New beagleboard demo image available

Koen Kooi

Mar 19, 2010, 9:51:11 AM3/19/10
to Beagle Board
There's a new Ångström demo image for beagleboard available :) It includes e17 as window manager, the abiword word processor, thegnumeric spreadsheet application, a NEON accelerated mplayer and the popular NEON accelerated omapfbplay which gives you fullscreen 720p decoding.

But the biggest addition is that the DSP accelerated gstreamer and SGX 3D demos are now included. To use the DSP, you need to add 'mem=99M@0x80000000 mem=128M@0x88000000' to bootargs, 3D works without any tweaking.

The http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard directory should contain all the files you need.

See the XorAs page ( http://www.xora.org.uk/2009/09/06/improved-omap3-card-formatter/ ) on how to setup your SD card to use all this goodness.

regards,

Koen

Robert P. J. Day

Mar 19, 2010, 9:55:10 AM3/19/10
to Beagle Board
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Koen Kooi wrote:

> There's a new Ångström demo image for beagleboard available :)

is this equivalent to what one gets when bitbaking a
beagleboard-demo-image?

rday

Koen Kooi

Mar 19, 2010, 9:59:55 AM3/19/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

No, this one is generated with narcissus with some more options (e.g. more gstreamer plugins, DSP tools, SGX stuff). The beagleboard-demo-image in OE doesn't include any of those restricted components.

regards,

Koen

Vladimir Pantelic

Mar 19, 2010, 10:02:19 AM3/19/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Koen Kooi wrote:

> Op 19 mrt 2010, om 14:55 heeft Robert P. J. Day het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>
>>> There's a new �ngstr�m demo image for beagleboard available :)

>> is this equivalent to what one gets when bitbaking a beagleboard-demo-image?
>
> No, this one is generated with narcissus with some more options (e.g. more gstreamer plugins, DSP tools, SGX stuff).
> The beagleboard-demo-image in OE doesn't include any of those restricted components.

how restricted are they, given that they are distributed in the abovementioned image?

Gary Thomas

Mar 19, 2010, 10:13:00 AM3/19/10
On 03/19/2010 07:59 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Op 19 mrt 2010, om 14:55 heeft Robert P. J. Day het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>
>>> There's a new �ngstr�m demo image for beagleboard available :)

>> is this equivalent to what one gets when bitbaking a
>> beagleboard-demo-image?
>
> No, this one is generated with narcissus with some more options (e.g. more gstreamer plugins, DSP tools, SGX stuff). The beagleboard-demo-image in OE doesn't include any of those restricted components.

So, how would one go about building such an image locally?
(not using the narcissus interface, just OE)??

Gary Thomas | Consulting for the
MLB Associates | Embedded world

Koen Kooi

Mar 19, 2010, 10:16:12 AM3/19/10
to Gary Thomas, beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 19 mrt 2010, om 15:13 heeft Gary Thomas het volgende geschreven:

> On 03/19/2010 07:59 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:

>>> is this equivalent to what one gets when bitbaking a
>>> beagleboard-demo-image?
>>
>> No, this one is generated with narcissus with some more options (e.g. more gstreamer plugins, DSP tools, SGX stuff). The beagleboard-demo-image in OE doesn't include any of those restricted components.
>
> So, how would one go about building such an image locally?
> (not using the narcissus interface, just OE)??

Basically, add 'libgles-omap3-x11demos gstreamer-ti gst-plugins-good-meta gst-plugins-base-meta' to beagleboard demo image in OE in the org.openembedded.dev branch.

regards,

Koen

Maxim Podbereznyi

Mar 19, 2010, 2:19:36 PM3/19/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Koen,

I need to rebuild the kernel to run this demo at my board. Can you explain me how to do this to get uImage-2.6.32-r67+gitr227037c2b6c28a632e0bffd2681445a61c7f84bc-beagleboard.bin?

regards,
Max

Koen Kooi

Mar 19, 2010, 2:27:14 PM3/19/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 19 mrt 2010, om 19:19 heeft Maxim Podbereznyi het volgende geschreven:

> Dear Koen,
>
> I need to rebuild the kernel to run this demo at my board. Can you explain me how to do this to get uImage-2.6.32-r67+gitr227037c2b6c28a632e0bffd2681445a61c7f84bc-beagleboard.bin?

