[beagleboard] Flashed uboot and beagleboard wont start anymore

Woutch

May 7, 2010, 2:47:48 AM5/7/10
to Beagle Board
Dear All,

Yesterday I have flashed my beagleboard REV C4 with the latest uboot
from the demo image from angstrom.
For the scripts I used the ones from the beagleboard validation page
for rev C4 and older. (boot.scr, ...)

Now when I start the beagleboard it loads the new uboot from nand but
halts at the following line.
I2C: Ready
Then nothing. I believe normally then comes something from 256MB RAM,
but it stops at the I2C line.

I tried to downgrade the uboot but It will not launch from my SD card.
I powered the beagleboard with the usr button pressed, but it still
loads the new uboot from NAND.

Anyone have an Idea why my beagleboard hangs at the I2C line or how
tho start from my SD-card?

I have formatted it in windows 7 (had no linux available). Or do I
need to use an MMC card instead of SD?

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,
Wouter

Koen Kooi

May 7, 2010, 3:15:35 AM5/7/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 7 mei 2010, om 08:47 heeft Woutch het volgende geschreven:

> Dear All,
>
> Yesterday I have flashed my beagleboard REV C4 with the latest uboot
> from the demo image from angstrom.]

You also need to update your MLO. Scroll down to the bottom of http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/ for instructions.

regards,

Koen

Wouter Verstraeten

May 7, 2010, 3:30:14 AM5/7/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks,

But then I still have the problem that it won't boot form the SD-card, so I cannot interact with the beagleboard.
It alway gets stuck at. Loading uboot from nand and then I2C: Ready and hangs.

Best regards,
Wouter

Koen Kooi

May 7, 2010, 3:36:27 AM5/7/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 7 mei 2010, om 09:30 heeft Wouter Verstraeten het volgende geschreven:

> Ok, thanks,
>
> But then I still have the problem that it won't boot form the SD-card, so I cannot interact with the beagleboard.
> It alway gets stuck at. Loading uboot from nand and then I2C: Ready and hangs.

Try holding the USER button while resetting and/or format the card using http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/contrib/angstrom/omap3-mkcard.sh

regards,

Koen

Wouter Verstraeten

May 8, 2010, 1:03:21 PM5/8/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Koen,

Thanks for the help, formatted an mmc card under linux and I was able to flash nand with the latest MLO.

Beagleboard is working fine again.