SmartReflex on beagleboard

g1011999

Dec 9, 2009, 3:21:51 AM12/9/09
to Beagle Board
I just read some document from Ti, and found something interest
related to SmartReflex on Omap35X series..
It seems we can enable smartreflex by setting DC_GLOBAL_CFG
register...
I don't know if that work on beagle board..

The TPS659xx family of devices supports Class3 SmartReflex. This
provides dynamic voltage
management for two DCDC switching supplies (VDD1 and VDD2) powering
the OMAP3 core supplies,
VDD_MPU and VDD_CORE. This hardware technique provides excellent power
savings.

SmartReflex is disabled by default. It can be enabled by setting the
DC-to-DC_GLOBAL_CFG[SMARTREFLEX_ENABLE] bit to 1.

Further control of the voltage level can be done by configuring the
VDD1_SR_CONTROL and VDD2_SR_CONTROL registers.

The communication for SmartReflex commands is done through the
dedicated I2C interface (I2C4 on OMAP35xx and I2C.SR on TPS659xx).

The OMAP35xx processor acts as the master controller for adjusting the
VDD1 and VDD2 power supplies on TPS659xx.

This technique yields the maximum power savings on the system.

http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/lit/getliterature.tsp?literatureNumber=swcu056b&fileType=pdf

Quist

Dec 9, 2009, 8:30:42 AM12/9/09
to Beagle Board