Android port for beagle(OMAP3530)- Code Released

Rupesh Gujare

Dec 17, 2008, 9:43:15 AM12/17/08
to android...@googlegroups.com, android-...@googlegroups.com, beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We are releasing source code for Android port on beagle board. So far
we have tested input device(keyboard/mouse), network(over USB) and sound
(*.mp3).

A brief How to can be found here :-
http://labs.embinux.org/android-porting-on-beagle.html

You may also browse the kernel modifications at :-
http://labs.embinux.org/git

We will come up with more updates very soon..
Enjoy Androing.

Regards,

--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

Rupesh Gujare

Dec 18, 2008, 1:24:05 AM12/18/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com, android...@googlegroups.com, beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Please find below video showing Android on beagle board. It demonstrates
navigation on Android, sample applications, and browser.

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=nADn_vNVEKw

Regards,

--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

archan.paul wrote:
> Anil,
>
> Android on Beagle supports display. You can connect display through
> DVI-D/HDMI interface.
>
> You can refer to - http://dkc1.digikey.com/us/mkt/beagleboard.html
>
> - Archan
>
> On Dec 17, 8:41 pm, "Anil Sasidharan" <anil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does Android on Beagle support display and touch? This
>> question is based on the fact that there is no hardware support for
>> display and touch on Beagle board. I'm more curious to know the exact
>> external hardware modules used in this regard.
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Rupesh Gujare

Syed Mohammed, Khasim

Dec 18, 2008, 3:58:58 AM12/18/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
This is really great effort and thanks a lot for releasing the sources.

Regards,
Khasim

padmarao edapalapati

Dec 18, 2008, 8:23:08 AM12/18/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks Rupesh.
we followed the sequence provided by you. In the first step of compiling the linux omap kernel,
its giving uImage build ready message but we are unable to get the uImage in arch/arm/boot folder.
we got  zImage and Image.
Do we need to rename the zImage to uImage ?
if so u-boot will recognize the format ?

Thanks & Regards
Rao

Rupesh Gujare

Dec 18, 2008, 8:32:03 AM12/18/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Rao,
   Is "$mkimage" command available on your development machine? If it is there, then you should get uImage in arch/arm/boot/
I dont think if you use "zImage" or "Image" will work with u-boot.

Regards,
--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

rainman747

Dec 18, 2008, 1:47:57 PM12/18/08
to Beagle Board
Thank you for all your sweaty-efforts.
it will be much appreciated if you upload downloadable-image stuff
for newbi.

On Dec 17, 11:43 pm, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    We are releasing source code for Android port on beagle board. So far
> we have tested input device(keyboard/mouse), network(over USB) and sound
> (*.mp3).
>
> A brief How to can be found here :-http://labs.embinux.org/android-porting-on-beagle.html
>
> You may also browse the kernel modifications at :-http://labs.embinux.org/git

John (USP)

Dec 18, 2008, 2:15:13 PM12/18/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Make sure mkimage is in your path and then do this

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- uImage

Regards,

Tamer S. Mohamed

Dec 18, 2008, 3:59:11 PM12/18/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

mkimage is in the tools folder of the uboot git.

git clone git://www.sakoman.net/git/u-boot-omap3.git
cd u-boot-omap3
git checkout --track -b omap3-dev origin/omap3-dev

copied from

http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard#U-Boot

Rupesh Gujare

Dec 18, 2008, 11:58:19 PM12/18/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
   You can download binaries (kernel uImage and Android RFS) from following link:-
http://www.embinux.com/download_beagle.php

Regards,
--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

padmarao edapalapati

Dec 19, 2008, 10:10:07 AM12/19/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for u r help
 i got the uImage

Regards
rao

padmarao edapalapati

Dec 20, 2008, 12:39:59 AM12/20/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rupesh,
Thanks for your help. I able to get the android command prompt as well as GUI.
But when i am trying to connect my USB otg to self powered hub(only keyboard connected to hub),
not getting power to keyboard.
how can i know whether OTG is working as host or not  ?
Is there any code modification is necessary to make it as host ?

Thanks & Regards,
Rao

Rupesh Gujare

Dec 20, 2008, 1:32:34 PM12/20/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Rao,
      With which USB connector you are connecting to beagle board. You need to connect with USB Mini-A connector to beagle board, for it to work as a host.

Regards,
--
Rupesh Gujare

padmarao edapalapati

Dec 21, 2008, 12:10:35 AM12/21/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,Rupesh,

i don't have USB Mini-A connector, so i connected USB-OTG 4thpin(id) with ground on the board and using Mini-B connector,but it didn't work as host
what is wrong in my connection.

Regards
Rao

Shivdas

Dec 22, 2008, 2:48:38 AM12/22/08
to Beagle Board
Hi Padmarao,

You have followed right steps. But could you please
verify using multimeter, is GND and pin4 is really shorted?
also make sure to select USB host mode while "make menuconfig".

Regards,
Shivdas Gujare

On Dec 21, 10:10 am, "padmarao edapalapati" <padmara...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,Rupesh,
> i don't have USB Mini-A connector, so i connected USB-OTG 4thpin(id) with
> ground on the board and using Mini-B connector,but it didn't work as host
> what is wrong in my connection.
>
> Regards
> Rao
>
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:02 AM, Rupesh Gujare
> <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com>wrote:
>
> > Rao,
> > With which USB connector you are connecting to beagle board. You need
> > to connect with USB Mini-A connector to beagle board, for it to work as a
> > host.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > --
> > Rupesh Gujare
>
> > padmarao edapalapati wrote:
>
> > Hi Rupesh,
> > Thanks for your help. I able to get the android command prompt as well as
> > GUI.
> > But when i am trying to connect my USB otg to self powered hub(only
> > keyboard connected to hub),
> > not getting power to keyboard.
> > how can i know whether OTG is working as host or not ?
> > Is there any code modification is necessary to make it as host ?
>
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Rao
>
> > On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com>wrote:
>
> >> Rao,
> >> Is "$mkimage" command available on your development machine? If it is
> >> there, then you should get uImage in arch/arm/boot/
> >> I dont think if you use "zImage" or "Image" will work with u-boot.
>
> >> Regards,
>
> >> --
> >> Rupesh Gujarehttp://embinux.com

haife...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2008, 5:39:47 PM12/31/08
to Beagle Board
Thanks a lot! But I cannot compile alsa_sound, which reports a lot of
errors.

On Dec 17, 7:43 am, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    We are releasing source code for Android port on beagle board. So far
> we have tested input device(keyboard/mouse), network(over USB) and sound
> (*.mp3).
>
> A brief How to can be found here :-http://labs.embinux.org/android-porting-on-beagle.html
>
> You may also browse the kernel modifications at :-http://labs.embinux.org/git

hha...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2009, 1:13:29 PM1/6/09
to Beagle Board
I had the same problem using the Android Cupcake branch. I just
didn't add the audio support, and it builds and runs mostly fine. The
only issues I'm seeing are the Soft Keyboard introduced in Cupcake
crashing (although it did come up on the screen one time.) Also,
since I'm using the dual-partition SD card for the uImage and Android
Filesystem, I cannot use the SD card for Android storage. I wanted to
try downloading some apps, but they require the SD card to be
available. I tried using a USB Memory Stick for the Android
filesystem, and it works; however, when using it in conjunction with
my USB Ethernet Adapter (AirLink 101) the simultaneous use of Ethernet
and USB Memory stick cause the kernel to crash. I saw a bug was filed
on this on the Issue Tracker:

http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard/issues/detail?id=31&can=1

Unfortunately, there is no root-cause found for it, and it looks like
there is no plan to fix this problem. Using a USB 1.1 hub as a
workaround is not a great solution since 1.1 hubs are difficult to
find these days, and slow down the performance.

I also tried using using MTD partitions to store the Android
Filesystem, but Android's "flash_image" utility fails, and directly
mounting the MTD partition and writing to it seems unstable (kernel
crashes frequently.) I will try the latest version of Angstrom and
see if the MTD partitions work there.

I tried the HDMI on my TV and it didn't work, but it does work well on
my both LCD computer monitors I tried.

It will be nice when the Rev C boards with working EHCI controller are
available. Then it will be possible to use the EHCI controller for
USB devices, and use the OTG port for USB Gadget and Android Debug
Bridge (ADB.)

The BeagleBoard will make a nice Android set-top box if some of these
issues can be resolved.

