FW: 7 session track at ESC using beagle

Kridner, Jason

Jan 29, 2009, 10:48:33 AM1/29/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

John Beetem

Jan 29, 2009, 8:00:25 PM1/29/09
to Beagle Board
I see that the 3D UI session includes SGX accelleration, at least
according to https://www.cmpevents.com/ESCw09/a.asp?option=C&V=11&SessID=8965.

Does that mean an SGX driver will finally be generally available?

Jason Kridner

Jan 29, 2009, 9:44:22 PM1/29/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

There is an SGX driver that is generally available at [1]. The issue
is that it is for an older kernel and no one has done the integration
with the latest kernels. You are welcome to do so. We are not sure
which kernel will be used for the classes yet. A 2.6.24 kernel was
used for the classes on Boston, and that did include SGX drivers as
well.

[1] https://www-a.ti.com/downloads/sds_support/targetcontent/dvsdk/oslinux_dvsdk/v3_00_3530/index.html

Rupesh Gujare

Jan 30, 2009, 3:30:10 AM1/30/09
to Beagle Board
Jason,
I will be interested to look into it, but don't find any
documentation for SGX. Can you guide about, from where can I start ?

Regards,
Rupesh Gujare

On Jan 30, 7:44 am, Jason Kridner <jkrid...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2009, at 7:00 PM, John Beetem wrote:
>

> > I see that the 3D UI session includes SGX accelleration, at least
> > according tohttps://www.cmpevents.com/ESCw09/a.asp?option=C&V=11&SessID=8965
> > .
>
> > Does that mean an SGX driver will finally be generally available?
>
> There is an SGX driver that is generally available at [1].  The issue
> is that it is for an older kernel and no one has done the integration
> with the latest kernels.  You are welcome to do so.  We are not sure
> which kernel will be used for the classes yet.  A 2.6.24 kernel was
> used for the classes on Boston, and that did include SGX drivers as
> well.
>
> [1]https://www-a.ti.com/downloads/sds_support/targetcontent/dvsdk/oslinu...

Jason Kridner

Jan 30, 2009, 7:26:19 AM1/30/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 30, 2009, at 2:30 AM, Rupesh Gujare wrote:

> Jason,
> I will be interested to look into it, but don't find any
> documentation for SGX. Can you guide about, from where can I start ?

There is a users' guide at [1]. Can you describe more what sort of
information you need to begin?