custom kernel and angstrom dist.

pete c

Jul 31, 2008, 11:27:08 AM7/31/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Id like to build a custom beagleboard kernel from source and run Keon's angstrom distribution on top of this custom kernel.

should i be applying koen patches to the following
git clone git://source.mvista.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git

and if so where are those patches
or are there any better suggestions for doing this?
pete.

Dirk Behme

Jul 31, 2008, 12:24:59 PM7/31/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Above linux-omap tree is the basis for kernel we currently work on.
Once Tony (linux-omap maintainer) is back from vacation, we will send
our beagle kernel patches to the linux-omap list for inclusion. Until
then, there are several options how to get a kernel with most recent
beagle patches:

- Use koen's OE build environment and build kernel with koen's patches
within this

- Use above linux omap git an apply beagle patches manually. One list
of patches you get e.g. from koen's OE git:

http://gitweb.openembedded.net/?p=org.openembedded.dev.git;a=tree;f=packages/linux/linux-omap2-git/beagleboard;h=1dd2c87fcc48a3e2c85966a2aad9da8f4724dc6d;hb=606f7f8dac948f09abda0385b473276be7a1e4a2

- Use Steve's git clone of linux-omap

http://www.sakoman.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-omap-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/omap3

This is a clone of source.mvista.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git with some
beagle patches already applied.

The patches used by Koen and Steve might be different, though.

Regards

Dirk

pete c

Jul 31, 2008, 12:47:07 PM7/31/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Where is Koen's OE build environment located?

Philip Balister

Jul 31, 2008, 1:13:04 PM7/31/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:47 PM, pete c <prcha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Where is Koen's OE build environment located?

Basically, folllow :

http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/Getting_Started

with MACHINE ="beagleboard"

then bitbake console-image and beagleboard-demo-image

the results are in tmp/deploy/glibc/images/beagleboard (that might not
be quite right).

Philip

Dirk Behme

Aug 1, 2008, 2:34:07 AM8/1/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

pete c

Aug 1, 2008, 11:54:08 AM8/1/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Dirk,

is it possible to send me those kernel patches you mentioned below, id like to apply them and build a beagle kernel with them.

In particular im trying to get alsa audio support working.
I tried one of sakoman's kernel snapshots but arecord and aplay crash.

thanks Pete.

Steve Sakoman

Aug 1, 2008, 1:18:37 PM8/1/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Pete,

I've finally been able to reproduce those alsa crashes. I'll be
working on finding & fixing the bug over the next day or two.

Sorry about the wasted time.

Steve

Dirk Behme

Aug 2, 2008, 12:46:20 AM8/2/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
pete c wrote:
> Dirk,
>
> is it possible to send me those kernel patches you mentioned below, id
> like to apply them and build a beagle kernel with them.

You should be able to get the patches Koen uses by using the blob &
raw links at the right side of the link I gave below

Dirk