-Howard

On Dec 31 2008, 2:39 pm, "haifeng....@gmail.com"

Søren Steen Christensen

Jan 6, 2009, 2:05:01 PM1/6/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Howard,

Howard wrote:
> I tried the HDMI on my TV and it didn't work, but it does work well on
> my both LCD computer monitors I tried.

Take care - Even though the BeagleBoard uses a HDMI connector (for space
saving purposes), the output is really DVI-D and not HDMI... You can
therefore not expect it to work with your TV HDMI input...

Best regards
Søren

Jason Kridner

Jan 6, 2009, 8:08:20 PM1/6/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

It will, however, work with just about every HDTV if properly
configured for that TV. The code used in most of the popular demos
today does not utilize the proper pixel clock for standard 720P.

There is no audio connection, which is a reason it is not real HDMI.

Howard M Harte

Jan 7, 2009, 11:48:41 AM1/7/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info. At this point, I'm more concerned with reliable
USB and getting the MTD partitions working.

I'd also like to get the second UART and SD interface on the expansion
connector working. I have a 1.8v SD device, so it should just be a
matter of wiring it up, and software.

Has anyone used the SD interface on the expansion connector?

The BeagleBoard is really a neat little board.

-Howard

On Jan 6, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Jason Kridner <jkri...@beagleboard.org>

Andrew Diller

Jan 7, 2009, 4:39:18 PM1/7/09
to Beagle Board
Hello:

Just put this on a BB- should I expect USB Ethernet to work? Or do I
have to build in support and build my own kernel? I'm using the pre-
build version that you have kindly supplied. I'm using a linksys USB
Ethernet dongle.

I read that Android doesn't know about USB, so how is working on the
BB ?

-andy

On Dec 18 2008, 1:24 am, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com>

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 8, 2009, 4:49:58 AM1/8/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Hello:

Just put this on a BB- should I expect USB Ethernet to work? Or do I
have to build in support and build my own kernel? I'm using the pre-
build version that you have kindly supplied. I'm using a linksys USB
Ethernet dongle.

You are welcome to integrate it with BB. Please post your efforts and progress.
 Indeed USB ethernet work in our prebuild version. We have tested it. You don't need to build support in your kernel.

I read that Android doesn't know about USB, so how is working on the
BB ?

Your information is incorrect. Android have full support for USB

Regards,
--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 8, 2009, 5:16:34 AM1/8/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We are upgrading our source code with latest Android cupcake release.
Release Features:-
1. Android kernel is upgraded to 2.6.27, with new functionalities.
2. Fixed broken ALSA sound for Android build.

We have moved our "Android Porting Guide to Beagle Board" page to new
wiki page for easy maintenance and future release modifications.

http://labs.embinux.org/wiki/index.php/Android_Porting_Guide_to_Beagle_Board

You can browse kernel source at:-
http://labs.embinux.org/git/

We have tested input device (keyboard,mouse), network and sound(*.mp3)
with this release, all is working fine.

I will like to thanks Sean for sharing a patch that fixed ALSA issue.

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 8, 2009, 5:26:49 AM1/8/09
to android-...@googlegroups.com, android...@googlegroups.com, beagl...@googlegroups.com

JayBird

Jan 8, 2009, 10:31:50 AM1/8/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Rupesh,

I was just looking over the "Android Porting Guide to Beagle Board"
and I think there my be a couple of typo errors

1. In the "Ownership" section, the command

$ chmod -R 666 /data /system

will override the permission you set in the previous step

$chmod -R 777 /system/use/keychar

Did you mean to reverse those two steps?

2. I think there is a space missing in the TLS Patch:

Should the line "/* get the TLS */" be " /* get the TLS */"?

Thanks for the all the hard work put into creating this document.

Cheers,
Jay

On Jan 8, 4:16 am, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   We are upgrading our source code with latest Android cupcake release.
> Release Features:-
> 1. Android kernel is upgraded to 2.6.27, with new functionalities.
> 2. Fixed broken ALSA sound for Android build.
>
> We have moved our "Android Porting Guide to Beagle Board" page to new
> wiki page for easy maintenance and future release modifications.
>
> http://labs.embinux.org/wiki/index.php/Android_Porting_Guide_to_Beagl...
>
> You can browse kernel source at:-http://labs.embinux.org/git/

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 8, 2009, 1:13:23 PM1/8/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Jay,
   Thanks for pointing out, We have updated wiki page.

Regards,
--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

JustinLove

Jan 8, 2009, 2:02:24 PM1/8/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Rupesh Gujare wrote:
> 2. Fixed broken ALSA sound for Android build.

I'm currently hunting this in Angstrom. Any hints?

--
Justin Love

Creative Electronics & Software
650 Sundown Road
South Elgin, IL 60177

Phone (847) 695-0023
FAX (847) 695-0483

Howard M Harte

Jan 8, 2009, 6:42:38 PM1/8/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rupesh,

I tried following your new Wiki page, and it works well.  One correction: I had to chmod -R 777 the filesystem to get it to work.  After that, it works well. I was able to get the Amazon MP3 app (pulled from a G1) to work, and even could preview the songs.  So sound is working.

I was not able to get your patches for the kernel, remote disconnected unexpectedly, or some message like that, but I just used the kernel you posted in December, and it seems to work ok.

Most other proprietary apps like Market will not run, but I guess that is some sort of signing issue.

Thanks for the great work.

-Howard

hha...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2009, 7:16:27 PM1/8/09
to Beagle Board
On Jan 8, 3:42 pm, Howard M Harte <hhar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Rupesh,
>
> I tried following your new Wiki page, and it works well.  One
> correction: I had to chmod -R 777 the filesystem to get it to work.
> After that, it works well. I was able to get the Amazon MP3 app
> (pulled from a G1) to work, and even could preview the songs.  So
> sound is working.
>
> I was not able to get your patches for the kernel, remote disconnected
> unexpectedly, or some message like that, but I just used the kernel
> you posted in December, and it seems to work ok.

Actually the git failure is as follows:
$ git remote update
Updating labs.embinux
fetch labs.embinux: command returned error: 128

-Howard

> Most other proprietary apps like Market will not run, but I guess that
> is some sort of signing issue.
>
> Thanks for the great work.
>
> -Howard
>
> On Jan 8, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com>

Shivdas Gujare

Jan 8, 2009, 11:12:33 PM1/8/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Andrew Diller <dil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Just put this on a BB- should I expect USB Ethernet to work? Or do I
> have to build in support and build my own kernel? I'm using the pre-
> build version that you have kindly supplied. I'm using a linksys USB
> Ethernet dongle.
No, your USB Ethernet adapter will not work with demo image, we have
tested it with
"Davicom DM9601 based USB Ethernet adapter", hence you needs to build
your own image with linksys driver support.

> I read that Android doesn't know about USB, so how is working on the
> BB ?
I believe, Android doesn't needs to know about USB if your kernel
and platform has support for USB.

Regards,
Shivdas Gujare

Howard M Harte

Jan 9, 2009, 12:03:29 AM1/9/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The GIT remote update problem was due to my firewall, I guess. I
changed git:// to http:// and it works fine now.

I hacked some of the system/bluedroid code in Android, and got
Bluetooth to sort of work, but eventually the kernel panics, either
because of the USB host driver or the btusb driver. Given the
problems I've had with USB memory stick and USB Ethernet on Beagle,
I'd guess the usb host driver is the problem.

-Howard

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 9, 2009, 12:24:48 AM1/9/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
  We have fixed git issue, It was a problem with our git server. Now it should work fine, please let me know if you are still facing any problems.

Regards,

--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

JayBird

Jan 12, 2009, 4:04:02 PM1/12/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Rupesh,

I'm not an expert with git, but I think the
omap3_beagle_android_defconfig file is missing. I did the following:

$git clone git://source.mvista.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git
$cd linux-omap-2.6
$git remote add labs.embinux git://labs.embinux.org/linux-omap-2.6
$git remote update
$git checkout -b beagle.android-2.6.27 labs.embinux/android-2.6.27
$make ARCH=arm omap3_beagle_android_defconfig

Afterwards, I get the following error

***
*** Can't find default configuration "arch/arm/configs/
omap3_beagle_android_defconfig"!
***

Did I miss a "git" step or something?

