omapfbplay error when building Angstrom

Geof Cohler

Oct 8, 2008, 6:20:47 AM10/8/08
to Beagle Board
Hi,

I am building Angstrom with the .27 kernel (i.e. using linux-omap
instead of linux-omap2 in beagleboard.conf). The build bombs with the
following error:

omapfbplay.c:40:38: error: asm-arm/arch-omap/omapfb.h: No such file or
directory

So there appears to be an error in the .bb file for omapfbplay. Any
ideas?

I did a git pull before the build. So it has the latest sources.

Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Geof

Koen Kooi

Oct 8, 2008, 6:26:22 AM10/8/08
to Beagle Board
On 8 okt, 12:20, Geof Cohler <g.coh...@computer.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am building Angstrom with the .27 kernel (i.e. using linux-omap
> instead of linux-omap2 in beagleboard.conf).  The build bombs with the
> following error:
>
> omapfbplay.c:40:38: error: asm-arm/arch-omap/omapfb.h: No such file or
> directory
>
> So there appears to be an error in the .bb file for omapfbplay.

It's not an error in the recipe, the recipe builds an omapfbplay
version that assumes you have a kernel that predates the arm header
move (e.g. 2.6.26).

regards,

Koen

tau...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2008, 12:09:36 PM11/10/08
to Beagle Board
i have a local overlay for my own packages,
i just put a blank recipe in ~oe/local/packages/omapfbplay/
omapfbplay.bb

is this a good way to tell OE to just skip that package?