Sure, build the kernel using this branch: http://gitorious.org/angstrom/openembedded/commits/ti/staging

That should have gotten merged into .dev weeks ago, but internal testing in TI has hit some non-technical roadblocks.

regards,

Koen

Koen Kooi

Mar 19, 2010, 2:27:37 PM3/19/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, Vladimir Pantelic

Op 19 mrt 2010, om 15:02 heeft Vladimir Pantelic het volgende geschreven:

> Koen Kooi wrote:

>>> is this equivalent to what one gets when bitbaking a beagleboard-demo-image?
>>
>> No, this one is generated with narcissus with some more options (e.g. more gstreamer plugins, DSP tools, SGX stuff).
>> The beagleboard-demo-image in OE doesn't include any of those restricted components.
>
> how restricted are they, given that they are distributed in the abovementioned image?

They are restricted downloads. See the respective licenses of the sgx and dsp components for the exact terms.

regards,

Koen

alcatraz

Mar 20, 2010, 9:11:25 AM3/20/10
to Beagle Board
Posted on the blog too...thanks for the update. Been running it since
morning, a few issues & some good things straight out-of-the-box :

* The system is noticeably slower/less responsive than the previous
stable demo image somehow.
* Wireless (belkin) works out of the box yay !
* Abiword doesn't work. libwv-1.2 libray issue (missing file error)
* The Applications menu (by left clicking on the desktop) isn't
populated ? Had to use terminal to launch programs.
* Sound & video (fullscreen) work out of the box. However in the
previous image it was posiible to use alsamixer to just increase the
PCM levels to increase volume...but this time around alsamixer is
filled with quite a few options...couldn't make sense out of them.
Probable related with the Pulsaudio update.

Anyway, I am enjoying it so far ! :)

Koen Kooi

Mar 21, 2010, 5:29:19 AM3/21/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 20 mrt 2010, om 14:11 heeft alcatraz het volgende geschreven:

> Posted on the blog too...thanks for the update. Been running it since
> morning, a few issues & some good things straight out-of-the-box :
>
> * The system is noticeably slower/less responsive than the previous
> stable demo image somehow.

We're still experimenting with various kernel options. I think we need to tweak scheduling, since microbenchmarks of seperate components show similar or better performance, but the overall experience seems slower.

> * Wireless (belkin) works out of the box yay !
> * Abiword doesn't work. libwv-1.2 libray issue (missing file error)

'opkg update ; opkg install abiword' should fix that, thanks for reporting!

> * The Applications menu (by left clicking on the desktop) isn't
> populated ? Had to use terminal to launch programs.

'opkg update ; opkg install e-wm-menu' or 'opkg update ; opkg install gnome-menus' should install a proper xdg applications.menu.

> * Sound & video (fullscreen) work out of the box. However in the
> previous image it was posiible to use alsamixer to just increase the
> PCM levels to increase volume...but this time around alsamixer is
> filled with quite a few options...couldn't make sense out of them.
> Probable related with the Pulsaudio update.

Actually it's the alsa SoC kernel driver that got changed :)

regards,

Koen

Koen Kooi

Mar 21, 2010, 10:36:59 AM3/21/10
to Gary Thomas, beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 21 mrt 2010, om 15:34 heeft Gary Thomas het volgende geschreven:

> This fails - can't find '/ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.9_setup_linux_x86.bin' on any
> of the listed download sites.
> ERROR: '/local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/openembedded/recipes/ti/ti-cgt6x-native_6.1.9.bb' failed

That's one of the restricted component, you need to download it from the TI website using your myTI login. Check the recipes/ti directory in OE where to get those from. If you're building from the ti/staging branch a lot of those restricted components are now downloadable without registration, but codegen is still restricted.