--- Jay

On Jan 8, 11:24 pm, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>   We have fixed git issue, It was a problem with our git server. Now it
> should work fine, please let me know if you are still facing any problems.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Rupesh Gujarehttp://embinux.com
>
> Howard M Harte wrote:
> > The GIT remote update problem was due to my firewall, I guess.  I
> > changed git:// to http:// and it works fine now.
>
> > I hacked some of the system/bluedroid code in Android, and got
> > Bluetooth to sort of work, but eventually the kernel panics, either
> > because of the USB host driver or the btusb driver.  Given the
> > problems I've had with USB memory stick and USB Ethernet on Beagle,
> > I'd guess the usb host driver is the problem.
>
> > -Howard

JayBird

Jan 12, 2009, 4:47:03 PM1/12/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Rupesh,

I'm having some problems with the patches from the new site. I cut-
paste the text into patch files. I think it would be helpful if you
can provide a link to them as a tar image or individually.

1. The libC patch fails to add the "arch-arm/bionic/ffs.S \" entry to
Android.mk. I did this one manually.

2. The alsa_sound patch fails:

jayw@kittredge:~/alsa_sound$ patch -p1 < /home/jayw/Android/
beagleboard/Patches/Alsa_sound.patch
patching file AudioHardwareALSA.cpp
Hunk #2 FAILED at 187.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 218.
patch: **** malformed patch at line 107: //

I haven't tried to figure this one out yet. I think I will wait to
hear you response.

Here are some suggestions for the build instructions:

1. I think the instructions would flow better if you move alsa_sound
path to the ALSA Support section. Currently, you have the LibC patch
following the ALSA Support.

2. The initrc.patch is broken into multiple blocks. Kinda of confused
me at first.

3. The qwerty.kl.patch is also broken into multiple blocks.

4. In the instructions for applying the patches. I would be helpful
if you could specify the root directory for which to execute the patch
command.

Once again, thanks for all the hardware work you put into this
document. If you update them, I'm more than happy to run through
them from beginning to end to help you iron out the details.

Cheers,
Jay

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 13, 2009, 9:38:08 AM1/13/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Jay,
Thanks for your help and suggestions, Please see inline comments:-
JayBird wrote:
> Hi Rupesh,
>

> I'm having some problems with the patches from the new site. I cut-
> paste the text into patch files. I think it would be helpful if you
> can provide a link to them as a tar image or individually.
>
> 1. The libC patch fails to add the "arch-arm/bionic/ffs.S \" entry to
> Android.mk. I did this one manually.

This patch is removed, as now it is in mainline Android build.

> 2. The alsa_sound patch fails:
>
> jayw@kittredge:~/alsa_sound$ patch -p1 < /home/jayw/Android/
> beagleboard/Patches/Alsa_sound.patch
> patching file AudioHardwareALSA.cpp
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 187.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 218.
> patch: **** malformed patch at line 107: //
>
> I haven't tried to figure this one out yet. I think I will wait to
> hear you response.

We have removed patches from wiki page, and given link to clean patches
so that you dont have to copy & paste.

> Here are some suggestions for the build instructions:
>
> 1. I think the instructions would flow better if you move alsa_sound
> path to the ALSA Support section. Currently, you have the LibC patch
> following the ALSA Support.

Libc patch do not exist, so I think this have automatically solved problem

> 2. The initrc.patch is broken into multiple blocks. Kinda of confused
> me at first.
>
> 3. The qwerty.kl.patch is also broken into multiple blocks.

Removed it from wiki page and given a link to clean patch.

> 4. In the instructions for applying the patches. I would be helpful
> if you could specify the root directory for which to execute the patch
> command.

Now all patches mention, root directory from where you can apply them.

> Once again, thanks for all the hardware work you put into this
> document. If you update them, I'm more than happy to run through
> them from beginning to end to help you iron out the details.
>
> Cheers,
> Jay
>

> On Jan 12, 3:04 pm, JayBird <jayje...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rupesh,
>>
>> I'm not an expert with git, but I think the
>> omap3_beagle_android_defconfig file is missing. I did the following:
>>
>> $git clone git://source.mvista.com/git/linux-omap-2.6.git
>> $cd linux-omap-2.6
>> $git remote add labs.embinux git://labs.embinux.org/linux-omap-2.6
>> $git remote update
>> $git checkout -b beagle.android-2.6.27 labs.embinux/android-2.6.27
>> $make ARCH=arm omap3_beagle_android_defconfig
>>
>> Afterwards, I get the following error
>>
>> ***
>> *** Can't find default configuration "arch/arm/configs/
>> omap3_beagle_android_defconfig"!
>> ***

I have fixed the git, and added latest patches from android-2.6.27 kernel.
It will be of great help if you can run through all steps from beginning
to end, and let me know if there exists any more troubles.

JayBird

Jan 13, 2009, 1:03:56 PM1/13/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for response. I will try running through the instructions
again:)

Note, I was going to try to compile using the 2.6.27 Kernel. Did I
miss a step, there is no config file for

omap3_beagle_android_defconfig

in branch "beagle.android-2.6.27" (See previous post for steps I
executed).

Cheers,
Jay

On Jan 13, 8:38 am, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com> wrote:
> Jay,

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 14, 2009, 4:52:05 AM1/14/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
JayBird wrote:
Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for response.  I will try running through the instructions
again:)

Note, I was going to try to compile using the 2.6.27 Kernel.  Did I
miss a step, there is no config file for

omap3_beagle_android_defconfig

in branch "beagle.android-2.6.27" (See previous post for steps I
executed).

No you didn't missed any step, "omap3_beagle_android_defconfig" file was missing, I have corrected it.

Regards,

Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

McGeagh

Jan 14, 2009, 11:35:51 AM1/14/09
to Beagle Board
Ive been having problems with this Android.
Im trying to get it to work with the binaries provided (http://
labs.embinux.org/index.php/Main_Page#About_EMBINUX.E2.84.A2)
Im trying 2 ways... using an nfs, and using the SD card for the
filesystem... both are failing with the same errors.

during boot:
#
mmcblk0: p1 p2
eth0: link down
eth0: link up, 100Mbps, half-duplex, lpa 0x40A1
IP-Config: Guessing netmask 255.0.0.0
IP-Config: Complete:
device=eth0, addr=10.1.71.150, mask=255.0.0.0,
gw=255.255.255.255,
host=10.1.71.150, domain=, nis-domain=(none),
bootserver=255.255.255.255, rootserver=10.1.71.49, rootpath=
Waiting 2sec before mounting root device...
Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 10.1.71.49
Looking up port of RPC 100005/1 on 10.1.71.49
VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem).
Freeing init memory: 132K
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
init: cannot open '/initlogo.rle'
init: cannot find '/system/bin/playmp3', disabling 'bootsound'
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
# FAT: invalid media value (0x00)
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev mmcblk0.
warning: `rild' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)

(the stuff about fat is probably the SD card. When i tried using it
all on the SD card instead of an nfs, i got the same error:)
#
mmcblk0: p1 p2
kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3 FS on mmcblk0p2, internal journal
EXT3-fs: recovery complete.
VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem).
Freeing init memory: 132K
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
init: cannot open '/initlogo.rle'
init: cannot find '/system/bin/playmp3', disabling 'bootsound'
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
# warning: `rild' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)

At this point, nothing happens, no matter how long i wait.
Im using a standard beagle board, so the binaries should just work,
no? I shouldnt need to build it myself?
Any insight anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Howard M Harte

Jan 14, 2009, 4:23:50 PM1/14/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
If you press return at the serial console, do you get a # prompt? You
should, and if so, you can take a look at the log using the 'logcat'
utility. Also do a 'ps' and see that zygote and a bunch of Android
processes are running. Also make sure your display is working
properly. You can do 'cat somefile > /dev/fb0' and you should see
some junk on the display.

I ran into a similar problem with Android on a different platform.
Android was running properly, but the LCD was not initialized properly
by the bootloader.

-Howard

JayBird

Jan 14, 2009, 11:42:20 PM1/14/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Rupesh,

I went through the build process again:) Overall, I was able create a
working system; however, it wasn't perfect.

I was able to build the 2.6.25 kernel with no problems. I haven't
tried the 2.6.27 branch yet; however, I think I will have some time
tomorrow to try it out. I was also able to build Android (haven't
tried cupcake yet) with your patches; however, ALSA fails (See error
below). As a result, I had to remove that option from my
BoardConfig.mk. Note, I did apply the Alsa_sound.patch.

