EU President Calls For “Global Governance” To Solve Financial Crisis

General.........Public:.are. Lobotomized Sheep....@..999.2012..WBCHNC.News.ukuscan.ca The General........Public:.are.. Lobotomized Sheep

Oct 23, 2008, 3:48:47 PM10/23/08
EU President Calls For “Global Governance” To Solve Financial Crisis

Barroso outlined no specific proposals but said a solution needed to be
based on transparency, responsibility, cross-border supervision and global
governance. He also said the world’s financial system needed “major reform.”

EU President Calls For “Global Governance” To Solve Financial Crisis

CNN
Thursday, October 23, 2008

The economic turmoil will be the focus of the two-day, 43-nation Asia-Europe
Meeting, which opens Friday in Beijing, according to European Union
President Jose Manuel Barroso, speaking at the EU’s Beijing office Thursday.

Leaders hope this week’s summit in China will help bring agreement on a
response to the crisis ahead of a November 15 meeting hosted by U.S.
President George W. Bush in Washington.

“We need a coordinated global response to reform the global financial
system. We are living in unprecedented times and we need unprecedented
levels of global coordination,” The Associated Press reported Barroso as
saying. “It’s very simple. We swim together or we sink together.”