Availability of xM On Digi-Key

Robert L Cochran

Jun 5, 2010, 10:38:34 AM6/5/10
to Beagle Board
Will I be able to order the Beagleboard xM through Digi-Key on Monday?

Thanks

Bob Cochran

Jason Kridner

Jun 5, 2010, 11:24:07 AM6/5/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Robert L Cochran
<coch...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Will I be able to order the Beagleboard xM through Digi-Key on Monday?

I believe so, yes. However, we currently appear to be limited by the
number of available working 512MB memories, so supplies are likely to
run out quickly on Monday. I wish I knew some better suggestion than
to keep refreshing the order page, but I plan to update the
availability status with any new information at:

http://beagleboard.org/buyxM

Gerald, please check that I've worded things accurately on the page! :-)

Robert Nelson

Jun 5, 2010, 11:26:41 AM6/5/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Probally give or take a few days...

I've had good luck finding new stuff shortly after midnight (central
standard time)..

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?&KeyWords=beagle

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

Søren Steen Christensen

Jun 5, 2010, 11:35:13 AM6/5/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Does this the link just send my Robert show a Beagle-XM at Digikey? Likewise
goes for the link "Digi-Key BeagleBoard-xM product purchase page"
(http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?PName?Name=296%2D25798
%2DND&Site=US&Lang=EN) from http://beagleboard.org/buyxM. Hitting any of
these (from Europe) just gives me the normal BeagleBoard or a "Part not
found." message from Digikey...

Back to the old Exporting out of US issue (which as well hits the Chronos
kit at Digikey for the moment :-))

Best regards
Søren

---
SSC Solutions ApS - Denmark - www.ssc-solutions.dk

> --

> 06/05/10 08:25:00

Robert Nelson

Jun 5, 2010, 11:38:50 AM6/5/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Søren Steen Christensen
<li...@ssc-solutions.dk> wrote:
> Does this the link just send my Robert show a Beagle-XM at Digikey? Likewise
> goes for the link "Digi-Key BeagleBoard-xM product purchase page"
> (http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?PName?Name=296%2D25798
> %2DND&Site=US&Lang=EN) from http://beagleboard.org/buyxM. Hitting any of
> these (from Europe) just gives me the normal BeagleBoard or a "Part not
> found." message from Digikey...

What you are seeing is correct... The part number will be enabled when
it's available for order/preorder/etc..

> Back to the old Exporting out of US issue (which as well hits the Chronos
> kit at Digikey for the moment :-))
>
> Best regards
>  Søren

Regards,

Robert L Cochran

Jun 6, 2010, 9:32:07 PM6/6/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Okay, so let me be clear....Mouser is not going to be offering the xM
for order? I got my Revision C4 from them.

I have not ordered from Digi-Key in a long time because they had an
order minimum and also the shipping times involved. They might as well
ship by floating the package downstream in the Mississippi River. Or
maybe by putting it on a steamboat. UPS Ground from Thief River Falls,
Minnesota seemed to take just forever.

Bob

Gerald Coley

Jun 6, 2010, 10:14:23 PM6/6/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
So, let's be clear. ALL distributors that decide to sell the -xM and go so far as to place an order can distribute  the -xM. We will not be shipping  the -xM untill the end of the mionth.

Gerald