As I built the system, I took some notes. Below is list of changes
that you may want to integrate in your build instructions:

1. If one wants to cut-and-paste the patch commands, either the patch
files need to be re-named to match the text, or the text modified to
reflect the patch file names (i.e qwerty.kl.patch should be
Qwerty.patch)

2. May want to add

$ make

in the Compile Build

3. In the Alsa_sound section, you ask the user to apply the patches,
but give the incorrect Root Dir. I think you it may flow better if re-
work it a little:

1 - $ cd ~
2 - Clone alsa-lib from
$ git clone git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/external/alsa-lib.git
3 - Clone ALSA based libaudio
$ git clone git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/hardware/alsa_sound.git
4 - Apply following patches to build
Root DIR : alsa_sound
Media:alsa_sound.patch
$ patch -p1 < Alsa_sound.patch

5- Change directory to the root "Android_build"
$ cd Android_build
6 - Add ALSA audio support to the board config file
and comment our generic audio support.
$ vim Android_build/build/target/board/generic/
BoardConfig.mk
add BOARD_USES_ALSA_AUDIO := true
#BOARD_USES_GENERIC_AUDIO := true
7 - Copy ALSA support supporting code from steps 3
and 4 above
$cp -a ~/alsa-lib external
$cp -a ~/alsa_sound hardware

4. I think the instructions in the Ownership section are incorrect.
The following seem to work for me.

1. Do the following as either root or use sudo
$ cd ~/Android_rfs
$ chown -R root.root *
$ chmod -R 777 system/user/keychars

If I compile Andorid with ALSA support, I get the following error:

target arm C++: libaudio <= hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.cpp
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.cpp: In member function 'virtual
android::AudioStreamOut* android::AudioHardwareStub::openOutputStream
(int, int, uint32_t, android::status_t*)':
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.cpp:52: error: cannot allocate
an object of abstract type 'android::AudioStreamOutStub'
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:30: note: because the
following virtual functions are pure within
'android::AudioStreamOutStub':
hardware/libhardware/include/hardware/AudioHardwareInterface.h:88:
note: virtual android::status_t android::AudioStreamOut::standby()
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/
libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardwareStub.o] Error 1
jayw@Rubicon:~/Android/beagleboard/mydroid$

I haven't tried to dig through the code to understand the problem, but
I thought this was fixed a while back. Do you have a fix?

Cheers,
Jay

On Jan 13, 8:38 am, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com> wrote:
> Jay,

JayBird

Jan 14, 2009, 11:59:31 PM1/14/09
to Beagle Board
Hey Rupesh,

I grab the beagle.android-2.6.27 branch for the kernel, and it appears
the omap3_beagle_android_defconfig file is a diff file. Did you check
in the right file?

--- Jay

On Jan 14, 3:52 am, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com> wrote:
> JayBird wrote:
> > Hi Rupesh,
>
> > Thanks for response.  I will try running through the instructions
> > again:)
>
> > Note, I was going to try to compile using the 2.6.27 Kernel.  Did I
> > miss a step, there is no config file for
>
> > omap3_beagle_android_defconfig
>
> > in branch "beagle.android-2.6.27" (See previous post for steps I
> > executed).
>
> No you didn't missed any step, "omap3_beagle_android_defconfig" file was
> missing, I have corrected it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rupesh Gujarehttp://embinux.com

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 15, 2009, 12:04:55 AM1/15/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Jay,
Have you synced you Android build with latest code. Patches mentioned in wiki are working with latest code drop. There have been quiet  few changes related to sound in HAL. Also we are working on 2.6.27 kernel branch, as all development is moved to it and we expect all code base to work with 2.6.27 branch.
   I will look at rest of your suggestions soon.

Regards,

--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 15, 2009, 12:36:01 AM1/15/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Jay,

JayBird wrote:
Hey Rupesh,

I grab the beagle.android-2.6.27 branch for the kernel, and it appears
the omap3_beagle_android_defconfig file is a diff file.  Did you check
in the right file?

Please check now. lots of patches are making life miserable. :)

Regards,
--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

McGeagh

Jan 15, 2009, 6:28:29 AM1/15/09
to Beagle Board
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. i tried what you asked, and i think your right
about the LCD not being initialised. When i try the 'cat file > /dev/
fb0' nothing appears on screen.
zygote is running and a bunch of other stuff too (listed below). After
a brief scan over the logcat, i didnt notice anything that stood out.
Ill keep trying, maybe with a different monitor and/or cable.
Will keep you updated

# ps
USER PID PPID VSIZE RSS WCHAN PC NAME
root 1 0 284 192 c00a8520 0000c58c S /init
root 2 0 0 0 c006389c 00000000 S kthreadd
root 3 2 0 0 c0055ac4 00000000 S ksoftirqd/0
root 4 2 0 0 c0075d80 00000000 S watchdog/0
root 5 2 0 0 c0060ad0 00000000 S events/0
root 6 2 0 0 c0060ad0 00000000 S khelper
root 12 2 0 0 c0060ad0 00000000 S suspend
root 74 2 0 0 c0060ad0 00000000 S kblockd/0
root 84 2 0 0 c0060ad0 00000000 S twl4030-irqchip
root 85 2 0 0 c01b8910 00000000 S twl4030-irq
root 95 2 0 0 c0060ad0 00000000 S ksuspend_usbd
root 101 2 0 0 c01dcb38 00000000 S khubd
root 113 2 0 0 c0060ad0 00000000 S kmmcd
root 128 2 0 0 c0060ad0 00000000 S kondemand/0
root 136 2 0 0 c0080ed8 00000000 S pdflush
root 137 2 0 0 c0080ed8 00000000 S pdflush
root 138 2 0 0 c00847b4 00000000 S kswapd0
root 140 2 0 0 c0060ad0 00000000 S aio/0
root 141 2 0 0 c0060ad0 00000000 S nfsiod
root 317 2 0 0 c01d356c 00000000 S mtdblockd
root 367 2 0 0 c0060ad0 00000000 S rpciod/0
root 372 2 0 0 c02059a4 00000000 S mmcqd
root 629 1 740 332 c00534f8 afe0d0fc S /system/bin/sh
system 630 1 812 268 c01b60c8 afe0c35c S /system/bin/
servicemanager
root 632 1 1848 368 ffffffff afe0ccec S /system/bin/
mountd
root 633 1 668 268 c024a848 afe0ccec S /system/bin/
debuggerd
radio 634 1 3276 616 ffffffff afe0c9cc S /system/bin/rild
root 635 1 44824 5628 c00796c0 ad05b2d8 D zygote
media 636 1 18232 3840 ffffffff afe0c35c S /system/bin/
mediaserver
bluetooth 638 1 1168 568 c00a8520 afe0d2cc S /system/bin/dbus-
daemon
root 640 1 804 276 c024a848 afe0ccec S /system/bin/
installd
root 641 1 1272 124 ffffffff 0000e774 S /sbin/adbd
root 651 629 888 344 00000000 afe0c0bc R ps

vishal bhoj

Jan 15, 2009, 8:48:05 AM1/15/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Rupesh,

This could be silly but how can one play mp3 files on android i did the steps on your site
mount -t vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard
$setprop EXTERNAL_STORAGE_STATE mounted
$am broadcast -a android.intent.action.MEDIA_MOUNTED --ez read-only false -d file:///sdcard
then i get

Broadcasting: Intent { action=android.intent.action.MEDIA_MOUNTED data=file:///sdcard (has extras) }

the card is getting mounted but the music app is not able to search any music.
--
with regards vishal

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 15, 2009, 8:58:53 AM1/15/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Vishal,
   Copy *.mp3 file on vfat formatted partition on SD card. (/dev/mmcblk0p1) , mount partition on RFS.
    $mount -t vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard
Follow rest of commands as stated on wiki page.

Regards,
--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 15, 2009, 9:01:22 AM1/15/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Jay,
   We have incorporated most of your suggestions, Please check wiki and let me know your feedback.

Thanks,

--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

McGeagh

Jan 15, 2009, 10:57:21 AM1/15/09
to Beagle Board
No need to worry, its working now. It was a dodgy HDMI-DVI cable i was
using.
The original uImage didnt work with my keyboard/mouse setup at all.
After compiling my own uImage, it works (kinda).
Keeps moaning about softkeys and certain keys dont work like back etc.
(so when im in setting or something, i cant exit to main screen, so
have to restart). probably the weird keyboard ive got. (i tried to do
the qwerty.patch also)
Thanks for the help!

Howard M Harte

Jan 15, 2009, 11:47:28 AM1/15/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
You can look in /system/xbin and there are a bunch of debugging
tools. There is one called getevent or evtest or something like that,
and if you run it, you will see the keycodes dump to the screen. You
can use that info to modify qwerty.kl

Also, there are some settings you can change from the ui (either under
settings or developer tools) that allows the red power button (end on
keyboard) return to the home screen rather than blanking the screen.