regards,

Koen

Gary Thomas

Mar 21, 2010, 10:34:40 AM3/21/10

Gary Thomas

Mar 22, 2010, 7:23:35 AM3/22/10
to Koen Kooi, beagl...@googlegroups.com
On 03/21/2010 08:36 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Op 21 mrt 2010, om 15:34 heeft Gary Thomas het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On 03/19/2010 08:16 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>>
>>> Op 19 mrt 2010, om 15:13 heeft Gary Thomas het volgende geschreven:

>>> Basically, add 'libgles-omap3-x11demos gstreamer-ti gst-plugins-good-meta gst-plugins-base-meta' to beagleboard demo image in OE in the org.openembedded.dev branch.
>>>

>> This fails - can't find '/ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.9_setup_linux_x86.bin' on any
>> of the listed download sites.
>> ERROR: '/local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/openembedded/recipes/ti/ti-cgt6x-native_6.1.9.bb' failed
>
> That's one of the restricted component, you need to download it from the TI website using your myTI login. Check the recipes/ti directory in OE where to get those from. If you're building from the ti/staging branch a lot of those restricted components are now downloadable without registration, but codegen is still restricted.

I followed the directions there (downloaded the various pieces
and put into my downloads directory), but it's still trying to
fetch them from non-existent places.

/local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/openembedded/recipes/ti/ti-cgt6x-native_6.1.9.bb, do_fetch)
NOTE: fetch http://install.source.dir.local/ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.9_setup_linux_x86.bin
NOTE: fetch http://mirrors.openembedded.org//ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.9_setup_linux_x86.bin
NOTE: fetch http://sources.openembedded.org//ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.9_setup_linux_x86.bin
NOTE: fetch http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/sources/ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.9_setup_linux_x86.bin
NOTE: Task failed: Fetch failed: http://install.source.dir.local/ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.9_setup_linux_x86.bin
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
ERROR: Build of /local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/openembedded/recipes/ti/ti-cgt6x-native_6.1.9.bb do_fetch failed
ERROR: Task 9614 (/local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/openembedded/recipes/ti/ti-cgt6x-native_6.1.9.bb, do_fetch) failed

In my local.conf, I have:
# Where to store sources
DL_DIR ?= "/work/misc/Poky/sources"

And the files are there:
[gary@thor Angstrom_BeagleBoard]$ ls /work/misc/Poky/sources/ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.9_setup_linux_x86.bin -l
-rw-rw-r-- 1 gary develop 77383796 Mar 21 15:46 /work/misc/Poky/sources/ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.9_setup_linux_x86.bin

Note: this process seemed to work fine for one of the other pieces, at least these
got through the download:
NOTE: 1: /local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/openembedded/recipes/ti/ti-xdais-native_6.23.bb, do_populate_staging (4263)
NOTE: 2: /local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/openembedded/recipes/ti/ti-xdctools-native_3.15.01.59.bb, do_unpack (3949)
NOTE: 3: /local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/openembedded/recipes/ti/ti-linuxutils_2.25.01.06.bb, do_compile (3958)

What's the difference? I did notice that the URL in the recipe for the
one that fails (ti-cgt6x-native) mentions a totally bogus path, but the
others use a real ti.com path. Perhaps this explains it?

Gary Thomas

Mar 22, 2010, 8:36:45 AM3/22/10
to Koen Kooi, beagl...@googlegroups.com

Also, this fails:
ERROR: '/local/Angstrom_BeagleBoard/openembedded/recipes/ti/ti-codecs-omap3530_1.01.bb' failed
version cs1omap3530_setuplinux_1_00_01-42.bin seems to be no longer available.
The attached patch moves to cs1omap3530_setuplinux_1_00_01-44.bin which is current.

codec.patch

shriram chandra

Koen Kooi

Mar 22, 2010, 11:14:43 AM3/22/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 22 mrt 2010, om 16:13 heeft shriram chandra het volgende geschreven:

> i tried the rfs...i was able too boot but not able to login as my keyboard and usb r not detected....i havent updated the uimage i had used the old uimage,mlo and uboot.bin...is my problem due to this old images??

