N00b with ?s - Beagle Board Powered Netbook? Maemo on BB?

Chad78

Jul 9, 2008, 10:28:43 AM7/9/08
to Beagle Board
Hello. This is my first post on the board - so please let me know all
the mistakes I make, rules I break, and FAQs I should have read first
so I can correct them for next time. :)

I am coming here from the Pandora Gaming UMPC forums, which, in case
it's not widely known, is a handheld clamshell computer with gaming
controls that is using the Beagle Board as its guts. openpandora.org
- I'm just a forum member - not a project leader or anything - so if
that link was spammish - I apologize. It is just for informational
purposes.

Anyway - the Pandora is shaping up to be a great little device -
thanks in large part to the work of the good people who make the
Beagle. However, discussions have lead me to think about other
possibilities. I was wondering if there are any projects you all
might know about that are developing a BB powered Netbook. Something
with a 7 - 9 inch screen, close-to-full-sized keyboard, less than 3
pounds... With all the success of the Eee PC and its killers /
clones - I think it would be a pretty neat project. Does anyone know
of a project like that?

Also - another question (and maybe this needs to be a new topic - but
I didn't want to start two topics right off the bat. Has anyone
tried / succeeded running Maemo (the OS of Nokia's N-Series Internet
Tablets - aka TabletOS 2006/7/8) on the Beagle Board? Is that
possible/probable?

Thanks for you help - and thanks for making such a powerful, compact,
efficient, and multi-use-able board!

Dirk Behme

Jul 9, 2008, 11:19:54 AM7/9/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Chad78 wrote:
> Hello. This is my first post on the board - so please let me know all
> the mistakes I make, rules I break, and FAQs I should have read first
> so I can correct them for next time. :)
>
> I am coming here from the Pandora Gaming UMPC forums, which, in case
> it's not widely known, is a handheld clamshell computer with gaming
> controls that is using the Beagle Board as its guts. openpandora.org
> - I'm just a forum member - not a project leader or anything - so if
> that link was spammish - I apologize. It is just for informational
> purposes.
>
> Anyway - the Pandora is shaping up to be a great little device -
> thanks in large part to the work of the good people who make the
> Beagle. However, discussions have lead me to think about other
> possibilities. I was wondering if there are any projects you all
> might know about that are developing a BB powered Netbook. Something
> with a 7 - 9 inch screen, close-to-full-sized keyboard, less than 3
> pounds... With all the success of the Eee PC and its killers /
> clones - I think it would be a pretty neat project. Does anyone know
> of a project like that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Tablet_OS

Version history -> Fremantle

?

> Also - another question (and maybe this needs to be a new topic - but
> I didn't want to start two topics right off the bat. Has anyone
> tried / succeeded running Maemo (the OS of Nokia's N-Series Internet
> Tablets - aka TabletOS 2006/7/8) on the Beagle Board? Is that
> possible/probable?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jadon/2295700120/in/pool-beagleboard

Hildon desktop on Beagle?

Dirk

cra...@hotmail.com

Jul 9, 2008, 11:13:02 AM7/9/08
to Beagle Board
I just want to point out that the Pandora does not have a beagle board
in it.

-Craig

Robert Schuster

Jul 10, 2008, 9:28:31 AM7/10/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

cra...@hotmail.com schrieb:

> I just want to point out that the Pandora does not have a beagle board
> in it.

>> "using the Beagle Board as its guts"
In other words this means: The pandora shares some hardware with the BB
- namely the TI OMAP3 embedded processor. :)

Regards
Robert

signature.asc