I found that to work better than the home key.

-Howard

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 16, 2009, 12:10:32 AM1/16/09
to JayBird, beagl...@googlegroups.com
Jay,
JayBird wrote:
Hi Rupesh,

I did a repo sync on my cupcake branch, and I'm still have problems
with the ALSA.  Could you be more specific on what I need to do to
sync up my Android environment?

We tested ALSA patches on master branch and not on cupcake, as it is a development branch and stable features of cupcake are merged regularly with master.

ie.working with a branch obtained by:-
$ repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git
$ repo sync

and NOT working with a branch obtained by:-
$ repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git -b cupcake
$ repo sync

Are you facing problems with master branch ? We have compiled build successfully with ALSA patches on master branch.
You can try cleaning build and recompiling or take fresh build and try again, we have observed that sometimes if you repo sync precompiled build, then it do not get compiled unless you clean it.

$make clobber  -> cleans build
$repo sync
$make

Regards,
--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

Cheers,
Jay

P.S. The changes to the build instruction look good:)

On Jan 14, 11:04 pm, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com> wrote:

Jay,

JayBird wrote:

Have you synced you Android build with latest code. Patches mentioned in
wiki are working with latest code drop. There have been quiet  few
changes related to sound in HAL. Also we are working on 2.6.27 kernel
branch, as all development is moved to it and we expect all code base to
work with 2.6.27 branch.
   I will look at rest of your suggestions soon.

Regards,

--
Rupesh Gujarehttp://embinux.com

kozak

Jan 16, 2009, 7:24:54 AM1/16/09
to Beagle Board
Hi all,
I have a couple of doubts on adding the patch for BB to the android
baseline.

1. I have downloaded the latest baseline from the android git
following the instructions in the page
http://source.android.com/download.
can anybody tell me which is the version of kernel that gets
downloaded after this?
From some of the posts I guess it might be 2.6.27. I would like to
confirm on that so that I can take the appropriate branch from the
patch as well.

2. Is there a file in the kernel source that stores the version
number? Can someone tell me which would that file be in case it
exists?

Thank you in advance,
Regards
Kozak

On Jan 16, 10:10 am, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com> wrote:
> Jay,JayBird wrote:
> > Hi Rupesh,
>
> > I did a repo sync on my cupcake branch, and I'm still have problems
> > with the ALSA. Could you be more specific on what I need to do to
> > sync up my Android environment?
>
> We tested ALSA patches on master branch and not on cupcake, as it is a
> development branch and stable features of cupcake are merged regularly
> with master.
>
> ie.working with a branch obtained by:-
> $ repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git
> $ repo sync
>
> and *NOT* working with a branch obtained by:-
> $ repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git -b cupcake
> $ repo sync
>
> Are you facing problems with master branch ? We have compiled build
> successfully with ALSA patches on master branch.
> You can try cleaning build and recompiling or take fresh build and try
> again, we have observed that sometimes if you repo sync precompiled
> build, then it do not get compiled unless you clean it.
>
> $make clobber -> cleans build
> $repo sync
> $make
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Rupesh Gujarehttp://embinux.com

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 16, 2009, 7:56:54 AM1/16/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Kozak,

kozak wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a couple of doubts on adding the patch for BB to the android
> baseline.
>
> 1. I have downloaded the latest baseline from the android git
> following the instructions in the page
> http://source.android.com/download.
> can anybody tell me which is the version of kernel that gets
> downloaded after this?

2.6.27

> From some of the posts I guess it might be 2.6.27. I would like to
> confirm on that so that I can take the appropriate branch from the
> patch as well.
>
> 2. Is there a file in the kernel source that stores the version
> number? Can someone tell me which would that file be in case it
> exists?

Check first 3 lines of following file:-
android_build/kernel/Makefile

frank zhu

Jan 20, 2009, 2:57:12 PM1/20/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all:
    When doing the porting Android port for beagle, some problem happens like below:
step1: successully Getting Android build from  http://source.android.com/download,
       problem met: a lots time lost to communication with the downloading
website. solution is just repeating repo sync. After downloading, make succesully.
step2: Apply tls & gl wrapper patch given below to Android build
       No problem with applying the patch for gl wrapper but problem met with applying the patch for tls and it gives error info: tls.h file not available. just skip. This is not solved.
Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks a lot.

step 3 do ALSA Support.
     do substep 1-7 good.
     in substep 8: Compile build, when make, it gives lots of error info,
don't know how to fix?
     Anybody can help me? The error info is pasted below
     Thank you very much in advance.
Frank

build/core/main.mk:180: implicitly installing apns-conf_sdk.xml
target arm C++: libaudio <= hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareInterface.cpp
In file included from hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareInterface.cpp:27:
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:24:40: error: hardware/AudioHardwareBase.h: No such file or directory
In file included from hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareInterface.cpp:27:
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:30: error: expected class-name before '{' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:40: error: expected ',' or '...' before '<' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:40: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Vector' with no type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h: In member function 'virtual int android::AudioStreamOutStub::format() const':
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:36: error: 'AudioSystem' has not been declared
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h: At global scope:
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:43: error: expected class-name before '{' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:52: error: expected ',' or '...' before '<' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:52: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Vector' with no type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h: In member function 'virtual int android::AudioStreamInStub::format() const':
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:49: error: 'AudioSystem' has not been declared
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h: At global scope:
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:57: error: expected class-name before '{' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:74: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'AudioStreamOut' with no type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:74: error: 'AudioStreamOut' declared as a 'virtual' field
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:74: error: expected ';' before '*' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:80: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'AudioStreamIn' with no type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:80: error: 'AudioStreamIn' declared as a 'virtual' field
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:80: error: expected ';' before '*' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:88: error: expected ',' or '...' before '<' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:88: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Vector' with no type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:92: error: expected ',' or '...' before '<' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareStub.h:92: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Vector' with no type
In file included from hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareInterface.cpp:28:
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:116: error: 'Mutex' does not name a type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:130: error: expected class-name before ',' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:163: error: expected ',' or '...' before '<' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:163: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Vector' with no type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:179: error: expected class-name before ',' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:213: error: expected ',' or '...' before '<' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:213: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Vector' with no type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:228: error: expected class-name before '{' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:260: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'AudioStreamOut' with no type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:260: error: 'AudioStreamOut' declared as a 'virtual' field
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:260: error: expected ';' before '*' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:267: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'AudioStreamIn' with no type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:267: error: 'AudioStreamIn' declared as a 'virtual' field
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:267: error: expected ';' before '*' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:282: error: expected ',' or '...' before '<' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:282: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'Vector' with no type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareALSA.h:292: error: 'Mutex' does not name a type
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareInterface.cpp:88: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '*' token
hardware/alsa_sound/AudioHardwareInterface.cpp:236: error: expected `}' at end of input
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudio_intermediates/AudioHardwareInterface.o] Error 1

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 21, 2009, 12:31:14 AM1/21/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Frank,
  There have been changes in android code base recently, File "libc/include/sys/tls.h" no more exist in build. Also they are modifying audio interface in HAL layer, due to which ALSA is broken in latest build. We are looking into it, and will update about it soon.
 By that time you can try using pre-build binaries which we have compiled against older android build.
http://www.embinux.com/download_beagle.php

Regards,
--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

frank zhu

Jan 21, 2009, 11:19:36 AM1/21/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

elega...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2009, 1:06:22 AM1/22/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Rupesh,

i follow the Android Porting Guide to Beagle Board (checkout the
2.6.27 kernel source) to port Android on my Beagle Board.

After all the things are done, I copy the uImage and root file system
to different separations (fat32/ext3) in a SD card.
Then use this SD card to boot the Beagle Board. Following is my boot
arguments:

console=ttyS2,115200n8 noinitrd root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 video=omapfb:mode:
1024x768@60 init=/init rootfstype=ext3 rw rootdelay=1 nohz=off

mmcinit; fatload mmc 0 0x80300000 uImage; bootm 0x80300000

The teraterm console will display much information, but the LCD can
not show anything which said that it is it is out of the range.
(Neither Android booting screen nor Android robot are shown)

It seems that the "video=omapfb:mode:1024x768@60" does not work.
(After booting, I can access the file system via teraterm console.)

