Beagleboard C3 CPU frequency

Bahadir

Mar 1, 2010, 7:52:13 AM3/1/10
to Beagle Board
The C4 manual says Cortex-a8 cpu frequency is 720Mhz, and there is no
C3 manual available anymore. Can you please confirm the correct
default cpu frequency for the beagleboard C3?

Thanks,

Bahadir

Koen Kooi

Mar 1, 2010, 7:57:31 AM3/1/10
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

For C3 the correct frequency is 500MHz, with 600MHz as a so called "overdrive" frequency. Having said that, if you aren't too attached to your warranty you can try to run your c3 at 720MHz as well.

regards,

Koen

Bahadir

Mar 1, 2010, 2:59:13 PM3/1/10
to Beagle Board

Thanks for the info. We are counting CPU cycles per OMAP timer tick
running at 13Mhz and that yields 480Mhz as the cpu frequency. Would
you say that is possible?

Thanks,

Bahadir

Bahadir

Mar 1, 2010, 3:07:23 PM3/1/10
to Beagle Board

Nevermind. I think the timer frequency settings are wrong.

Bahadir