Yes

shriram chandra

Mar 22, 2010, 12:32:08 PM3/22/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
can i have link for latest MLO, uboot.bin and uimage...which supports usb keyboard and mouse for both angstorm n ubuntu

Koen Kooi

Mar 22, 2010, 1:04:50 PM3/22/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Try looking in the same directory as the demo image

Donald Brisson

Mar 22, 2010, 10:58:07 PM3/22/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Koen Kooi wrote:

> There's a new Ångström demo image for beagleboard available :)

Been playing with this tonight - first time successfully using an LCD with the Beagle.

Overall its pretty good - display responce seems a little slow but I have nothing to compare to so I'm not sure if this is normal.

I am getting an artifact in the top left corner, just a black box, again not sure if this is expected.

Performance of rdesktop is much better than expected!

Maxim Podbereznyi

Mar 23, 2010, 10:47:24 AM3/23/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys!

I connected C2 to Toshiba 1080 TV set with HDMI and try to see anything on the screen. I see nothing.

I did the following:

1) placed MLO, uboot and uImage marked 18-Mar-2010 from http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/ to a SD card
so, the board boots to the Angstrom print and login prompt

2) placed files from Angstrom-Beagleboard-demo-image-glibc-ipk-2010.3-beagleboard.rootfs.tar.bz2 to the second partition of the SD.

3) set bootargs as:

console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait mem=99M@0x80000000 mem=128M@0x88000000 mapfb.mode=dvi:1280x720MR-16@60
then
console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait mem=99M@0x80000000 mem=128M@0x88000000 mapfb.mode=dvi:1360x768MR-16@60
then
console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait mem=99M@0x80000000 mem=128M@0x88000000 mapfb.mode=dvi:1920x1080@24

In any case I got a black screen on the TV. Can anybody suggest the solution?

regards,
Max

Koen Kooi

Mar 23, 2010, 10:50:04 AM3/23/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 23 mrt 2010, om 15:47 heeft Maxim Podbereznyi het volgende geschreven:

> Hi guys!
>
> I connected C2 to Toshiba 1080 TV set with HDMI and try to see anything on the screen. I see nothing.
>
> I did the following:
>
> 1) placed MLO, uboot and uImage marked 18-Mar-2010 from http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/ to a SD card
> so, the board boots to the Angstrom print and login prompt
>
> 2) placed files from Angstrom-Beagleboard-demo-image-glibc-ipk-2010.3-beagleboard.rootfs.tar.bz2 to the second partition of the SD.
>
> 3) set bootargs as:

In uboot do:

nand erase 260000 20000 ; reset

and then only set resolution using 'dvimode', that avoids mistakes like spelling 'omapfb.mode' as 'mapfb.mode'.

regards,

Koen

林俊良

Mar 23, 2010, 10:53:27 AM3/23/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
2010/3/23 Maxim Podbereznyi <lisa...@gmail.com>

3) set bootargs as:

console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait mem=99M@0x80000000 mem=128M@0x88000000 mapfb.mode=dvi:1280x720MR-16@60
then
console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait mem=99M@0x80000000 mem=128M@0x88000000 mapfb.mode=dvi:1360x768MR-16@60
then
console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait mem=99M@0x80000000 mem=128M@0x88000000 mapfb.mode=dvi:1920x1080@24
Replace the
"mapfb.mode=....."
with
"omapfb.mode=dvi:1280x720MR-24@60 omapdss.def_disp=dvi"
then try it.

--
Best regards,
Goldie Lin, 林俊良.