How can I fix this problem to show Android main screen on my LCD?
(When typing the booting arguments, the beagleboard.org LOGO is shown
correctly on LCD)

BTW, I found a Linux OMAP repository that adds a list of common video
modes and allows one to be selected with video=omapfb:mode:name on the
command line.
Check here: http://git.mansr.com/?p=linux-omap;a=commitdiff;h=80fe5350fcb8feeae2db01b0173c39077b656ecf
The source code on embinux git seems not add this function?
Hope this will help you.

Sincerely,
Ken

On 1月15日, 上午5時23分, Howard M Harte <hhar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you press return at the serial console, do you get a # prompt? You
> should, and if so, you can take a look at the log using the 'logcat'
> utility. Also do a 'ps' and see that zygote and a bunch of Android
> processes are running. Also make sure your display is working
> properly. You can do 'cat somefile > /dev/fb0' and you should see
> some junk on the display.
>
> I ran into a similar problem with Android on a different platform.
> Android was running properly, but the LCD was not initialized properly
> by the bootloader.
>
> -Howard

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 22, 2009, 9:52:42 AM1/22/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Ken,

elega...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Rupesh,

i follow the Android Porting Guide to Beagle Board (checkout the
2.6.27 kernel source) to port Android on my Beagle Board.

After all the things are done, I copy the uImage and root file system
to different separations (fat32/ext3) in a SD card.
Then use this SD card to boot the Beagle Board. Following is my boot
arguments:

console=ttyS2,115200n8 noinitrd root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 video=omapfb:mode:
1024x768@60 init=/init rootfstype=ext3 rw rootdelay=1 nohz=off

Try out with
console=ttyS2,115200n8 noinitrd root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 video=omapfb:mode:
1024x768@50 init=/init rootfstype=ext3 rw rootdelay=1 nohz=off

We have tested it with video=omapfb:mode:1280x720@50. It is working for us.
I am not expert to comment about whether "video=omapfb:mode:1024x768@60"  is supported in our code base. But i definitely find support for this mode present. Please check.

http://labs.embinux.org/git/cgit.cgi/linux-omap-2.6/tree/drivers/video/omap/Kconfig?h=android-2.6.27

How can I fix this problem to show Android main screen on my LCD?
(When typing the booting arguments, the beagleboard.org LOGO is shown
correctly on LCD)

BTW, I found a Linux OMAP repository that adds a list of common video
modes and allows one to be selected with video=omapfb:mode:name on the
command line.
Check here: http://git.mansr.com/?p=linux-omap;a=commitdiff;h=80fe5350fcb8feeae2db01b0173c39077b656ecf
The source code on embinux git seems not add this function?
Hope this will help you.

Sincerely,
Ken

Regards,

--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 22, 2009, 10:00:13 AM1/22/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Frank,
  We have fixed step 2. ie.

step2: Apply tls & gl wrapper patch given below to Android build

Now you can apply both patches successfully. We have tested it against todays build. While we are still looking into ALSA issue.
Please let me know if you are still facing problems with step2.

Regards,
--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

vincent3...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2009, 7:59:34 AM2/2/09
to Beagle Board
Hi,
I also meet the lcd problem when I boot the android binary from
embinux.
The LCD monitor OSD show the message "Out of Range", I tried another
resolution
and
H/V sync frequency, but the problem still exist.

On Jan 22, 10:52 pm, Rupesh Gujare <rupesh.guj...@embinux.com> wrote:
> Ken,
>
> eleganc...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi Rupesh,
>
> > i follow the Android Porting Guide to Beagle Board (checkout the
> > 2.6.27 kernel source) to port Android on my Beagle Board.
>
> > After all the things are done, I copy the uImage and root file system
> > to different separations (fat32/ext3) in a SD card.
> > Then use this SD card to boot the Beagle Board. Following is my boot
> > arguments:
>
> > console=ttyS2,115200n8 noinitrd root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 video=omapfb:mode:
> > 1024x768@60 init=/init rootfstype=ext3 rw rootdelay=1 nohz=off
>
> Try out with
>
> console=ttyS2,115200n8 noinitrd root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 video=omapfb:mode:
> 1024x768@*50* init=/init rootfstype=ext3 rw rootdelay=1 nohz=off
>
> > mmcinit; fatload mmc 0 0x80300000 uImage; bootm 0x80300000
>
> > The teraterm console will display much information, but the LCD can
> > not show anything which said that it is it is out of the range.
> > (Neither Android booting screen nor Android robot are shown)
>
> > It seems that the "video=omapfb:mode:1024x768@60" does not work.
> > (After booting, I can access the file system via teraterm console.)
>
> We have tested it with video=omapfb:mode:1280x720@50. It is working for us.
> I am not expert to comment about whether "video=omapfb:mode:1024x768@60"
> is supported in our code base. But i definitely find support for this
> mode present. Please check.
>
> http://labs.embinux.org/git/cgit.cgi/linux-omap-2.6/tree/drivers/vide...> How can I fix this problem to show Android main screen on my LCD?
> > (When typing the booting arguments, the beagleboard.org LOGO is shown
> > correctly on LCD)
>
> > BTW, I found a Linux OMAP repository that adds a list of common video
> > modes and allows one to be selected with video=omapfb:mode:name on the
> > command line.
> > Check here:http://git.mansr.com/?p=linux-omap;a=commitdiff;h=80fe5350fcb8feeae2d...
> > The source code on embinux git seems not add this function?
> > Hope this will help you.
>
> > Sincerely,
> > Ken
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Rupesh Gujarehttp://embinux.com

Vincent Liang

Feb 3, 2009, 2:54:07 AM2/3/09
to Beagle Board
I compile the kernel 2.6.27 patched from embinux by myself,
and open the "Bootup logo" config, I cannot see penguin icon at
booting,
but i can see the beagleboard logo at u-boot.
I think the lcd driver doesn't match my lcd screen, is that right?
My both LCDs (17", 19") have the smae problem.
I check the lcd driver (lcd_omap3beagle.c, omapfb_main.c, dispc.c)
and
have no idea to modify it. Any suggestion is appreciated.

PS: the boot argument is as following:
setenv bootargs console=ttyS2,115200n8 noinitrd root=/dev/mmcblk0p2
video=omapfb:mode:1280x720@50 init=/init rootfstype=ext2 rw
rootdelay=1 nohz=off

elega...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2009, 2:01:13 AM2/4/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Finally I solve the problem after connecting the beagle board to
another LCD without chaning any configurations.

It seems that the old LCD (CMV CT-726D) does not support the output
signal or something.
When connecting to a new LCD (BenQ E2200HD), everything works fine.
(video=omapfb:mode:1024x768@50 is OK)

I have no idea about how to choose a suitable LCD.
Maybe Vincent Liang need to find another LCD that support the output
signal.

Best Regards,
Ken

Vincent Liang

Feb 5, 2009, 3:28:33 AM2/5/09
to Beagle Board
My LCD is CMV CT-730D, it cannot work fine as well.
After taking much hours to study and try & error. It seems to be lcd
timing problem.
I modify the function set_lcd_timings() in linux-omap-2.6/driver/video/
omap/dispc.c as following

+#if 0
l = dispc_read_reg(DISPC_TIMING_H);
l &= ~(FLD_MASK(0, 6) | FLD_MASK(8, 8) | FLD_MASK(20, 8));
l |= ( max(1, (min(64, panel->hsw))) - 1 ) << 0;
l |= ( max(1, (min(256, panel->hfp))) - 1 ) << 8;
l |= ( max(1, (min(256, panel->hbp))) - 1 ) << 20;
dispc_write_reg(DISPC_TIMING_H, l);

l = dispc_read_reg(DISPC_TIMING_V);
l &= ~(FLD_MASK(0, 6) | FLD_MASK(8, 8) | FLD_MASK(20, 8));
l |= ( max(1, (min(64, panel->vsw))) - 1 ) << 0;
l |= ( max(0, (min(255, panel->vfp))) - 0 ) << 8;
l |= ( max(0, (min(255, panel->vbp))) - 0 ) << 20;
dispc_write_reg(DISPC_TIMING_V, l);

l = dispc_read_reg(DISPC_POL_FREQ);
l &= ~FLD_MASK(12, 6);
l |= (panel->config & OMAP_LCDC_SIGNAL_MASK) << 12;
l |= panel->acb & 0xff;
dispc_write_reg(DISPC_POL_FREQ, l);
+#endif
+ dispc_write_reg(DISPC_TIMING_H, 0x0ff03f31);
+ dispc_write_reg(DISPC_TIMING_V, 0x01400504);
+ dispc_write_reg(DISPC_POL_FREQ, 0x00007028);

if (panel->pcd) {
pck_div = panel->pcd;
lck_div = 1;
} else {
calc_ck_div(is_tft, panel->pixel_clock * 1000,
&lck_div, &pck_div);
}
+#if 0
l = dispc_read_reg(DISPC_DIVISOR);
l &= ~(FLD_MASK(16, 8) | FLD_MASK(0, 8));
l |= (lck_div << 16) | (pck_div << 0);
dispc_write_reg(DISPC_DIVISOR, l);
+#endif
+ dispc_write_reg(DISPC_DIVISOR, 0x00010002);

I tried this patch and it work well, but I think this modification is
too rough.
Just for reference, thanks.

