USB and serial download target code

Dirk Behme

Apr 23, 2008, 3:30:58 PM4/23/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

In attachment there is some (example) target code you can download to
OMAP3. Using USB or serial bootrom download, it will let blink user
LEDs on BeagleBoard. Let us use this as a starting point for a
download/flash utility.

Many thanks to Nishanth Menon for debugging this code and Gerald Coley
for the LED hint!

Dirk

P.S.: PC side utilities:

- Serial:

http://www.omapzoom.org/pub/bootloader/serial-boot.tar.gz

http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/80ad3da0eb2aa555

(not working yet)

- USB:

http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/2b9e99886bb7a747

omap3_target.tar.bz2

Jason Kridner

Apr 24, 2008, 12:06:00 AM4/24/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Dirk,

I suggest creating projects on code.google.com to host these little
projects and using the tag 'beagleboard'. Several of them can be
lumped together, but it would be nice to be able to evolve some of
these utilities over time. Other hosting options are fine as well,
but something a little less static than an attachment might be handy.
Then again, it might be just right--just wanting to hear your thoughts.

Regards,
Jason

> <omap3_target.tar.bz2>

Dirk Behme

Apr 24, 2008, 12:31:32 PM4/24/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Jason Kridner wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> I suggest creating projects on code.google.com to host these little
> projects and using the tag 'beagleboard'. Several of them can be
> lumped together, but it would be nice to be able to evolve some of
> these utilities over time. Other hosting options are fine as well,
> but something a little less static than an attachment might be handy.

Yes!

I'm unsure what is better though:

A new code.google.com project or just upload it to

http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard/downloads/list

and then add a link to

http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard/wiki/BeagleSourceCode

?

What do you think?

Dirk

Btw: Just saw it, many thanks for adding me as a project member :)

Nishanth Menon

Apr 24, 2008, 12:47:20 PM4/24/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Dirk Behme <dirk....@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm unsure what is better though:
> A new code.google.com project or just upload it to
> http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard/downloads/list
> and then add a link to
> http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard/wiki/BeagleSourceCode
How about:
An BeagleUtils Project with SVN capability would be ok.. git
interface: better!!! the git interface seems to be gitweb.. not the
git tree with http and git:// access.. every time we put a tag on the
utils.. package the stuff and put it in BeagleSourceCode site.

Regards,
Nishanth Menon