How to configure the Telnet Daemon for Angstrom

bill

Feb 2, 2009, 3:14:26 PM2/2/09
to Beagle Board
I tried 'opkg install telnetd', but it just gives an error. Has got
the telnetd running?

Thanks,
Bill

Koen Kooi

Feb 2, 2009, 3:17:54 PM2/2/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 2 feb 2009, om 21:14 heeft bill het volgende geschreven:

> I tried 'opkg install telnetd', but it just gives an error. Has got
> the telnetd running?

you want 'netkit-telnet' for telnet stuff, but why not use ssh? The
dropbear ssh daemon is installed by default.

regards,

Koen

PGP.sig

Bill Davidheiser

Feb 2, 2009, 4:37:46 PM2/2/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Koen. Good point on ssh. But when I try to use an ssh client
(Putty on port#22) it times out. I see that Dropbear is running and
from the config file it is listening on port 22. Is there some sort of
firewall that is causing Angstrom to block the port? From the
beagleboard, I can access the network with no problem.

Bill

Bill Davidheiser

Feb 2, 2009, 4:50:54 PM2/2/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Btw, Looks to be a windows issue ... I can ssh from a linux box with no issues.

Bill