Beagle bootloaders

ayunus

Mar 12, 2011, 9:33:59 AM3/12/11
to Beagle Board
Hi,

Can we use different bootloders like barebox instead of u-boot for
BBs ? -not need just wondering-

Best Reagards
Ahmet

Jason Kridner

Mar 15, 2011, 4:45:03 PM3/15/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, March 12, 2011 9:33:59 AM UTC-5, ayunus wrote:
Hi,

Can we use different bootloders like barebox instead of u-boot for
BBs ? -not need just wondering-

Why wouldn't you be able to?  Barebox, Tianocore (UEFI), and many others work with the BeagleBoard.  It is possible to utilize configuration headers to eliminate the need for MLO and, theoretically, even eliminate any other bootloader outside of the device ROM code (if you patch Linux to include required boot config).

Best Reagards
Ahmet