XM Hardware Reference Manual

Max Thrun

Jul 27, 2010, 5:25:03 PM7/27/10
to Beagle Board
Can someone point me to the XM hardware reference manual (if it even
exists?) I cannot seem to find it on the beagleboard website.

Thanks,
Max

Gerald Coley

Jul 27, 2010, 6:31:21 PM7/27/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The resson for that is that it has not yet been placed onto the website. I am waiting on a couple of items to be completed before I place it out there. I expect the -xM information to be posted next week.

Gerald

Jason Kridner

Aug 6, 2010, 5:01:51 PM8/6/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> The resson for that is that it has not yet been placed onto the website. I
> am waiting on a couple of items to be completed before I place it out there.
> I expect the -xM information to be posted next week.

It is there now at http://beagleboard.org/hardware/design

Jacek Radzikowski

Aug 6, 2010, 11:05:18 PM8/6/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 17:01, Jason Kridner <jkri...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
>> The resson for that is that it has not yet been placed onto the website. I
>> am waiting on a couple of items to be completed before I place it out there.
>> I expect the -xM information to be posted next week.
> It is there now at http://beagleboard.org/hardware/design

Jason,

Thanks a lot for posting the docs! Great job!
I have a one more request: would you be able to post mechanical
drawings for the board? I went through the PDFs on beagleboard.com,
but I found only dimensioned location of the LCD connector.

j.

--
Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier

Petr Štetiar

Aug 7, 2010, 5:39:52 AM8/7/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Jacek Radzikowski <jacek.ra...@gmail.com> [2010-08-06 23:05:18]:

> I have a one more request: would you be able to post mechanical
> drawings for the board? I went through the PDFs on beagleboard.com,
> but I found only dimensioned location of the LCD connector.

Hi,

I think, that you're not first asking:

http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/search?group=beagleboard&q=mechanical+drawings

-- ynezz

Gerald Coley

Aug 7, 2010, 9:21:33 AM8/7/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I don't have a detailed mecahnical drawing and I do not have immediate plans to create one. I am busy trying to get this thing into production at the moment.

Gerald

bear24rw

Aug 7, 2010, 12:47:03 AM8/7/10
to Beagle Board
Thank a lot for posting the manual!

I also agree with Jacek, a pdf of just dimensions including mounting
holes and header locations would be really handy.

Jason Kridner

Aug 7, 2010, 12:08:07 PM8/7/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Bill Mar at Special Computing, who I still owe for some other favors
in his support of the BeagleBoard, has done 3D models of the
BeagleBoard in the past and I understand has a great case for the xM
already (heard this from Koen). Perhaps someone can give him a hand
with his 3D models to create a nice mechanical drawing?

Petr Štetiar

Aug 7, 2010, 1:57:40 PM8/7/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Jason Kridner <jkri...@beagleboard.org> [2010-08-07 12:08:07]:

> Bill Mar at Special Computing, who I still owe for some other favors
> in his support of the BeagleBoard, has done 3D models of the
> BeagleBoard in the past and I understand has a great case for the xM
> already (heard this from Koen). Perhaps someone can give him a hand
> with his 3D models to create a nice mechanical drawing?

You can use the Bill's 3D model[1] already. You just need to install Sketchup
and measure what you need. My 3 minute work with sketchup as example[2]. You
can even export it in DXF from Sketchup, but you need a PRO version.

I plan to produce cases for BB , I was just waiting with public announcement
until I've the case for XM also, but I'll show what I've for now as a small
preview. I've 3D model of BB in Inventor already, it was used for production
of BB case prototype[3,4,5] and I'll publish it for sure, at least as drawing
in PDF. It's cut using laser, basic material is brushed stainless steel.

-- ynezz

1. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=9904cdeba8e76daca3374bbb8941adff
2. http://ynezz.true.cz/case/b3d.jpg
3. http://ynezz.true.cz/case/case1.jpg
4. http://ynezz.true.cz/case/case2.jpg
5. http://ynezz.true.cz/case/case3.jpg

bear24rw

Aug 7, 2010, 3:41:09 PM8/7/10
to Beagle Board
Ynezz, An Inventor model of the XM would be really great!

Gerald Coley

Aug 7, 2010, 4:21:03 PM8/7/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
If anyone wants to take a crack at this get it tot me and I will get it posted. If I were to put all of this stuff in every format there is, then the only thing we would have is all of these different formats to run the SW on and no boards!

Gerald

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 2:41 PM, bear24rw <bear...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ynezz, An Inventor model of the XM would be really great!

Petr Štetiar

Aug 7, 2010, 4:39:48 PM8/7/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
bear24rw <bear...@gmail.com> [2010-08-07 12:41:09]:

> Ynezz, An Inventor model of the XM would be really great!

I don't have XM yet...

-- ynezz