Board interfaces initialization sequence/code

sv1eia

Jun 4, 2009, 6:31:30 PM6/4/09
to Beagle Board

I have a beagleboard and I need to write a new ASoC driver based on
the resident TWL4030 driver as a template.

The question is where should I declare that I'll use additionaly the
McBSP1 port (McBSP2 is used by TWL4030) for connection to my new codec
device?

Is there a startup/setup somewhere whereas the board resident devices
and interfaces are being declared declared and allocated at boot time?
Or is it a document that describes some fundamentals of kernel booting
and interface initialization at boot time for the beagleboard
distributions?

I knew from other architectures (avr) something like setup.c but
apparently here we have something different and since I'm new to this
I could use some help here too.

Thanks,

Christos

sv1eia

Jun 7, 2009, 4:45:30 PM6/7/09
to Beagle Board
Anyone?

Søren Steen Christensen

Jun 7, 2009, 5:12:30 PM6/7/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Look at the source for x-loader (http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard#X-Loader)
This will initialize the basic peripherals (Clocks, NAND, DDR, UART)

In case you need something more advanced look in either u-boot- or the
Linux-sources.
In order to get going x-loader source is though a great starting point

Good luck
Søren

Søren Steen Christensen

Jun 7, 2009, 5:18:50 PM6/7/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Whops - I did only read the last message - not the full thread.
Apparently this thread started out with a request for some ASoC help, which
nobody has answered.
Hence this new post from Sv1Eia in order to check if anybody could help.

Please forget my previous post
Søren