s-video on beagleboard

arun kalmanje

Jun 21, 2010, 12:54:01 AM6/21/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I am facing trouble getting s-video out to work properly on beagleboard

My setup
2.6.29 kernel the stable branch
Ubuntu distro
X server
omapfb display driver configured in xorg.conf

At u-boot
1) See colored display
2)  When I set omapfb.mode=tv:ntsc -- I see colored "beagleboard.org" displayed when kernel boots, but the X server later fails to initialize and hence gets killed
3) When I set omapfb.mode=tv:1024x768-16@60  -- I see "beagleboard.org" displayed in greyscale when kernel boots, and later X server also initializes fine. However the display is only in greyscale.

I think the issue is related to frequency or some other minor settings.

Can some one pls. list out the bootargs to be set for S-video display for Pal and ntsc tv's

Thanks
Arun

arun kalmanje

Jun 21, 2010, 5:09:40 AM6/21/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
got s-video working. posting setting changes for everybody benefit..

in uboot set the following in kernel command line..i.e bootargs.

omapfb.mode=tv:ntsc
omapdss.def_disp=tv

and comment out the Driver "omapfb" and "fb" /dev/fb0 in xorg.conf.
looks like X server reconfigures the fb and that messes up everything else..

I do not have a pal tv. Can someone confirm if things work smoothly on a Pal Tv just by changing the omafb.mode=tv:pal.

-Arun