Maxim Podbereznyi

Mar 23, 2010, 11:19:14 AM3/23/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
guys,

can you just copy here full bootargs arguments which 100% work with HDTV. I'm really stuck here :(

I didn't use mapfb.mode instead of omapfb. Notebook connected to BB doesn't have the Internet and I had to type by hands the bootargs string looking at it :)

Max

林俊良

Mar 23, 2010, 11:32:02 AM3/23/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
2010/3/23 Maxim Podbereznyi <lisa...@gmail.com>

guys,

can you just copy here full bootargs arguments which 100% work with HDTV. I'm really stuck here :(

I didn't use mapfb.mode instead of omapfb. Notebook connected to BB doesn't have the Internet and I had to type by hands the bootargs string looking at it :)

Max
board: devkit8000
LCD: 22" 1680x1050
SDHC with dual partitions (FAT32, EXT3)
1st FAT32 partition:
MLO: 1.41
u-boot.bin: 2009.11.1
uImage: 2.6.33-rc6
boot.scr:
setenv bootcmd 'mmc init; fatload mmc 0 80300000 uImage; bootm 80300000'
setenv bootargs 'console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext3 rw rootwait vram=12M omapdss.def_disp=dvi omapfb.mode=dvi:1440x900MR-24@60'
boot
2nd EXT3 partition:
rootfs: ubuntu-9.10-minimal-armel-1.1

Koen Kooi

Mar 23, 2010, 11:33:09 AM3/23/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The whole point is that you shouldn't be changing bootargs, but one of the helpervars instead

Maxim Podbereznyi

Mar 23, 2010, 12:13:11 PM3/23/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Koen,

can you give me an example? I want to understand everything clearly, so I would not have to ask anything from the community. May be you have some link with the description so I don't bother you.

Also I want to understand parameters regarding video mode. Where can I read about?

Max

Maxim Podbereznyi

Mar 26, 2010, 2:41:09 AM3/26/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Koen,

is it possible to run this demo with a RAM only 128M? What parameters should I use to enable DSP and SGX 3D demos?

I have a board with DDR 128M and 256M NAND

[...]

Björn Krombholz

Mar 26, 2010, 4:13:03 AM3/26/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Am 26.03.2010 07:41, schrieb Maxim Podbereznyi:
> is it possible to run this demo with a RAM only 128M? What parameters
> should I use to enable DSP and SGX 3D demos?
>
> I have a board with DDR 128M and 256M NAND

Yes, it is. I'm successfully running it on a B6 revision.

Just remove the "mem=128M@0x88000000" from bootargs and make sure you
don't start too many processes at the same time. Especially omapfbplay
seems to need a good chunk of memory.

I added a swapfile to the second partition to prevent crashing OOM
situations.

Siji Sunny

Mar 26, 2010, 5:39:48 AM3/26/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, Vladimir Pantelic

The Ti's SDK (SGX Lib) is under A non-disclosure agreement (NDA)

> regards,
>
> Koen
>
> --

Siji Sunny

Koen Kooi

Mar 26, 2010, 5:58:03 AM3/26/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 26 mrt 2010, om 10:39 heeft Siji Sunny het volgende geschreven:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Koen Kooi <ko...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
>>
>> Op 19 mrt 2010, om 15:02 heeft Vladimir Pantelic het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> Koen Kooi wrote:
>

>> They are restricted downloads. See the respective licenses of the sgx and dsp components for the exact terms.
>

> The Ti's SDK (SGX Lib) is under A non-disclosure agreement (NDA)

I think you're confusing it with the DDK

Maxim Podbereznyi

Mar 27, 2010, 10:33:09 AM3/27/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
USB keyboard is not always detected during boot up. Thanks God a mouse is well detected. A keyboard has to be physically removed and inserted back so the kernel could detect it.

Both kbd and mouse are connected to the same 4 ports USB HS hub..

2010/3/26 Koen Kooi <ko...@beagleboard.org>

Paul Menzel

Mar 27, 2010, 12:21:41 PM3/27/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Am Samstag, den 27.03.2010, 17:33 +0300 schrieb Maxim Podbereznyi:
> USB keyboard is not always detected during boot up. Thanks God a mouse
> is well detected. A keyboard has to be physically removed and inserted
> back so the kernel could detect it.
>
> Both kbd and mouse are connected to the same 4 ports USB HS hub..

