Problem To Test USB OTG as HOST using a USB Mouse

Anirban Roy Choudhury

Sep 26, 2008, 6:03:25 AM9/26/08
to discu...@beagleboard.org

Hi all,

When I am testing USB OTG as host using a USB Mouse at that time when I am giving
the command "vtest /dev/input/event0" It is givin following error

[root@beagleboard mmc]# evtest /dev/input/event0
Input driver version is 1.0.0
Input device ID: bus 0x0 vendor 0x0 product 0x0 version 0x0
Input device name: "triton2-pwrbutton"
Supported events:
  Event type 0 (Sync)
  Event type 1 (Key)
    Event code 116 (Power)
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)

After that console is hanged.
So, How this problem will be fixed.

Thanks & Regards
Anirban Roy Choudhury

This message (including any attachment) is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this message by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) listed above is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action taken or omission of action by you in reliance upon it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete all copies of the message if you have received this message in error.

Koen Kooi

Sep 26, 2008, 7:39:18 AM9/26/08
to Beagle Board

> This message (including any attachment) is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access to this message by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) listed above is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action taken or omission of action by you in reliance upon it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete all copies of the message if you have received this message in error.

ehm... what? Sorry, can't help you since I'm not authorized

Anirban Roy Choudhury

Sep 26, 2008, 7:43:20 AM9/26/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, discu...@beagleboard.org
Hi all,

I have soldered the pin 4(ID) and pin 5(GND) of OTG to keep the board in host mode,
How to be sure that it is working under host mode. I am using IO Gear 4 port USB HUB.
Hub is getting power from beagle board without externel power to the HUB and even mouse
is getting power too.

But still it is giving output as

[root@beagleboard /]# cd /mnt/mmc/
[root@beagleboard mmc]# evtest /dev/input/event0
Input driver version is 1.0.0
Input device ID: bus 0x0 vendor 0x0 product 0x0 version 0x0
Input device name: "triton2-pwrbutton"
Supported events:
Event type 0 (Sync)
Event type 1 (Key)
Event code 116 (Power)
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)

and mouse click event is not happening.

Thanks & Regards
Anirban Roy Choudhury

winmail.dat

Koen Kooi

Sep 26, 2008, 9:02:30 AM9/26/08
to Beagle Board
On 26 sep, 13:43, "Anirban Roy Choudhury" <anirba...@tataelxsi.co.in>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have soldered the pin 4(ID) and pin 5(GND) of OTG to keep the board in host mode,
> How to be sure that it is working under host mode. I am using IO Gear 4 port USB HUB.
> Hub is getting power from beagle board without externel power to the HUB and even mouse
> is getting power too.
>
> But still it is giving output as
>
> [root@beagleboard /]# cd /mnt/mmc/
> [root@beagleboard mmc]# evtest /dev/input/event0

What makes you think event0 is the mouse?

> Input driver version is 1.0.0
> Input device ID: bus 0x0 vendor 0x0 product 0x0 version 0x0
> Input device name: "triton2-pwrbutton"

Especially since it says that it's the user button, not a mouse.
>  winmail.dat
> 5KWeergevenDownloaden

John Beetem

Sep 26, 2008, 12:10:27 PM9/26/08
to Beagle Board
The BeagleBoard USB OTG port can only source 100 mA. This is barely
enough for one USB device, and usually is not enough for reliable
operation of a hub plus a device. I recommend trying external power
for the hub. Many unpowered hubs have a 5V power jack. Be sure to
use a well-regulated +5V supply and be sure that the plug has the
correct polarity for your hub. Also, try the mouse alone without a
hub.

The way I test whether the BeagleBoard USB OTG port is in host mode on
my Rev B4 board is to see if pin 1 of the OTG connector is at +5V. R5
is a good place to probe it.

There are useful OTG hints at the eLinux wiki http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard#OTG
and FAQ http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardFAQ#USB_OTG_connection.

On Sep 26, 4:43 am, "Anirban Roy Choudhury"

Anirban Roy Choudhury

Sep 27, 2008, 3:12:14 AM9/27/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
hi Koen,

In V5 HRM document it is mentioned Beagleboard REV B5 HRM document

Thanks & Regards,
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.

Anirban Roy Choudhury

Sep 27, 2008, 3:16:53 AM9/27/08
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

we are using Rev B5 board and whatever you told we have checked it already
but that is also not working and giving
same output as previous.

Thanks & Regards,
Anirban Roy Choudhury

On Sep 27, 12:16 pm, "Anirban Roy Choudhury"