Vincent Liang

Feb 6, 2009, 12:51:51 AM2/6/09
to Beagle Board
Finally, I just only modify some argument in linux-omap-2.6/driver/
video/omap/lcd_omap3beagle.c as following:

.x_res = 1024,
.y_res = 768,
.hfp = 64,
.hsw = 50,
.hbp = 256,
.vfp = 5,
.vsw = 5,
.vbp = 20,
.pixel_clock = 56000,
.pcd = 2,

B.R.

Vincent Liang 寫道:

elega...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2009, 11:54:18 PM2/9/09
to Beagle Board
This modification works for my old LCD (CMV CT-726D).
Thanks for your effort.

Here I got another problem...
When test the keyboard input, certain keys don't work. (Like ESC,
Arrow keys...)
Some keys like PageUp for Volume Up or Enter for showing MENU work
fine.

I have modified the Qwerty.kl.
By running "getevent", I tested the following key input: (Only A,
PageUp and PageDown response on the LCD screen)

A:
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 00070004
/dev/input/event0: 0001 001e 00000001
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 00070004
/dev/input/event0: 0001 001e 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000

PageUp:
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 0007004b
/dev/input/event0: 0001 0068 00000001
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 0007004b
/dev/input/event0: 0001 0068 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000

PageDown:
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 0007004e
/dev/input/event0: 0001 006d 00000001
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 0007004e
/dev/input/event0: 0001 006d 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000

Right Arrow:
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 0007004f
/dev/input/event0: 0001 006a 00000001
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 0007004f
/dev/input/event0: 0001 006a 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000

ESC:
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 00070029
/dev/input/event0: 0001 0001 00000001
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 00070029
/dev/input/event0: 0001 0001 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000

Right Window:
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 000700e7
/dev/input/event0: 0001 007e 00000001
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0004 0004 000700e7
/dev/input/event0: 0001 007e 00000000
/dev/input/event0: 0000 0000 00000000

Any suggestion for solving this problem?
Thanks you all.

Best Regards,
Ken

Rupesh Gujare

Feb 14, 2009, 9:10:42 AM2/14/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
    In past ALSA was broken, looks like it got fixed in past, I have replaced old ALSA patch with new one. Can someone confirm whether it really works ?

Regards,
Rupesh Gujare

Steven Heintz

Feb 15, 2009, 11:14:55 PM2/15/09
to Beagle Board

Had the same LCD incompatibility that others were seeing. (A 3 yr old
Samsung SyncMaster 213T didn't work, but a new ViewSonic VX1962wm did
the trick)

I'm testing out the embinux prebuilt binary, and I'm now getting the
Android Logo/blinking Robot screen - but I can't get beyond it.

I used getevent to confirm that keyboard events are registering...
What am I missing? (I want to get to get past the robot - to the home
screen) :)

(Tried Enter, Esc, pgup, pgdown, everything I could think of....)

Thanks
-Steve

Steven Heintz

Feb 16, 2009, 12:05:26 AM2/16/09
to Beagle Board

FYI - earlier problem was resolved by changing permissions for items
in the RFS (chmod -R 777)

Now the keyboard commands register and I can get off the intro
screen :)

elega...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2009, 10:31:08 PM2/22/09
to Beagle Board
Sorry for bothering you all.

FYI. After updating the Android source and re-build the root file
system, all the keyboard inputs work fine.

ILKYOUNG KWOUN

Mar 7, 2009, 9:36:35 PM3/7/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Rupesh,

I'm a newbie and I have been watching this thread for a while. I gave a try to build the image by myself last night.

First, I downloaded the binaries you posted in the wiki and saw the android working on my BB. Great!
Next, I followed instruction in the wiki to compile the image on my computer.
Until to the step '8-Compile build', it was fine. I got the following messages and prompt back.
Target system fs image: out/target/product/generic/obj/PACKAGING/systemimage_unopt_intermediates/system.img
Install system fs image: out/target/product/generic/system.img
Target ram disk: out/target/product/generic/ramdisk.img
Target userdata fs image: out/target/product/generic/userdata.img
hl1oap@hl1oap-laptop-linux:/workspace/devel/BeagleBoard/android/android_build$

However, I found that I don't have anything in the directory 'out/target/product/generic/data'.
hl1oap@hl1oap-laptop-linux:/workspace/devel/BeagleBoard/android/android_build/out/target/product/generic$ ls -l
Total 52500
-rw-r--r--  1 hl1oap hl1oap        7 2009-03-08 10:37 android-info.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 hl1oap hl1oap       75 2009-03-08 08:50 clean_steps.mk
drwxr-xr-x  2 hl1oap hl1oap     4096 2009-03-08 09:03 data
drwxr-xr-x 12 hl1oap hl1oap     4096 2009-03-08 10:37 obj
-rw-r--r--  1 hl1oap hl1oap   145383 2009-03-08 10:37 ramdisk.img
drwxr-xr-x  8 hl1oap hl1oap     4096 2009-03-08 10:37 root
drwxr-xr-x  4 hl1oap hl1oap     4096 2009-03-08 09:39 symbols
drwxr-xr-x 12 hl1oap hl1oap     4096 2009-03-08 10:37 system
-rw-------  1 hl1oap hl1oap 53518080 2009-03-08 10:37 system.img
-rw-------  1 hl1oap hl1oap     2112 2009-03-08 10:37 userdata.img
hl1oap@hl1oap-laptop-linux:/workspace/devel/BeagleBoard/android/android_build/out/target/product/generic$ ls -l data
Total 0
hl1oap@hl1oap-laptop-linux:/workspace/devel/BeagleBoard/android/android_build/out/target/product/generic$

Is it correct? Or did I miss something during the build? I see several (sample/demo) applications under the 'data' directory in the binary you provided.

Best regards,

ILKYOUNG.

Howard M Harte

Mar 7, 2009, 10:40:48 PM3/7/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
It is ok if the /data partition is empty.  It will get populated the first time Android starts up.  In fact, on a real Android phone, it is common to have to wipe the /data and /cache partitions when switching between different versions of Android.

-Howard

Rupesh Gujare

Mar 9, 2009, 2:36:18 AM3/9/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
ILKYOUNG,
   Latest  Android binaries do not contains any "sample/demo" in /data directory. It should not create any problem as it is chaged in latest build. Binaries available to download, are older one, hence contains "sample/demo" in /data directory.

Regards,
--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

JayBird

Mar 9, 2009, 11:08:10 AM3/9/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Folks,

I've haven't tried to build Android on the BB for a view weeks now. I
was wondering if anyone made any progress in getting audio to work?

Cheers,
Jay

Harishkumar V

Mar 10, 2009, 7:03:42 AM3/10/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

How to set the dns in android .
i tried using setprop net.eth0.dns1 XX.XX.XX.XX

but it fails.

iam getting error like,

ping google.com
ping: unknown host google.com

how to fix this.

Regards,
HarishKumar.V

sanju More

Mar 11, 2009, 2:00:21 AM3/11/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to write driver for display controller for beagle board.

How to proceed? Is there any tutorial for writing driver for beagle board. How to include the driver module for existing kernel?

sonal

Mar 11, 2009, 2:26:12 AM3/11/09
to Beagle Board
Hello Rupesh,

I downloaded the binaries you provided , and could get the android up
on beagle board using sdcard. ( both command prompt and GUI).
Great !!! :)

Now, I wanted to run a simple c program on the coomand prompt.
I used arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc toolchain. But I can run it only
with static linking. Without static linking, it says: "./a.out: not
found."

Could you help me out in this ?
I do not want to use static linking.

