BeagleBone System Reference Manual

Jason Kridner

Nov 8, 2011, 5:04:37 PM11/8/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I've uploaded the system reference manual that Gerald released to me,
along with additional hardware files including Gerbers, Orcad
schematics and Allegro design files:
http://beagleboard.org/hardware/design/

Jacek Radzikowski

Nov 8, 2011, 6:55:53 PM11/8/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Jason,

thanks for sharing.
Let me ask the first question: What is the length of the cutout for
LEDs and reset? (fig. 36/p.67).

j.

> --

Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier

Gerald Coley

Nov 8, 2011, 7:08:17 PM11/8/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
It wil be on the next revsion of the manual. 9/16 of an inch.

Gerald

Seppo Nikkilä

Nov 9, 2011, 12:59:36 AM11/9/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the SRM! Looks great.
Would be very helpful to have the locations of the
connectors and holes documented for the expansion bords.
A good place could be Figure 36 on page 67 of 72
or a separate figure just for them.

siñ
Developing next generation wireless audio

Jacek Radzikowski

Nov 9, 2011, 1:27:01 AM11/9/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
You can read them from the gerbers. If you can wait a bit longer, I'll
release kicad module for BeagleBone.

j.

2011/11/9 Seppo Nikkilä <seppo....@innovativeideas.fi>:

> Thanks for the SRM! Looks great.
> Would be very helpful to have the locations of the
> connectors and holes documented for the expansion bords.
> A good place could be Figure 36 on page 67 of 72
> or a separate figure just for them.
>

> siń

Gerald Coley

Nov 9, 2011, 8:18:25 AM11/9/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Gerbers are the way to go. We will have a sample gerber for a cape soon when we relase the DVID board.

Gerald

Jason Kridner

Nov 9, 2011, 11:22:04 AM11/9/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Jacek Radzikowski
<jacek.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can read them from the gerbers. If you can wait a bit longer, I'll
> release kicad module for BeagleBone.

Will you give rights such that they can be uploaded to
http://beagleboard.org/hardware/design?

Jacek Radzikowski

Nov 9, 2011, 12:10:11 PM11/9/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 11:22, Jason Kridner <jkri...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Jacek Radzikowski
> <jacek.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You can read them from the gerbers. If you can wait a bit longer, I'll
>> release kicad module for BeagleBone.
>
> Will you give rights such that they can be uploaded to
> http://beagleboard.org/hardware/design?

I want to release the design under an open license and I'd be very
happy to see it featured on the BB web site. I have not decided yet on
the type of license, but I'm considering GPL or share alike CC,
slightly leaning towards the latter. Any suggestions and advises on
this?

j.

Gerald Coley

Nov 9, 2011, 12:12:23 PM11/9/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
There are several options. Contact me and we can discuss.

Gerald

Koen Kooi

Nov 9, 2011, 12:18:04 PM11/9/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Op 9 nov. 2011, om 18:10 heeft Jacek Radzikowski het volgende geschreven:

> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 11:22, Jason Kridner <jkri...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Jacek Radzikowski
>> <jacek.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> You can read them from the gerbers. If you can wait a bit longer, I'll
>>> release kicad module for BeagleBone.
>>
>> Will you give rights such that they can be uploaded to
>> http://beagleboard.org/hardware/design?
>
> I want to release the design under an open license and I'd be very
> happy to see it featured on the BB web site. I have not decided yet on
> the type of license, but I'm considering GPL or share alike CC,
> slightly leaning towards the latter. Any suggestions and advises on
> this?

What about http://www.tapr.org/OHL ?

regards,

Koen

Jacek Radzikowski

Nov 9, 2011, 2:40:37 PM11/9/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

I think that CC-BY-SA covers all my needs. What would be the advantage
of distributing under TAPR license?

regards,

Maxim Podbereznyy

Nov 10, 2011, 1:44:36 AM11/10/11
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Probably because it is specially designed for hardware?