DigiKey. Using my TI calculator, I cannot get that to add up to 19 weeks no matter how hard I try.

Please do not let the way that D/K is used to dealing with resistors and capacitors reflect on the reality of the Beagle production. They know the story but for whatever reason their system can't handle partial shipments. All they can handle is when the entire order is completed.

If you want to know the story, ask me. I am Beagle production. So, to summarize, again, the lead time is NOT 19 weeks!!!!!!

Gerald

Gerald Coley

Jul 23, 2009, 7:06:39 PM7/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
See. I told you so.

Gerald

Philip Balister

Jul 23, 2009, 7:39:15 PM7/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Gerald Coley<ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> We will ship 480 boards by tomorrow and 330 next week. That will clear the
> entire back order at DigiKey. Using my TI calculator, I cannot get that to
> add up to 19 weeks no matter how hard I try.

Obviously, you need to use a HP calculator :)

Philip, HP-11C user

Gerald Coley

Jul 23, 2009, 8:05:59 PM7/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I did it all in my head, but I didn't want to brag!

Gerald

Kiam Peng Wee

Jul 23, 2009, 11:30:07 PM7/23/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Gerald Coley<ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> We will ship 480 boards by tomorrow and 330 next week. That will clear the
> entire back order at DigiKey. Using my TI calculator, I cannot get that to
> add up to 19 weeks no matter how hard I try.

Great to hear that! I want to order many more!

> Please do not let the way that D/K is used to dealing with resistors and
> capacitors reflect on the reality of the Beagle production. They know the
> story but for whatever reason their system can't handle partial shipments.
> All they can handle is when the entire order is completed.

yes, it's weird, i tagged along some other components with the
beagleboard order. and those components got stuck in the same ship. :>

> If you want to know the story, ask me. I am Beagle production. So, to
> summarize, again, the lead time is NOT 19 weeks!!!!!!

It must be great to be getting the boards out. else it feels constipated right?

anyway, congrats to getting them out again.

KP

Vladimir Pantelic

Jul 24, 2009, 6:06:32 AM7/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Gerald Coley wrote:
> We will ship 480 boards by tomorrow and 330 next week. That will clear
> the entire back order at DigiKey. Using my TI calculator, I cannot get
> that to add up to 19 weeks no matter how hard I try.
> Please do not let the way that D/K is used to dealing with resistors and
> capacitors reflect on the reality of the Beagle production. They know
> the story but for whatever reason their system can't handle partial
> shipments. All they can handle is when the entire order is completed.
> If you want to know the story, ask me. I am Beagle production. So, to
> summarize, again, the lead time is NOT 19 weeks!!!!!!

Gerald, there is only one solution, you need to post a daily mail here,
saying:

"everything is fine, D/K is wrong, go order, be happy, peace for all"

Koen Kooi

Jul 24, 2009, 6:24:15 AM7/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 24 jul 2009, om 12:06 heeft Vladimir Pantelic het volgende
geschreven:

A good use for the blink tag in html mail :)

regards,

Koen

PGP.sig

Robert P. J. Day

Jul 24, 2009, 6:25:06 AM7/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

no, not HTML mail. please. i was going to suggest that someone
official register a twitter account for the BB but, sadly, some
private person already grabbed that twitter name. darn.

rday

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday
"Kernel Newbie Corner" column @ linux.com: http://cli.gs/WG6WYX

Jason Kridner

Jul 24, 2009, 12:02:01 PM7/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

i try to put #beagleboard on all my BeagleBoard tweets.  i can start sending tweets whenever Gerald has something important to say.  my twitter is http://twitter.com/jadon.

On Jul 24, 2009 5:27 AM, "Robert P. J. Day" <rpj...@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Koen Kooi wrote: > > Op 24 jul 2009, om 12:06 heeft Vladimir Pantelic het vol...

 no, not HTML mail.  please.  i was going to suggest that someone
official register a twitter account for the BB but, sadly, some
private person already grabbed that twitter name.  darn.

rday

Robert P. J. Day                               Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Web page:                                          http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter:                                       http://twitter.com/rpjday
"Kernel Newbie Corner" column @ linux.com:          http://cli.gs/WG6WYX

Sean Pushckor

Jul 28, 2009, 7:38:51 PM7/28/09
to Beagle Board
Just to let you guys know, My beagleboard shipped today the 28th of
July, and i ordered on the 10th of July, just to give you guys some
perspective

- Sean

On Jul 24, 9:02 am, Jason Kridner <jkrid...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> i try to put #beagleboard on all my BeagleBoard tweets.  i can start sending
> tweets whenever Gerald has something important to say.  my twitter ishttp://twitter.com/jadon.

Gerald Coley

Jul 28, 2009, 7:40:18 PM7/28/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
For additional perspective, that time will shorten over the next week or so.

Gerald

Kiam Peng Wee

Jul 28, 2009, 10:11:48 PM7/28/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
hi folks,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM, Sean Pushckor<thedu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to let you guys know, My beagleboard shipped today the 28th of
> July, and i ordered on the 10th of July, just to give you guys some
> perspective

i ordered on 13th july. it started shipping 28th.

KP