HDMI Overscan problem

Ashok Babu

May 16, 2011, 5:06:13 AM5/16/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Does anyone know, how to fix the overscan problem in the 32' LCD TV ?
I am using the latest ubuntu-Natty-11.04 in my beagleboard-XM connected to the 32" LCD TV(Panasonic).

I tried all googling, but no luck :(, as I am new to the graphics part.

Thanks
Ashok

Vladimir Pantelic

May 16, 2011, 5:13:06 AM5/16/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

1) tell your TV to not do overscan

or

2) tell your OS to not use all the screen pixels, but to leave a border
around the edges...

Ashok

May 17, 2011, 3:10:33 AM5/17/11
to Beagle Board

> 1) tell your TV to not do overscan
>
> or
>
> 2) tell your OS to not use all the screen pixels, but to leave a border
>     around the edges...

I tried looking for options in TV ..but I couldn't see any such to
stop overscan.

Ok and with OS, can you please suggest the options for X to set from
Ubuntu ?

Vladimir Pantelic

May 17, 2011, 4:11:58 AM5/17/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

David Freeman

Feb 26, 2013, 5:40:17 PM2/26/13
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I am waiting to load Super Jumbo OS to see if it resolves the overscan.  I will post when I load the OS.

On Monday, February 25, 2013 2:34:10 PM UTC-8, David Freeman wrote:
I have the same overscan issue using a LED computer monitor with a DVI connector and a DVI to HDMI cable to my Beagleboard xM.  How can one set the video out on the Beagleboard? I cannot read the top or bottom or either side of the screen.  I'm using the mSD that came with the board.