I am too having problems with USB. My 4 port USB HS hub which worked
before on the BB and is working on my desktop PC and attached devices
(keyboard, mouse, USB-to-Ethernet adapter) are not working.

# dmesg
[…]
[ 804.892944] usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci-omap and address 2
[ 805.051513] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=05e3, idProduct=0608
[ 805.051544] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=1, SerialNumber=0
[ 805.051574] usb 1-2: Product: USB2.0 Hub
[ 805.055145] hub 1-2:1.0: USB hub found
[ 805.055603] hub 1-2:1.0: 4 ports detected
[ 823.401000] hub 1-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 2. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[ 826.479125] hub 1-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 2. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[ 829.557189] hub 1-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 2. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[ 832.635314] hub 1-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 2. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[ 832.636413] usb 1-2: USB disconnect, address 2
[ 835.744689] hub 1-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 2. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[ 838.822784] hub 1-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 2. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[ 841.901062] hub 1-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 2. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[ 844.979095] hub 1-0:1.0: Cannot enable port 2. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[ 844.979156] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
[…]

As I said the USB cable is not bad since it works on a different system.

I am revision C3 of the BeagleBoard.

Thanks,

Paul

signature.asc

Koen Kooi

Mar 27, 2010, 12:29:02 PM3/27/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 27 mrt 2010, om 17:21 heeft Paul Menzel het volgende geschreven:

> Am Samstag, den 27.03.2010, 17:33 +0300 schrieb Maxim Podbereznyi:
>> USB keyboard is not always detected during boot up. Thanks God a mouse
>> is well detected. A keyboard has to be physically removed and inserted
>> back so the kernel could detect it.
>>
>> Both kbd and mouse are connected to the same 4 ports USB HS hub..
>
> I am too having problems with USB. My 4 port USB HS hub which worked
> before on the BB and is working on my desktop PC and attached devices
> (keyboard, mouse, USB-to-Ethernet adapter) are not working.

Is that on ehci or otg?

regards,

Koen

Maxim Podbereznyi

Mar 27, 2010, 12:36:41 PM3/27/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I have these problems with EHCI

Paul Menzel

Mar 27, 2010, 5:07:43 PM3/27/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Am Samstag, den 27.03.2010, 19:36 +0300 schrieb Maxim Podbereznyi:
> I have these problems with EHCI

The same is true for me.

Thanks,

Paul

signature.asc

Paul Menzel

Mar 28, 2010, 1:27:19 PM3/28/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

I just wanted to note that restarting the BB today with the
USB-to-Ethernet adapter directly plugged in worked. So I did `opkg
update && opkg upgrade` and this to have gotten me an updated Linux
kernel (2010.4-test I think).

My USB hub is working now.

Thanks,

Paul

signature.asc

Maxim Podbereznyi

Mar 28, 2010, 1:56:09 PM3/28/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
So what? You just try to reboot the board 100 times in a row and then tell us the statistics. If it is OK for you to have days when the HUB works and days when it does not, good for you. For me it is a problem when you show anything to a customer and it "occasionally" stops working. "oops!" is not accepted..

Paul Menzel

Mar 28, 2010, 2:05:18 PM3/28/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Am Sonntag, den 28.03.2010, 21:56 +0400 schrieb Maxim Podbereznyi:
> So what? You just try to reboot the board 100 times in a row and then
> tell us the statistics. If it is OK for you to have days when the HUB
> works and days when it does not, good for you.

Sorry, if I said something wrong. As far as I can see it works for me
now reliably after the upgrade and I wanted to notify the people
interested in this issue.

Maybe you should also experiment with different Linux version.

> For me it is a problem when you show anything to a customer and it
> "occasionally" stops working. "oops!" is not accepted..

You can always pay people to fix/create things and you then can make
demands if it does not work.

