camera interface

chandu

Nov 10, 2009, 5:25:15 AM11/10/09
to Beagle Board
hi,
what are the different cameras available for beagle board .for
which we are provided drivers with.please mention us with the
information of the camera specification also.

thanking you.

chandu

Nov 10, 2009, 4:32:59 AM11/10/09
to Beagle Board
Hi everybody,
can anyone please tell me the set of cameras that
are compatible for the board with available device drivers.please
reply this query as soon as possible.

thanking you sir,

Gerald Coley

Nov 10, 2009, 8:44:55 AM11/10/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Only USB cameras are supported on the Beagle. The camera interface is not exposed.

Gerald

Deepak Patil

Nov 11, 2009, 6:07:24 AM11/11/09
to Beagle Board
When I connect a USB camera, it does not seem to be working.
Where do I look to troubleshoot? dmesg? What messages should I look
for there?

thanks in advance.

On Nov 10, 8:44 am, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> Only USB cameras are supported on the Beagle. The camera interface is not
> exposed.
>
> Gerald
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 4:25 AM, chandu <pullelachandrasek...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > hi,
> >    what are the different cameras available for beagle board .for
> > which we are provided drivers with.please mention us with the
> > information of the camera specification also.
>
> > thanking you.
>
> > --

> > .

djlewis

Nov 11, 2009, 9:06:18 PM11/11/09
to Beagle Board
dmesg | tail -- will list what was detected when the webcam is
plugged in.
lsusb -- should show the device id and description if it was
picked up.
lsmod -- should show the modules associated with the device.

if it is a UVC model camera you may need to load the uvcdriver
modprobe uvcvideo --- unplug then replug the webcam and look again
using the above.

I believe uvcvideo comes with kernel-module-uvcvideo

look for something similar:
------------------------Device Stats
BeagleBoard---------------------------
root@beagle:~# dmesg | tail
usb 1-1.4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Linux video capture interface: v2.00
gspca: main v2.4.0 registered
gspca: probing 046d:08af
zc3xx: probe 2wr ov vga 0x0000
zc3xx: probe sensor -> 11
zc3xx: Find Sensor HV7131R(c)
gspca: probe ok
usbcore: registered new interface driver zc3xx
zc3xx: registered
root@beagle:~#

------------------------Device Stats
BeagleBoard---------------------------
Linux beagle 2.6.28-omap1 #1 Tue Mar 24 18:57:27 CET 2009 armv7l GNU/
Linux
lsusb (BeagleBoard)
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 046d:08af Logitech, Inc.

root@beagle:~/test# lsmod
Module Size Used by
gspca_zc3xx 45984 0
gspca_main 22816 1 gspca_zc3xx
videodev 31616 1 gspca_main
v4l1_compat 14308 1 videodev

Don Lewis

Deepak Patil

Nov 13, 2009, 4:56:34 PM11/13/09
to Beagle Board
When I conenct my cam, I get following messages in dmesg ->

usb 1-2.4: new full speed USB device using ehci-omap and address 5
usb 1-2.4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

but lsmod does not report anything.
I'm using a Micro Innovations PC camera model: IC200C
lsusb reports as follows, (Device 005 is the camera) ->

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0409:0058 NEC Corp. HighSpeed Hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 05af:0802 Jing-Mold Enterprise Co., Ltd
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c002 Logitech, Inc. M-BA47 [MouseMan Plus]
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0461:0a00 Primax Electronics, Ltd
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002

How do I know if this camera is working?

Doug

Nov 14, 2009, 1:28:19 AM11/14/09
to Beagle Board
Gerald,

What would it take to expose the camera interface? Will that be
enabled in the next version of the beagleboard? Considering that omap
is such a powerful camera platform (including nice dsp's) the omission
of serial camera support is a serious hindrance.

If not on the upcoming 3730 version, how about omap 4 bb?

On Nov 10, 6:44 am, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> Only USB cameras are supported on the Beagle. The camera interface is not
> exposed.
>
> Gerald
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 4:25 AM, chandu <pullelachandrasek...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >    what are the different cameras available for beagle board .for
> > which we are provided drivers with.please mention us with the
> > information of the camera specification also.
>
> > thanking you.
>
> > --

> > .

Gerald Coley

Nov 14, 2009, 8:42:51 AM11/14/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The 3730 version coming out in Q2 of next year will have a camera connector on it..

Gerald

Deepak Patil

Nov 14, 2009, 9:32:59 AM11/14/09
to Beagle Board
Is there a way to capture picture from Angstrom on Beagleboard and see
if the camera is working?
what program could be used for that?

> >  > > .

djlewis