最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

ms12

未読、
2010/01/25 14:19:052010/01/25
To: Beagle Board
I just got 2 C4 boards on Fri, and I can't get the EHCI USB port to
work. I am using the same code on an SD card, both u-boot and Linux
kernel, to boot with. No devices get recognized, not even the USB hub
is seen. I am using a personalized version of u-boot, not the one in
the flash. Are there any changes in the board from C3 to C4 that
require specific setup in u-boot? I thought the noise problem was
taken care of, and both boards have the same symptoms, so I'm guessing
there is something I need to update. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Gerald Coley

未読、
2010/01/25 14:22:482010/01/25
To: beagl...@googlegroups.com
You need the latest UBoot and UImage. In order for the EHCI to work, the VAUX2 rail has to be turned on to enable the 1.8V to the USB PHY. I would ping Khasim on this. He has all the latest code.

Gerald

Gerald Coley

未読、
2010/01/25 16:06:392010/01/25
To: beagl...@googlegroups.com
Try this link:

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard
It has the latest Uboot.bin file to enable the 1.8V for the EHCI.

Gerald

ms12

未読、
2010/01/25 17:27:222010/01/25
To: Beagle Board
Thanks Gerald.

The issue is I have a uboot mod to enable McSPI3 pins, and several
kernel mods for various things. (I'm working on Android on
beagleboard, currently with Rowboat) I'd like to keep those mods and
not have to redo them. I've pinged Khasim as suggested, I hope he'll
point me to the changes necessary to get things to work on C4 relative
to C3. I'm concerned that the u-boot-ti git tree is sufficiently
different from the u-boot one that I'd have a lot of work back porting
my stuff. I will check it out in the mean time. Thanks for the help.
Mike

On Jan 25, 3:06 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> Try this link:
>
> *http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard*<http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard>

> It has the latest Uboot.bin file to enable the 1.8V for the EHCI.
>
> Gerald
>
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org>wrote:
>
> > You need the latest UBoot and UImage. In order for the EHCI to work, the
> > VAUX2 rail has to be turned on to enable the 1.8V to the USB PHY. I would
> > ping Khasim on this. He has all the latest code.
>
> > Gerald
>

> > On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:19 PM, ms12 <mstic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I just got 2 C4 boards on Fri, and I can't get the EHCI USB port to
> >> work.  I am using the same code on an SD card, both u-boot and Linux
> >> kernel, to boot with.  No devices get recognized, not even the USB hub
> >> is seen.  I am using a personalized version of u-boot, not the one in
> >> the flash.  Are there any changes in the board from C3 to C4 that
> >> require specific setup in u-boot?   I thought the noise problem was
> >> taken care of, and both boards have the same symptoms, so I'm guessing
> >> there is something I need to update.  Thanks in advance.
>
> >> Mike
>
> >> --

> >> beagleboard...@googlegroups.com<beagleboard%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Gerald Coley

未読、
2010/01/25 18:21:392010/01/25
To: beagl...@googlegroups.com
From what I understand, the patches are not that complicated. You should be able to make the changes yourself.

Gerald

bhaskara b

未読、
2010/02/03 20:59:112010/02/03
To: Beagle Board、bhaskara b
Hi,

I am posting first time here. Please disregard if you do not like this
temp solution.
On C4 board, USB interface device is using EHCI supply from PMI chip.
To enable this, we need updated uBoot. There is also a hardware
solution for this (temporary). You can power up the USB device using
1.8V instead of EHCI. On C3 board, 1.8V is routed directly. So, no sw
enable was required. If you can do soldering, just move the ferrite
bead, R67 (0603 size resistor like component) to R68 (R68 not
populated on C4 board, located on bottom side near expansion connector
J3). This will take care of 1.8V to USB device. Then host port should
work fine on C4 board. I did this and able to use mouse, keyboard!

Bhaskara

Gerald Coley

未読、
2010/02/03 21:09:432010/02/03
To: beagl...@googlegroups.com
Feel free to try this, but it will void the warranty of the board. The SW solution is the correct solution. In addtion you only have a 50% chance that this will even work. The ferrite is not the actual solution, just something that helps. It is very likely that if you do this, the USB will fail.

Gerald

Tattee

未読、
2010/02/04 4:21:422010/02/04
To: Beagle Board

I have a problem with USB OTG. What I have in partion 1 are MLO, u-
boot.bin, & uImage and in partition 2 I have Angstrom. All these files
were downloaded from this site>> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/
<<

I got the Angstrom working in the beagleboard, the only problem is my
mouse and keyboard aren't working. They are connected via hub (with
external supply) connected on to the USB OTG.

The uImage I have in partition 1 was approximately 2.9MB in size. I
tried to replace it with a different uImage sized at 2.0MB which I
forgot where I downloaded from. After replacing my mouse and keyboard
started working.

Any ideas what could be wrong with the new uImage? Thank you in
advance!

ramasamygopalan

未読、
2010/02/04 8:15:042010/02/04
To: Beagle Board
Hi all,

I am having the same problem in C4.....The USB mouse and keyboard are
not detected through a self-powered USB hub on the USB Host (P7)
port.......

