BB xM audio output port problem

ayunus

Apr 13, 2011, 9:41:42 AM4/13/11
to Beagle Board
Hi
I am using 2.6.38 kernel with ubuntu-desktop . On audio output port,
no signal. I can not get any sound for a .wav file and also from the
sound preferences menu, when test the hardware no sound output again.
Is there any settings to fix it ?

Robert Nelson

Apr 13, 2011, 10:26:51 AM4/13/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

It should be fixed with:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~beagleboard-kernel/+junk/2.6-stable/revision/189

Can you verify, build and test it for us

bzr branch lp:~beagleboard-kernel/+junk/2.6-stable

cd 2.6-stable

./build_kernel.sh

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

ahmet bay

Apr 14, 2011, 11:56:48 AM4/14/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

hi
When I build the patch, that the script build_kernel.sh is processing, the electricty was cut off  and the BB restarted, so the changes was not implemented. Can I continue from the corrupted point to build or will I start scratch from ?

Robert Nelson

Apr 14, 2011, 12:01:08 PM4/14/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:56 AM, ahmet bay <ayunus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi
> When I build the patch, that the script build_kernel.sh is processing, the
> electricty was cut off  and the BB restarted, so the changes was not
> implemented.

Build it on an x86 instead, it should take more then 15mins, vs the
5-6 hours on the beagleboard..

>Can I continue from the corrupted point to build or will I
> start scratch from ?

Not easily, the script is designed to make sure you get a good build,
no matter what.. So it always starts from a fresh start..

ahmet bay

Apr 15, 2011, 3:09:24 AM4/15/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I have compiled the package on x86 with cross-compiler. An in the 2.6-stable directory, there are theese files and directories. What will I do after this point ?

 build_deb.sh
 build_kernel.sh
 create_dsp_package.sh
 create_sgx_package_2.6.37.sh
 create_sgx_package.sh
 deploy
dl
KERNEL
patches
 patch.sh
readme.txt
system.sh
system.sh.sample
tools
 version.sh

Robert Nelson

Apr 15, 2011, 9:09:13 AM4/15/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 2:09 AM, ahmet bay <ayunus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have compiled the package on x86 with cross-compiler. An in the 2.6-stable
> directory, there are theese files and directories. What will I do after this
> point ?
>
>  build_deb.sh
>  build_kernel.sh
>  create_dsp_package.sh
>  create_sgx_package_2.6.37.sh
>  create_sgx_package.sh
>  deploy

Copy the uImage and modules from the "deploy" directory.

ahmet bay

Apr 15, 2011, 10:33:11 AM4/15/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Copy to where ?
 deploy directory consists
2.6.38.2-x1.2-headers.tar.gz  2.6.38.2-x1.2-modules.tar.gz  2.6.38.2-x1.2.uImage  headers  mod

modules in the directory of mod/lib  is it right ?

I could not understand how can I fix the audio problem after this point ?

Robert Nelson

Apr 15, 2011, 10:52:51 AM4/15/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:33 AM, ahmet bay <ayunus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Copy to where ?

To the mmc card you boot your beagle with, where else where you thinking?

>  deploy directory consists
> 2.6.38.2-x1.2-headers.tar.gz  2.6.38.2-x1.2-modules.tar.gz
> 2.6.38.2-x1.2.uImage  headers  mod

2.6.38.2-x1.2.uImage goes to the "boot" partitions as "uImage"

sudo cp -v ./deploy/2.6.38.2-x1.2.uImage <mounted ocation of mmc fatfs
partition>/uImage

2.6.38.2-x1.2-modules.tar.gz is the matching modules.. Need to be
untarred to the "rootfs"

sudo tar xfv ./deploy/2.6.38.2-x1.2-modules.tar.gz -C <mounted ocation
of mmc rootfs partition>/

ahmet bay

Apr 15, 2011, 11:04:35 AM4/15/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
That is, I will format the mmc card and will copy the image files scracth from. But I want to fix the problem on my working system, is it impossible ?

Robert Nelson

Apr 15, 2011, 11:06:00 AM4/15/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:04 AM, ahmet bay <ayunus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That is, I will format the mmc card and will copy the image files scracth
> from. But I want to fix the problem on my working system, is it impossible ?

There is no reason to 're-format' the mmc.. just copy the uImage and
modules to your current working mmc card...

ahmet bay

Apr 22, 2011, 3:08:15 AM4/22/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I have copied the files to uSD card but not fixed audio output