Regards,
Sonal

sonal

Mar 11, 2009, 3:14:12 AM3/11/09
to Beagle Board, Sonal Gupta

hi,

I downloaded the binaries posted by you and could get the android up
on beagleboard.
thanks for making it so simple..

now i wanted to run simple C program on the command prompt,
i used arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc toolchain.
But i could run the .out only with static linking .
With dyanmic linking, it give out the error "./a.out: not found".

Could you help me on how to use dynamic linking and still be able to
run it on command prompt.

Regards,
Sonal

On Mar 8, 7:36 am, ILKYOUNG KWOUN <hl1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Rupesh,
>
> I'm a newbie and I have been watching this thread for a while. I gave a try
> to build the image by myself last night.
>
> First, I downloaded the binaries you posted in the wiki and saw the android
> working on my BB. Great!
> Next, I followed instruction in the wiki to compile the image on my
> computer.
> Until to the step '8-Compile build', it was fine. I got the following
> messages and prompt back.
> Target system fs image:
> out/target/product/generic/obj/PACKAGING/systemimage_unopt_intermediates/sy­stem.img
> Install system fs image: out/target/product/generic/system.img
> Target ram disk: out/target/product/generic/ramdisk.img
> Target userdata fs image: out/target/product/generic/userdata.img
> hl1oap@hl1oap-laptop-linux:/workspace/devel/BeagleBoard/android/android_bui­ld$

> However, I found that I don't have anything in the directory
> 'out/target/product/generic/data'.
> hl1oap@hl1oap-laptop-linux:/workspace/devel/BeagleBoard/android/android_bui­ld/out/target/product/generic$
> ls -l
> Total 52500
> -rw-r--r--  1 hl1oap hl1oap        7 2009-03-08 10:37 android-info.txt
> -rw-r--r--  1 hl1oap hl1oap       75 2009-03-08 08:50 clean_steps.mk
> drwxr-xr-x  2 hl1oap hl1oap     4096 2009-03-08 09:03 data
> drwxr-xr-x 12 hl1oap hl1oap     4096 2009-03-08 10:37 obj
> -rw-r--r--  1 hl1oap hl1oap   145383 2009-03-08 10:37 ramdisk.img
> drwxr-xr-x  8 hl1oap hl1oap     4096 2009-03-08 10:37 root
> drwxr-xr-x  4 hl1oap hl1oap     4096 2009-03-08 09:39 symbols
> drwxr-xr-x 12 hl1oap hl1oap     4096 2009-03-08 10:37 system
> -rw-------  1 hl1oap hl1oap 53518080 2009-03-08 10:37 system.img
> -rw-------  1 hl1oap hl1oap     2112 2009-03-08 10:37 userdata.img
> hl1oap@hl1oap-laptop-linux:/workspace/devel/BeagleBoard/android/android_bui­ld/out/target/product/generic$
> ls -l data
> Total 0
> hl1oap@hl1oap-laptop-linux:/workspace/devel/BeagleBoard/android/android_bui­ld/out/target/product/generic$

sonal

Mar 11, 2009, 3:17:27 AM3/11/09
to Beagle Board, sonal.aq...@gmail.com
hi,

I downloaded the binaries posted by you and could get the android up
on beagleboard.
thanks for making it so simple..

now i wanted to run simple C program on the command prompt, i used
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc toolchain.
But i could run the .out only with static linking .
With dyanmic linking, it give out the error "./a.out: not found".

Could you help me on how to use dynamic linking and still be able to
run it on command prompt.

Regards,
Sonal

Vladimir Pantelic

Mar 11, 2009, 10:11:16 AM3/11/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
sonal wrote:
> hi,
>
> I downloaded the binaries posted by you and could get the android up
> on beagleboard.
> thanks for making it so simple..
>
> now i wanted to run simple C program on the command prompt, i used
> arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc toolchain.
> But i could run the .out only with static linking .
> With dyanmic linking, it give out the error "./a.out: not found".

the android system comes with it's own libc and linker, if you do not
use the android toolchain then you also need to provide your own linker
and libc.

sonal

Mar 12, 2009, 2:19:58 AM3/12/09
to Beagle Board
Hi,
I am using the pre-built Binaries from emblinux, which seem to be
built using gcc version 4.2.1 (CodeSourcery Sourcery G++ Lite
2007q3-53).
I am trying to build the pvplayer_engine_test application (present in
OpenCORE folder) and run it on beagle board.
For this I am using the same code sourcery toolchain.
I guess I should be able to run it on the command prompt on
beagleboard, without having to change the linker and libc files.

Please correct me if I am wrong.....
Please let me know if i am missing soemthing here..

Regards,
Sonal

GiS

Apr 8, 2009, 11:37:42 PM4/8/09
to Beagle Board
Hi all,
Have everyone ever tried to play a video on Beagleboard Android yet?
When I play a MPEG-4 H264 or 3GP, I can hear the sound but only black
color on screen. I can still see and control the status bar so I think
I have codec problem hear or may be a driver is needed to use the
hardware video accelerator.
Any help please?
Thanks and regards,
Giang Nguyen

Skuld

Apr 15, 2009, 1:06:27 AM4/15/09
to Beagle Board, Skuld
Hi all:

I base http://labs.embinux.org/index.php/Android_Porting_Guide_to_Beagle_Board
to port Android System to beagle board.
When I boot kernel and enter init, it take some error.
How to fix it?
My Cross-Compile : gcc version 4.2.1 (CodeSourcery Sourcery G++ Lite
2007q3-51)

Thank you~

Follow Error Message:

VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 3 part 30 variant c rev
1

twl4030_rtc twl4030_rtc: setting system clock to 2000-01-01 00:00:00
UTC (946684800)

Waiting 3sec before mounting root device...

mmc0: host does not support reading read-only switch. assuming write-
enable.

mmc0: new SD card at address aaaa

mmcblk0: mmc0:aaaa SD02G 1931264KiB

mmcblk0: p1 p2

kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds

EXT3-fs warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is
recommended

EXT3 FS on mmcblk0p2, internal journal

VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem).

Freeing init memory: 148K

Warning: unable to open an initial console.

sonal gupta

Apr 15, 2009, 3:02:31 AM4/15/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Your file system should be in a linux partition. ext2/ext3.
check whether the partitions were created properly .

darbar

Apr 27, 2009, 4:04:06 AM4/27/09
to Beagle Board
Hi

I pulled the latest branch yesterday, replaced the
ANDROID_BUILD/.repo/manifest.xml and repo synced it. Then I did the
make and got the following messages. However, If the branch was built
without any patches, it finished without errors. Could someone help to
show how to fix this? Thanks.

packages/inputmethods/LatinIME/src/com/android/inputmethod/latin/
LatinKeyboard.java:93: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable IME_ACTION_SEARCH
location: class android.view.inputmethod.EditorInfo
case EditorInfo.IME_ACTION_SEARCH:
^
packages/inputmethods/LatinIME/src/com/android/inputmethod/latin/
LatinKeyboard.java:100: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable IME_ACTION_SEND
location: class android.view.inputmethod.EditorInfo
case EditorInfo.IME_ACTION_SEND:
^
packages/inputmethods/LatinIME/src/com/android/inputmethod/latin/
LatinIMESettings.java:45: cannot find symbol
symbol : method getSize(android.widget.ListView)
location: class android.text.AutoText
int autoTextSize = AutoText.getSize(getListView());
^
42 errors
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/LatinIME_intermediates/classes-
full-debug.jar] Error 41

Rupesh Gujare

Apr 27, 2009, 9:43:15 AM4/27/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
You can sync android-beagle build with all patches.
I have updated instructions, please check:-

http://labs.embinux.org/index.php/Android_Porting_Guide_to_Beagle_Board

Regards,

--
Rupesh Gujare
http://embinux.com

Susan

May 6, 2009, 8:41:10 AM5/6/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Rupesh,
After android porting to beagle board success, how can I put the
application like apk into beagle board? How to execute the
application?

Susan

ssocco

May 15, 2009, 6:24:02 PM5/15/09
to Beagle Board
Hi Rupesh,

I downloaded and flashed the pre-build FS and uImage on 5/14 and think
I have some timing issues with my LCD display.

I modified omap3_beagle_android_defconfig to have
CONFIG_FB_OMAP_031M3R=y to drive 640x480@60. I was able to obtain the
uImage but cannot find the file system? My host is Ubuntu 9.04, my
xcompiler is CodeSourcery Lite. I installed the repository files at ~/
beagleboard/embinux/beagledroid.

Where should I look for the file system ... In ~/beagleboard/embinux/
beagledroid/out/target/product/generic ?

Regards,
Steve