Anyone want to hear about a hardware issue?

Trey

Oct 26, 2010, 9:20:41 AM10/26/10
to Beagle Board
I have a BB_xM rev A2 board that I have been having problems with.

Basically it appears that I can not write to a SD-Card without
corrupting the filesystem. Also I got a lot of Segmentation Faults.
You can see this link for more details.
http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/7c711e12774604f8#

I spend about 7 days working on this problem thinking it was the way I
created the sd-card, my power supply, sc-card speed, Micron Memory,
etc.

Finally I got a a new BB_xM rev B board and it works great (so far).
With the same sd-card, same build, same power supply it seems to work
fine.

So I wanted to know, before I send the board back to Special Computing
does anyone want me to do anymore debugging on the board to determine
exactly what the problem is. I would be happy to help if someone has
some test they want me to run.

BTW: The new board (that works) does not appear to have the Micron
Memory.

Gerald Coley

Oct 26, 2010, 9:58:22 AM10/26/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Rerquest an RMA from BeagleBoard.org. They are the people that helps you do the digging before it is returned for any sort of repair and they do th erepair, not Special Computing. Also, there is no -xM Rev B. The correct revsion is Rev A3.

Gerald

Trey

Oct 26, 2010, 11:25:06 AM10/26/10
to Beagle Board
On one of my boards it has a white sticker on it that says A2 (this is
the board that does not work) and on the working board the white
sticker says "B". Also on the back of the board it says "Rev B".

I will contact BeagleBoard.org; thanks.

On Oct 26, 9:58 am, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> Rerquest an RMA from BeagleBoard.org. They are the people that helps you do
> the digging before it is returned for any sort of repair and they do th
> erepair, not Special Computing. Also, there is no -xM Rev B. The correct
> revsion is Rev A3.
>
> Gerald
>
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Trey <treyweav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a BB_xM rev A2 board that I have been having problems with.
>
> > Basically it appears that I can not write to a SD-Card without
> > corrupting the filesystem.  Also I got a lot of Segmentation Faults.
> > You can see this link for more details.
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/7c711...
>
> > I spend about 7 days working on this problem thinking it was the way I
> > created the sd-card, my power supply, sc-card speed, Micron Memory,
> > etc.
>
> > Finally I got a a new BB_xM rev B board and it works great (so far).
> > With the same sd-card, same build, same power supply it seems to work
> > fine.
>
> > So I wanted to know, before I send the board back to Special Computing
> > does anyone want me to do anymore debugging on the board to determine
> > exactly what the problem is.  I would be happy to help if someone has
> > some test they want me to run.
>
> > BTW:  The new board (that works) does not appear to have the Micron
> > Memory.
>
> > --
> > .

Gerald Coley

Oct 26, 2010, 12:21:26 PM10/26/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
There are three stickers. The Revision number which should says A3 or A2, the assembly number that should say -00 or -01 and the serial number. The PCB is a rev B, but the assemly is Rev A3.

Gerald

Gerald Coley

Oct 26, 2010, 12:36:20 PM10/26/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
You are correct. Rev B boards are starting to trickle out. There is a different processor revision on the Rev B board, ES1.1. Other than that it is the same as the Rev A3 board. We could no longer get the Es1.0 silicon.

Gerald