Maemo5 on Beagle?

Dirk Behme

Oct 25, 2009, 3:06:53 AM10/25/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there is some rumor that on Maemo summit 2009 [1] two weeks ago there
was an announcement (from TI?) to port Maemo5 to Beagle (and to open
all OMAP1/2 N770/8x0 drivers) (?)

Anybody knows any details about this? Maybe I failed, but for this
Google doesn't seem to help.

And where to discuss this? Maemo, linux-omap or Beagle mailing list + IRC?

Thanks

Dirk

[1] http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2009

Tuomas Kulve

Oct 25, 2009, 4:39:50 AM10/25/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Dirk Behme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is some rumor that on Maemo summit 2009 [1] two weeks ago there
> was an announcement (from TI?) to port Maemo5 to Beagle (and to open

Maemo5 alpha was already running on beagle but there were some issues
with beta and after that there doesn't seem to be any updates:

http://maemo-beagle.garage.maemo.org/

I don't recall what it was said about that at the Summit.

> all OMAP1/2 N770/8x0 drivers) (?)

TI promised to release OMAP2 drivers "within 2-3 weeks". It's now been 2
weeks and usually these kind of releases tend to come late, so maybe
we'll need to wait 2 more weeks :)

Ameet Suri was mainly talking about n8x0 and OMAP2 related to opening to
drivers but he did mention once the 770 too. I wonder if they really are
opening the drivers for that too or was it just a slip..

--
Tuomas

Dirk Behme

Oct 25, 2009, 12:11:04 PM10/25/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Tuomas Kulve wrote:
> Dirk Behme wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> there is some rumor that on Maemo summit 2009 [1] two weeks ago there
>> was an announcement (from TI?) to port Maemo5 to Beagle (and to open
>
> Maemo5 alpha was already running on beagle but there were some issues
> with beta and after that there doesn't seem to be any updates:
>
> http://maemo-beagle.garage.maemo.org/
>
> I don't recall what it was said about that at the Summit.

I asked at #maemo regarding this and got

http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-irclog/%23maemo.2009-10-25.log.html#t2009-10-25T17:47:29

Seems that

http://omappedia.org/wiki/Maemo_on_OMAP_Project

will coordinate this. Recent issue seems to be some DSS vs SGX trouble.

Best regards

Dirk

Dirk Behme

Oct 27, 2009, 1:24:18 PM10/27/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Short status update: There is some really good progress with Maemo5 on
Beagle:

http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2009-October/021818.html

Maybe anybody is able to help with the LCD/display issue described there?

Cheers

Dirk