I have the latest uImage, uboot-bin files from
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard.............

Pls help.........

Jason Kridner

未読、
2010/02/05 2:13:362010/02/05
To: beagl...@googlegroups.com、Koen Kooi
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:15 AM, ramasamygopalan
<ramasam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having the same problem in C4.....The USB mouse and keyboard are
> not detected through a self-powered USB hub on the USB Host (P7)
> port.......
>
> I have the latest uImage, uboot-bin files from
> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard.............
>
> Pls help.........

Does anyone know if those uboot.bin files include the updates to
enable the new power source for the USB?

> On Feb 4, 4:21 am, Tattee <argus.tat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a problem with USB OTG. What I have in partion 1 are MLO, u-
>> boot.bin, & uImage and in partition 2 I have Angstrom. All these files
>> were downloaded from this site>>http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/
>> <<
>>
>> I got the Angstrom working in the beagleboard, the only problem is my
>> mouse and keyboard aren't working. They are connected via hub (with
>> external supply) connected on to the USB OTG.
>>
>> The uImage I have in partition 1 was approximately 2.9MB in size. I
>> tried to replace it with a different uImage sized at 2.0MB which I
>> forgot where I downloaded from. After replacing my mouse and keyboard
>> started working.
>>
>> Any ideas what could be wrong with the new uImage? Thank you in
>> advance!

Koen Kooi

未読、
2010/02/05 3:46:362010/02/05
To: Jason Kridner、beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 5 feb 2010 om 08:13 heeft Jason Kridner <jkri...@beagleboard.org>
het volgende geschreven:\

> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:15 AM, ramasamygopalan
> <ramasam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am having the same problem in C4.....The USB mouse and keyboard are
>> not detected through a self-powered USB hub on the USB Host (P7)
>> port.......
>>
>> I have the latest uImage, uboot-bin files from
>> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard.............
>>
>> Pls help.........
>
> Does anyone know if those uboot.bin files include the updates to
> enable the new power source for the USB?

It's the exact same as the factory one in NAND. The source + patches
are in the uboot subdir at that url.

Gerald Coley

未読、
2010/02/05 8:19:202010/02/05
To: beagl...@googlegroups.com
And we test it in the factory and it does work.

Gerald

Tattee

未読、
2010/02/09 1:49:442010/02/09
To: Beagle Board
Hi still no USB OTG working for me. These are the files I have in my
SD card.

Partition 1:
MLO
u-boot.bin
uImage-2.6.29-r47-beagleboard.bin (I just renamed it to uImage,
then copy to partition 1)

Partition 2:
Angstrom-Beagleboard-demo-image-glibc-ipk-2009.X-stable-20090612--
beagleboard.rootfs.tar.bz2
modules-2.6.29-r47-beagleboard.tgz

I need your input guys! Thanks!

On Feb 5, 9:19 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> And we test it in the factory and it does work.
>
> Gerald
>

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 2:46 AM, Koen Kooi <k...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
>
> > Op 5 feb 2010 om 08:13 heeft Jason Kridner <jkrid...@beagleboard.org> het

> > --

> > beagleboard...@googlegroups.com<beagleboard%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Feliz

未読、
2010/02/09 10:52:082010/02/09
To: Beagle Board
I am having the same problem here!

USB OTG and HOST are not working at all.

The USB Host can enumerate a Hub, but can't enumerate mouse and
keyboard.
When the Hub is enumerated, then I connect a mouse on it, the Hub
disconnects from beagleboard and mouse detection fails and the USB
gets unusable till I restart the board.

> > > --

ramasamygopalan

未読、
2010/02/09 17:11:242010/02/09
To: Beagle Board
Hi all,

I also face the same problem of USB Host port not enumerating the hub
connected to it........

I booted the board and checked the VDD_EHCI voltage whether it is
active by measuring across R67........And i was able to measure a 1.8V
across R67, hence the u-boot file which I am using must be right as
from the previous discussions........ I also see 5V in the P7
connector on pin 1.......So it looks like the power is properly
supplied to the USB Host port interface.........

It is something else that prevents it from detecting the USB
hub........I use the USB hub given in this link rosewill.com/products/
s_1289/productDetail.htm..............

Is it like the USB hub from only a specified vendors are detected or
any USB hub which is USB 2.0 HS will be detected?

Thanks,
Ramasamy Gopalan.

ramasamygopalan

未読、
2010/02/09 18:11:172010/02/09
To: Beagle Board
Hi all,

I would like to mention that I also tried android OS on the BB and
still it also did not detect the Host USB..........

So, both OSes (Angstrom and Android) do not detect the USB Host port
and I am able to measure VDD_EHCI as 1.8 V across R7..........

Also, one more question: Does anyone know what is to be done as next
step if I encounter an error as "arecord not found" when I test audio
in port of BB?

Thanks,
Ramasamy Gopalan.

SVedurumudi

未読、
2010/02/09 18:15:182010/02/09
To: beagl...@googlegroups.com
Given my limited knowledge here, if I were you, I would download the
libs and utils from http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Main_Page
and compile them using my cross-compile env and take it from there.
But, thats just me.

Have fun,

-Sri.

全員に返信