Sorry and good luck,

Paul

signature.asc

shriram chandra

Apr 9, 2010, 3:26:12 AM4/9/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
hi I have used the demo image and i would really like to thank koen.  I have a small query kindly any1 help me asap.
1. inorder to use the dsp i had given the following boot args
setenv bootargs 'console=ttyS2,115200n8 console=tty0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait mem=99M@0x80000000 mem=128M@0x88000000 rootfstype=ext3 rw vram=12M omapfb.mode=dvi:1280x720MR-16@60'
is the above boot args correct.

2. How do i check my dsp is working or not

3. Is it possible to use dsp accerelated mplayer as I need to stream 4 rtsp streams and my videos are very jerky.

4. Im not able to copy or paste any commands onto my shell.

kindly help me asap

Jorge

Apr 14, 2010, 11:04:49 AM4/14/10
to Beagle Board
Hi Koen,

What it means '> Sure, build the kernel using this branch:http://
gitorious.org/angstrom/openembedded/commits/ti/staging' ?
I'm new comer to git and I don't know exactly what it means.

I've org.openembedded.dev branch in my local dir /mnt/sdc1/arm-beagle-
dsp/openembedded, then what's the
git command I've to run to do the built.

Best regards,
Jorge

On Mar 19, 8:27 pm, Koen Kooi <k...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> Op 19 mrt 2010, om 19:19 heeft Maxim Podbereznyi het volgende geschreven:
>
> > Dear Koen,
>
> > I need to rebuild the kernel to run this demo at my board. Can you explain me how to do this to get uImage-2.6.32-r67+gitr227037c2b6c28a632e0bffd2681445a61c7f84bc-beagleboard.bin?
>
> Sure, build the kernel using this branch:http://gitorious.org/angstrom/openembedded/commits/ti/staging
>
> That should have gotten merged into .dev weeks ago, but internal testing in TI has hit some non-technical roadblocks.
>
> regards,
>
> Koen
>

> > regards,
> > Max
>
> > 2010/3/19 Koen Kooi <k...@beagleboard.org>

> > > So, how would one go about building such an image locally?
> > > (not using the narcissus interface, just OE)??
>
> > Basically, add 'libgles-omap3-x11demos gstreamer-ti gst-plugins-good-meta gst-plugins-base-meta' to beagleboard demo image in OE in the org.openembedded.dev branch.
>

> > regards,
>
> > Koen

Jorge

Apr 14, 2010, 10:52:32 AM4/14/10
to Beagle Board

On Mar 19, 8:27 pm, Koen Kooi <k...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> Op 19 mrt 2010, om 19:19 heeft Maxim Podbereznyi het volgende geschreven:
>
> > Dear Koen,
>
> > I need to rebuild the kernel to run this demo at my board. Can you explain me how to do this to get uImage-2.6.32-r67+gitr227037c2b6c28a632e0bffd2681445a61c7f84bc-beagleboard.bin?
>
> Sure, build the kernel using this branch:http://gitorious.org/angstrom/openembedded/commits/ti/staging
>
> That should have gotten merged into .dev weeks ago, but internal testing in TI has hit some non-technical roadblocks.
>
> regards,
>
> Koen

Sorry, what it means 'build the kernel using this branch:http://
gitorious.org/angstrom/openembedded/commits/ti/staging' ?
I'm a git new comer. I'm using the org.openembedded.dev branch, in my
local directory /mnt/sdc1/arm-beagle-dsp/openembedded,
then what git command I've to run in order to build the kernel.

Regards,
Jorge

Petri Koppinen

May 11, 2010, 11:32:22 PM5/11/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Has enyone tried to compile E17 for Ubuntu Lucid?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingE17Howto

I get errors in evas module....

Koen Kooi

May 12, 2010, 2:37:23 AM5/12/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Op 12 mei 2010, om 05:32 heeft Petri Koppinen het volgende geschreven:

> Has enyone tried to compile E17 for Ubuntu Lucid?
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingE17Howto
>
> I get errors in evas module....

Don't hijack threads and don't top post! It's very rude!