[Announce] OMAP U-Boot-Utils project started

Nishanth Menon

Aug 28, 2008, 1:03:22 AM8/28/08
to Dist-BeagleBoard
Hi Folks,

Just thought to let folks know of OMAP U-Boot Utils: a bunch of utils to
support u-boot.

Motivation:
------------------
Traditionally U-Boot has worked with terminal applications such as
minicom/ hyperterminal/ ckermit etc. However,

* These applications don't work out fine when we think of automating
these as part of scripts or the like.
* Many corporations use a mixture of Operating Systems at work.
Common applications functioning similarly across host Operating Systems
are sadly lacking.

With the bunch of utilities in this project, am hoping to bridge these
gaps. We can create wrappers on top of these utilities, allowing us to
potentially have scripted interfaces or even GUI, or IDE integration!

Hosting Notes:
------------------------
OMAP-U-Boot-Utils is hosted at in part at two places:

* Source Code hosting: Git Hub
http://github.com/nmenon/omap-u-boot-utils/
* Binaries and Documentation: code.google.com -
http://code.google.com/p/omap-u-boot-utils/

Do check out the auto generated documentation here:
http://omap-u-boot-utils.googlecode.com/files/omap-u-boot-utils-refman.pdf

Do let me know your opinions, suggestions, fixes etc.. ;)

Thanks and Regards,
Nishanth Menon