BB expansion header- Level Shifter

kunal mankodiya

Oct 24, 2009, 7:36:04 AM10/24/09
to Beagle Board
Dear Friends,

I am looking for a bi-directional level shifter (1.8 V to 3.3 V) for
SPI communication at BB expansion header. The ADC we are working with
is ADS1258 EVM (working with 3.3 V)

I am thinking to buy http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/txb0108.html

Does any body suggest other product or IC concerning this issue?

Thanks a lot,
Kunal

Gerald Coley

Oct 24, 2009, 8:27:55 AM10/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The TXS0108 series should be fine. There is also a TXB0108 that has different pullup configurations and may or may not be better suited for your specific application. It really depends on whether you need an external pullup or not. These are used on the Beagle for the I2C level shifting.

Gerald

John (USP)

Oct 24, 2009, 2:46:00 PM10/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

I use TXS0108 for SPI level translation.

Minh Thành

Oct 24, 2009, 9:11:07 AM10/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, TinCanTool uses 74AVC4T774 for level shifting on their Zippy.
--
Phan Minh Thành
R&P Forwarding - Trading Co., Ltd.

kunal mankodiya

Oct 24, 2009, 11:29:36 AM10/24/09
to Beagle Board
Thanks Gerald.

TXB0108 : 8-Bit Bidirectional Voltage-Level Translator with Auto
Direction Sensing and +/-15-kV ESD Protect
TXS0108 : 8-Bit Bidirectional Voltage-Level Translator For Open-Drain
And Push-Pull Application

You have recommended TXS0108.

But isn't TXB0108 Auto direction sensing useful here ?

Kunal

On Oct 24, 2:27 pm, Gerald Coley <ger...@beagleboard.org> wrote:
> The TXS0108 series should be fine. There is also a TXB0108 that has
> different pullup configurations and may or may not be better suited for your
> specific application. It really depends on whether you need an external
> pullup or not. These are used on the Beagle for the I2C level shifting.
>
> Gerald

kunal mankodiya

Oct 24, 2009, 4:28:04 PM10/24/09
to Beagle Board
Thanks Guys. I ordered TXB0108.

John (USP)

Oct 24, 2009, 5:46:59 PM10/24/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Use this if the data direction changes, such as in an I2C bus.
> TXS0108 : 8-Bit Bidirectional Voltage-Level Translator For Open-Drain
Use this one for SPI since the direction of the signals are fixed. MOSI, CLK
& CS are all outputs from OMAP and MISO is an input.

Robert Konieczny

Oct 25, 2009, 4:25:04 AM10/25/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
TXS0108E = ST2378E (the same functionality but slower)

Cyril Gouit

Nov 13, 2009, 6:57:12 AM11/13/09
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
We are using MAX3378 (Maxim product), it's work very well for GPIO, UART, SPI (tested), and I²C (not tested)